• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf in "The Legend of Vermanubis: WiiU Console Quest"

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Ok so the matchmaking and video thread was getting clogged in regards to the funding project for Verm and his Wii U. I'm making this thread to stop the clutter and because this subject does indeed need to be discussed a bit more. Most likely what will happen is that we'll start a gofundme and I can give relevant info here on that, like fees, if needed. Still open to suggestions and Naroghin Naroghin I need to take time to look at your suggestions. I'll have time off this Tuesday and Wednesday so I'll be doing it then. Until then, discuss the funding and who's down and who wants to whoop on Verms behind in HD glory.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Back in my day we went and got a job when we wanted a new hd console. Butt ohhh look at me im verm im a mod i can just syphon the hard earned dollars of prepubescent teenagers on the internet for my console.

~~~ohhh what a wooorrlllddd we live innn~~~

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Back in my day we went and got a job when we wanted a new hd console. Butt ohhh look at me im verm im a mod i can just syphon the hard earned dollars of prepubescent teenagers on the internet for my console.

~~~ohhh what a wooorrlllddd we live innn~~~
In the spirit of Ganon, doesn't this make me supreme among you: to be <so> evil as to siphon the hard-earned dollars of prepubescent teenagers on the internet for my console? :colorful: Don't hate me just 'cause I'm evil, Kosk.

In all seriousness, I can't thank you guys enough! Though, the more I think about the whole situation, the more I realize that I haven't really contributed to the community any more than the next Ganon. That being said, while I don't want to act as if I'm above you guys' generosity, I simply don't see myself as having done enough to feel at peace with the trouble you all would be put through on my behalf.

Let it be known once again, however, that having you guys just offer out of the blue is beyond incredible, and I won't soon forget it. Despite Koskinator Koskinator 's disappointing lack of black-heartedness as to find this morally objectionable, he has a point: ultimately, I feel it would be my clout as a "top" Ganon (if I'm so lucky to be seen this way) that would earn me this rather than my deeds for the community.

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Well, it's not an easy situation at all but the money is being given freely and willingly by individuals who, by all measurable means, are in their right minds.

Last time I checked, friends help each other in a multitude of different ways, even pecuniarily, and many times we discover friends where we didn't know we had them.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I love Verm and all. He's a great guy. but I find this pretty meh, honesty.
But it's none of my bussiness.​

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Well, it's not an easy situation at all but the money is being given freely and willingly by individuals who, by all measurable means, are in their right minds.

Last time I checked, friends help each other in a multitude of different ways, even pecuniarily, and many times we discover friends where we didn't know we had them.
Well said, sir, and thank you as always. My primary worry is just it being perceived as preferential, you know? Sort of a "why this guy and not the other" sort of deal.

I love Verm and all. He's a great guy. but I find this pretty meh, honesty.
But it's none of my bussiness.​
Appreciate it, Zig. Whatever the case may be, I'm just grateful for the thoughts and consideration of my fellow Dorfs. :colorful:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Well said, sir, and thank you as always. My primary worry is just it being perceived as preferential, you know? Sort of a "why this guy and not the other" sort of deal.
I understand the sentiment and that's part of my hesitance with the whole situation as well. And even though I know for a fact (an unfortunate but inexorable fact) that certain members of the community simply are seen as more important or more influential, I can understand why one would not want one's name attached to a blatant endorsement of said fact.

To be honest, it doesn't look like it's going to happen anyway, with everything being so complicated and with the reality of the situation closing in; I just think people really, really want to play with you, haha.

Now, I did consider what it would take to try and expand this offered help to the greater problem of people feeling left out of the community as they do not have access to a Wii U, and the main things keeping it from happening are 1) funds per giver vs. cost per recipient, 2) giver preference/control, and 3) boundaries quickly expanding further and further to try and include every person who's ever wanted a Wii U. From a logistics standpoint, there's just no way to do this fairly without one rich guy who really cares about the Sm4sh Ganondorf sub-sub-sub-community who is willing and able to launch Wii U's out of a platinum plated, diamond encrusted catapult at a moment's notice.

Last edited:

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
I'll totally throw $10-20 towards financing the pursuit of greater evil. Let me know when this gets rolling.

Top Bottom