• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is a good pick-up and play type of character

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
For the 3DS version especially. I play SSB4 on the way to school everyday (or atleast most days), and when i reach near and i'm still in a 2-stock match, Ganondorf's disrespectful off-stage flame choke thankfully takes down the level 9 CPU's last stock or atleast get a single K.O before loss. I only use disrespect at the most dire of the times or when i want to end a match quickly, or when i want to have a good laugh. I usually go wizard kick party and NBA material Dair. The tier list is a lie when it comes to Ganon.

piscaso

Smash Cadet
Ganon is very easy to pick up!
The only combo you need to know is SideB to Dtilt.
He only needs to attack when the opponent is near, and matches go really quickly!
He can easily balance the stocks, and kills so early its criminal.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
He is good when used correctly, and when an opponent can't get out of his side-special and down-tilt combo, matches can go quickly. The only reason he isn't very high tier is because his recovery isn't that good when trying to recover horizontally, and he's slow. Other than that, I think he deserves to be on a higher tier level than he is speculated at now.

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
Not only that, but he unlocks characters easily and can destroy solo modes, especially with custom Ganondorf! Great for covering the tournaments!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ganon is only a good pickup and play-character if your opponents are low-level.
If you face really good opponents, you'll see soon enough it takes more than mastering the basics to be successful with Ganon.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf is not a pick and play character. Granted, his attacks are alot more straight forwards then most of the cast(no tippers, no throw combos, no real gimmicks like changing modes, items that have limited uses, etc...) since his attacks are tailored made to score KOs and hurt.

The issue is that Ganondorf has to read his opponent carefully, or chances are you will lose. While he is vastly improved from how he was in Brawl, he's still not a character that a player can just throw out F-Smashes with and win. A Ganondorf player needs to understand his moves, the lag that those moves have if they are shielded or miss, and how to punish an opponent's own mistakes.

Ganondorf is a very viable character, and is played right, his power can utterly destroy an opponent quickly. But he is not a character you can just throw out moves with and hope to win.

Many matches with Ganondorf goes one or two ways. Either you read your oppoents well, and punsh their mistakes harsly, or they wait for you to make a single mistake, and then turn the match in their favor.

Ganondorf is a fun character to use, but he's not a pick and play character. He takes alot of effort and a talent at reading an oppoent to work at a very high level.

And even then, against certain characters like Shiek, even that might not be enough...

Top Bottom