• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf: a CF clone again?

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
His move are kinda the same but diffrent. his foward be is like kouma's from melty blood
he does the rising uppercut then grabs the enemy then blows them up. his up tilt a is the same
except it sucks people in. his FS in like Nero's also from melty blood. he turn into ganon and
lunges forward, its very powerful. there are vids on youtube try typing ganon training mode

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
I just can't believe they would give R.O.B. a completely original moveset, and STILL make Ganondorf a clone. I really want an explanation for this. Hopefully when they update Ganondorf on the website, they give a good reason (probably not).

Stryks

Smash Hero
His FS kinda dissapoints me,, but its gonna be very useful in 4 player matches, also his new warlock punch looks better, and his side b now grabs, awesome...

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Ganondorf was the MOST deserving for an original moveset.
Toon Link I can understand as a clone. It's still link.
Falco and Wolf I can understand. Similar, but altered ways to use their moves and technology. Wolf Landmaster still angers me though.
Lucas I can understand because he's so similar to Ness to begin with.
GANONDORF, however, has no business keeping the exact same moves. They at least altered some of the other "clones" to be Luigified. Ganondorf was not, yet he was the most deserving of all. This is a complete outrage.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
welll he was kinda luigified,, but i have to admit that he is tthe less decloned of the whole bunch.

Ok, ill be positive on him tho....

his warlock punch now looks very sexy... i like it.... In melee even some good players managed to mindgame this move, Now with a slower pace in gameplay, and a rise in speed of the warlock punch..... i se this move being oftenly used by pros to kick ***...and the animation rocks.

his forwardB is kind of different... maybe it will have better uses.
I dont liked his warlock kick and i still dont..... IMO he needed a new move here. I know this move is devastating but i dont like it anyways.
His up air...well is almost the same... he will have the same problem when dealing with edguarders like marth and Ike..... unless the new sweespots mechanics helps him.

Overall i find him kind of interestng..... marth is my main but ill try ganon this time to see what he have got,

vull45

Smash Apprentice
Falco and Wolf I can understand. Similar, but altered ways to use their moves and technology. Wolf Landmaster still angers me though.
GANONDORF, however, has no business keeping the exact same moves. They at least altered some of the other "clones" to be Luigified. Ganondorf was not, yet he was the most deserving of all. This is a complete outrage.
I think that's very true he is the only character that plays like someone else but is totally unrelated to that person. I would like to see how he would play if the devlopers modeld him after the actual zelda games

SS2000

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf still being a clone with no new moves(particularly B moves) is my one and only disappointment about Brawl...
In Melee it was so obvious Ganondorf was meant to use that older sword he was known for but due to the rush they made him a clone of captain Falcon(I guess his special moves were the ones they thought could best "suit" Ganondorf with no time to make original ones, though they're completely out of character for him). If that mistake has forever condemned him to be only a Falcon clone with moves that just aren't anything a fan of him would expect from the games he was in, I would have rather he not made the cut last time.
Some would just like him to keep his old moves since they're used to them now, while many would have liked him to have original moves based on what he actually did in the games he has been in. There are plenty of ways they could have pleased both sides. Some ideas like him having two move sets could have probably worked best. He could start out with no sword as his ol' cloned self and have some means of changing. Perhaps the sacrafice of one B move to replace with down B to pull out his sword(I'd go for Warlock punch(Wizard's Foot could just be made normal B) since it's the most glaring copy from Falcon and mostly useless, but if it had to stay it could be his normal B for when he has the sword). And with the sword he could have original B moves that suit him(there are so many cool, original moves he could have had...). It's funny that they used TP Ganondorf who had that one cool sword every time he appeared from the moment it was used on him when he first appeared but there's absolutely no sign of it in Brawl(each time I look at him now it feels like something's missing).

his forwardB is kind of different... maybe it will have better uses.
I'm afraid it actually looks less useful... now that he grabs them it might not be able to hit multiple opponents, and it might not be able to juggle as well. Unless he has invincibility frames as he holds them that move looks to be a lot less useful now.

Zevox

Smash Lord
My thoughts exactly. For some reason, Falco, Wolf, and Lucas all got Luigified, and Luigi himself was even changed up a bit to be further different from Mario; yet Ganondorf, the King of Evil, the great villain of one of Nintendo's top three series, who has at least two major things going for him he could have a completely unique move set made out of (swordsmanship and dark magic) or could have combined into an even more unique move set, got nothing. Zip. Zilch. No significant alterations from his Captain Falcon clone roots whatsoever.

That just makes no sense no matter how you look at it. They could at bare minimum have Luigified him - change a couple of his specials to magic attacks, like the energy balls he used in Ocarina of Time, or a wave of dark energy similar to R.O.B.'s final smash, and alter his normal moves so they no longer look like they come from someone much more acrobatic than he is - but all they did was give him an appropriate final smash. Its the single biggest disappointment in the game, at least from where I'm sitting.

Zevox

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
Dev Team: Sir, we have enough money and time to
a. Add geno and ridley
b. Give ganon and toon link new movesets
or
c. add 500 more stickers

Sakurai: I DEMAND MORE STICKERS SWINE!!!

Shuma

Smash Hero
*points to sig*

Also, Still, Ganondorf looks godly. So whatever.

Drake3

Smash Ace
The fact that they kept him as a clone is my only roster-related disappointment. I like, and can agree, with their selections for Brawl, but this is just unacceptable.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
So.....

B move - Same move, new animation
B+up move - Same move, new uppercut if it doesn't grab
B+side - Grabs throat instead of uppercuts
B+down - Same ****
Final Smash - Extremely powerful....but lasts three seconds...

This is pathetic. The guys at Nintendo just had to **** something up, eh?

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
hopefully his grabs and throws are cooler...im mainly hopin u can still chaingrab well with at least one of his throws

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
All I want is a reason from Sakurai as to WHY he couldn't or didn't fix Ganondorf's moveset. I'll be satisfied if I can hear his reason from his own words.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. He's main Antagonist for the Zelda series, the Zelda series which is really popular.

As the main villain of the Zelda series, he deserves his own moveset.

Dev Team: Sir, we have enough money and time to
a. Add geno and ridley
b. Give ganon and toon link new movesets
or
c. add 500 more stickers

Sakurai: I DEMAND MORE STICKERS SWINE!!!
I lol'd.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
So.....

B move - Same move, new animation
B+up move - Same move, new uppercut if it doesn't grab
B+side - Grabs throat instead of uppercuts
B+down - Same ****
Final Smash - Extremely powerful....but lasts three seconds...

This is pathetic. The guys at Nintendo just had to **** something up, eh?
Actually, his Down B is a bit different. Captain Falcon's Down B slides along the ground, whereas if you look at Ganondorf's he's actually like a foot or two off the ground while kicking.

It reminds me of Sagat's Tiger Raid.

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
@Nobie: Thats what i though too.

I'm liking the idea of using his side special as an edgegaurd. If it does spike themstraight down out of it, like it looks like it does.

Zevox

Smash Lord
He probably didn't change Ganondorf too heavily to be nice to the Ganon mainers.
...and yet had no problem making significant changes to Falco? Not to mention other changes to Mario (FLUDD), Marth (Shield Breaker is a thrust now rather than a slash), and the complete removal of Mewtwo? Doesn't make sense if you ask me.

Zevox

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thats one serious kick to the balls, i mean seriously why have his sword for a taunt.. AND TO ****ING SLASH THINGS WITH!!?? >.<

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
All I can say... if he's a clone...

It would confirm for me that they havn't put in any more effort than they did in Melee. He was a clone in Melee by ACCIDENT, or rather, due to time constraints. They don't have that this time. Argh >.<
Yeah, once it was confirmed that Ridley wasn't in, I knew that their was little emphasis put on the roster. People were talking about Falco, Ganondorf, Toon Link all having original moveset, but...just as I predicted, not so. All veterans are virtually (for all intensive purposes) unchanged. New clones have been added, and there are only a handful of new original characters.

I'm over it, but it is a little sad. Anyway, knowing I was right about the rest of the roster being lackluster puts me at ease a little bit, knowing that Ridley was once again neglected. (Although, they may as well have added him and 4 other clones and had a roster of 40 with clones...)

He probably didn't change Ganondorf too heavily to be nice to the Ganon mainers.
They could have added Black Shadow or some other F-Zero character, and made him have the Falcon clone moveset. Ganondorf has no business having a similar moveset to Falcon. For the old Dorf mainers, they could have just used a different character with the same moveset...

Zevox

Smash Lord
Yeah, once it was confirmed that Ridley wasn't in, I knew that their was little emphasis put on the roster. People were talking about Falco, Ganondorf, Toon Link all having original moveset, but...just as I predicted, not so. All veterans are virtually (for all intensive purposes) unchanged. New clones have been added, and there are only a handful of new original characters.
You do realize you're greatly exaggerating, right? As veterans go, only Ganondorf and (if you consider him a veteran) Toon Link are essentially unchanged clones. Falco was Luigified, with numerous different standard moves and changes to his blaster and reflector. As newcomers go, only Lucas and Wolf are clone-ish, and both of them are heavily Luigified. Everyone else of the 14 newcomers (17 if you count ZSS and PT's two other Pokèmon) is completely unique, with no more move overlap than any of the previous non-clones. Thats quite a lot of new and completely original characters - Pit, Wario, Ike, ZSS, Charizard/Ivysaur/Squirtle, Diddy, Meta Knight, Snake, Sonic, Dedede, Olimar, Lucario, and R.O.B.

Yes, its absolutely disappointing that we have two true clones, worse that Ganondorf is one of them, and the Luigified clones could have been done better. But really, saying we have only a handful of new original characters is just not true. Most of them are on the starting roster, but we do have quite a lot of them.

Zevox

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Ganon should had at least the sword added to his aerials to make up for the lag by adding more range. Know what i mean?

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
ya he\'s a clone it\'s dissapointing he\'s the lord of all evil he really should have his own move set they had a lot of time to think up one so all and all pretty dissapointing.

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
They gave slightly different animations for some moves. They should have done that for every single move, so that the attacks resembled original ganon attacks (with maybe 1 or 2 original moves thrown in, like a projectile). For example, I would have made his neutral b him automatically charging a huge ball above his head (a la OOT, phantom ganon in wind waker), then slamming it in front of the ground where his warlock punch would hit, his up B with a twilight teleport (that grabbed when in range), changed all his kicks to sword slashes, changed all his punches to stabs, and given him throws that while looking completely different, had the exact same effect. Thus, we get the best of both worlds - a character that plays similarly to the previous game, with completely unique, character based moves. Similarities could be drawn between captain falcon, but they played completely differently in melee, and now they'd look different.

Ahh, hindsight.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
They gave slightly different animations for some moves. They should have done that for every single move, so that the attacks resembled original ganon attacks (with maybe 1 or 2 original moves thrown in, like a projectile). For example, I would have made his neutral b him automatically charging a huge ball above his head (a la OOT, phantom ganon in wind waker), then slamming it in front of the ground where his warlock punch would hit, his up B with a twilight teleport (that grabbed when in range), changed all his kicks to sword slashes, changed all his punches to stabs, and given him throws that while looking completely different, had the exact same effect. Thus, we get the best of both worlds - a character that plays similarly to the previous game, with completely unique, character based moves. Similarities could be drawn between captain falcon, but they played completely differently in melee, and now they'd look different.

Ahh, hindsight.
Now *that's* an idea.

Edit: but I doubt it's that simple or they would have done it.

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Now *that's* an idea.

Edit: but I doubt it's that simple or they would have done it.
I'll have a go myself now (with a 2 sword moveset, otherwise his range would increase too much) (All moves have the same effect as their melee equivalents, except for B> on ground and a very slight bonus with the Bv)(I'm basing these of OOT and wind waker, I haven't played twilight princess)

Special moves:

B: Charges a huge ball above his head, then slams it in front of him.
B>: On ground: Fires an energy ball (a la OOT), In Air: Flies foward with energy ball
B^: Twilight teleport, reforms and grabs and throws enemy if in way
Bv: Causes an earthquake, then flies foward, sword outstretched. In air: Flies towards the ground in a downward corkscrew with swords, small quake when he hits the ground

Ground normal moves

A: Keep the jab
A>: Slashes both swords foward at once
A^: Holds both swords above head as they charge up, then slams them on the ground
Av: Stabs with one sword, slashes with the other while crouching.
Smash A>: A stab
Smash A^: Spins both swords in place,
Smash Av: Stabs downward, then slashes behind him.

Aerials:
A: Slashes foward twice, once with each sword
A>: Pulls swords behind head, then slams swords down wards in a foward arc with both swords
A^: Curls into a ball, and spins with swords outstretched
A<: Stabs behind himself
Av: Raises swords above head, then spins vertically

Final Smash: Same as what the developers came up with for brawl (of course).

I don't remember his throws, but he could do some brutal stab throws or stuff like that. The only thing that needs to be the same is the trajectory, damage and animation length.

And thus, you keep both ssbm ganondorf mainers and zelda series purists happy.

vull45

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they reason they changed his looks and thats enough or lazy.

Should be a Ganon in Smash. you know his pig form

triforceswordmaster

Smash Apprentice
i honestly don't mind that hes still a clone that much. i'm grateful that at least hes been luigified, looks cool, and has a nice FS. sword ganondorf would rock though...

Top Bottom