• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Doubles Potential.

RESET Vao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RESET_Imp
Doubles are alot different than singles, some would say that they require more strategy than 1vs1, others would say they're a cluster**** of c-stick mashing idiots. I am a doubles player and I would say that doubles is a combination of strategy and cluster****.

There are a few genres of doubles strategy, I made a thread about this on BFC, prompting members to answer whether they liked to be the offensive player, the stock tank/defense, the (projectile) spammer or the assistant in a doubles game. I will now begin to summarise Ganondorf's options for each of those playstyles for when it comes to doubles. You'll probably be pleasantly surprised.

Note: This is a ****ty write up and with a bit of contribution, Ganon boards can help me improve this.

The Offense

The area where Ganon truly shines, if you've ever played a Free For All match as Ganondorf, you'll understand that on a crowded screen you can perform a random attack and the odds are it'll connect with someone. Ganon's main weakness is projectile abuse and Projectiles are totally nerfed in doubles, this makes him better at approaching. Ganon's offensive game in doubles is quite good, depending on if you're fighting Meta Knight or not, what's sad is that Meta Knight is very common in doubles, even more so than in singles. The odds are you'll combine this with defense or assist.

The Defense

AKA the stock tanker. Ganon is not the best stock tanker, but he's got his advantages over the others. Unlike Solid Snake, Ganon's game does not get in the way of anyone, you can easily keep on your defense and hitting anyone who comes near you with a powerful move. Another boost is that if you're playing The Anubis Strategy, it's all too easy to get a Lucario to about 50-60% to start him off. Just give him a couple of D-Airs.

The Marksman

Ganon has no projectile. Rofl. What Ganon can do, however is Wizkick Cancels at the right time or create a cluster of hitboxes to overwhelm your opponents. I would call that Assist or Offense.

The Assistant

Ganon's uses as an assisant are limited but they can be creative. Flame choke can start of over nine thousand team combos and if your team mate grabs someone, a warlock punch will finish them (both) off. If your team mate has set someone up for the gimp, come out of nowhere with a Wizkick cancel aerial for the kill, or if you're super smug, do a side B or Wizkick edgehog.​

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
I've never really considered doubles tactics. I play doubles like a ffa.

But I rekon a team-mate like falco would be awesome for ganondorf. The best team definitely has to be 2 ganondorfs though. That's the only team i'll ever play in. Need double the power.

RESET Vao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RESET_Imp
Double Ganon is awesome, but I hate that white thing that appears when you wear the same costume.

RESET Vao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RESET_Imp
Michelin Combo? Can you do that on any character with a Wario as your partner?

I'm not too sure how it works, funny as hell though.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I think Michelin combo is only guaranteed with Ganon because Gerudo forces the opponent to the ground with Ganon having frame advantage, and the opponent has to be in the ground to make the Tire force them a normal get-up which is obviously a free charged Fsmash. Gerudo can also set-up jab or Laser locks to the partner.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Gerudo to arrow/jab of some characters can also force a get up and a new Gerudo.
Too bad those things are not very likely to happen. =/

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
Peach has the damage racking/set-up capabilities for Ganon's brawn to shine through.
The biggest issue IMO would be that they both lack speed, and if separated, that could be a problem.

At low % (and low opponent interference)
Gerudo > Floated Dair > Floated Dair > Uair > Utilt > follow-up

Just a fictional combination in my head. Haha.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Team Tire locking is pretty easy, just have Wario throw a tire at them when you Gerudo them. Getting a gerudo in a 2v1 isn't that hard unless they try to air camp both of us.

Breezy

Smash Ace
My favorite partner is Kirby. They have so many ******** combos

Ganon Kirby

Dthrow Dair Dthrow Dair Fsmash

Gerudo Jab lock Whatever you like

Dthrow Aerudo Jab lock

Fthrow Uair Stomp Jablock

Stomp Dair Dthrow Dair Fsmash

The list goes on and on. They can even Dthrow chaingrab people. It's too good.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Gerudo is the best Jablock set up in this game, IMO.
Ye, I think so, too.

There have been times when both I and Tonsana(MK) had like 150% damage, while the single remaining player of the opposing team just respawned with his scary 0%.

Gerudo -> 0-death.

Feels sooo good.

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
Also if your partner grab someone he can throw him into Ganons Utilt. Pretty ****...

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Yeah, Ganon ***** in 2 vs. 1 lol.
But actually getting that is a lot harder then it seems.
This was in my very early Ganon days..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPQwYK6NmQ4
I honestly don't like how I played there, but its the only material of our team I have.
Wow, the ending of that match is delicious, Doomfire.

Additional comment:
Volcanic Doomfire isn't nearly as badazz as Great Maju Garzett.
Do you run a Burn Deck, or?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I runned Morphtronic and Batteryman.
Only went to one tournament, placed like 100st of like 300, wich was pretty cool, as I was like 6 years younger then like the rest of the people there o.o
I defeated 2 kids of around my age tough.

But Yu-gi-oh GX teached me English, and so many more things, and I always liked some of the names in there, like Doomfire. I stopped after the first season of 5Ds and started to go to brawl tournaments instead.

ItemfinderDeluxe

Smash Cadet
Batterymen are pro if done well, but I can't say the same for Morphtronics "coughDEFORMERScough".

I'd have thought Ganon would team up well with Diddy. Diddy can drop bananas at times for Ganon to catch and use, rather then trying to get Wario's bike destroyed. Also, Diddy can pressure well with Dash attacks, Peanuts and Diddy Flip, giving Ganon the time to set himself in a KO position.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I runned Morphtronic and Batteryman.
Only went to one tournament, placed like 100st of like 300, wich was pretty cool, as I was like 6 years younger then like the rest of the people there o.o
I defeated 2 kids of around my age tough.

But Yu-gi-oh GX teached me English, and so many more things, and I always liked some of the names in there, like Doomfire. I stopped after the first season of 5Ds and started to go to brawl tournaments instead.
I'll reply to this in the social thread.

Conspiricy

Smash Journeyman
Roses are red, Violets are blue, I'm online, Brawl
Just opinions.

Surely it all depends on you and your partners playstyle?

If you play a very good defensive game, then surely you need a quick partner char to get out to allow you to be most offective. Forcing The opponent to enter your comfort zone of murder and ****. Sonic/CF/Squirtle/pikachu(?)/MK/Marth/TL(?) and Mario would be suitable I belive.

If you're a very offensive Ganon, then a slower char could be used, possibly with a projectile to rack damage while staying out of the way of your attacks. Chars like Wolf/falco/link/kirby/D3/Lucario/MK(again xD) and Weegee Seem like a good idea to me for that.

If you and your partner enjoy keeping either side of the stage, thena heavy hitter would be good, *coughSNAEYKcough* but Bowser/MK(Once again)/charizard(?)/Ike/DK and The Earthbound Bros. would all be good...I think.

But yeah, Ganon is the last thing you want to be facing when it's 2 on 1. gerudo becomes the most dangerous thing in the game, and ganon's epic powah becomes even more fun.

Gerudo>SHORYUKEN! = best way to end a match ever.

Top Bottom