• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon vs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA
Falco has an advantage against ganon cause of his shine combos and camping.

Also, why does y link lose to ganon? I don't know if anyone has said anything, but y link kills ganon. the only thing ganon has is his shffled airs that link can't shieldgrab safely. But seriously, y link kills ganon. I know ganon mains don't want to hear that.

And with the fox counterpicks, and stage that doesn't have an edge that can be sweetspotted.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Can you add more to the Samus part!
I want to add Ganon to my Samus stage selection(Check sig for more info!)
Thanks!

Redragon

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Should have resurrected it with something to add. This thread was nice but you can see how old the meta game was on the first page. This was one of two list. I had my own thought's on the guide I had up and still think it's pretty accurate minus the IC's being at a medium advantage.

Advantage (for Ganon)
Bowser..medium/big..
Mewtwo..medium/big..
Kirby..medium/big..
Pichu..medium/big..
Zelda..medium/big..
Y.Link..medium..
Pikachu..medium..
G&W..medium..
Yoshi..medium..
Luigi..medium/small..
Ness..medium/small..
Roy..medium/small..
DK..medium/small..
Mario..medium/small..
Dr.Mario..medium/small..
Ice climbers..medium/small..
Link..medium/small..
Jigglypuff..small..
Samus..small..

Null (even or highly stage dependant)
Ganon
Peach
Marth

Disadvantage (against Ganon)
Sheik..medium/big..
Fox..medium/big..
Falco..medium/big..
C.Falcon..medium/big..

Vanz though had me rethinking Jiggs after playing a few games with him but I got some tricks for him next time I play him. If they don't work then Jiggs might have a slight advantage but we all know that **** ain't happening.

-I know you're reading this Vanz, better practice :uzi:

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Lol, link used to be a disadvantage for you, Tipman? :laugh:
Haha, not at all man. I posted this thread a little less than a year when I jumped in the competitive scene. People argued with my list since I was new so I had one I kept in my guide and the other (this one) was shaped by the community at the time. The list I posted is almost the same as it was back then but I thought ICs were good cause of the infinite till I played few and ****ted on Nana. The first post is the product the new guy listening to old skeptics.

Nah Guini. I played a few good Links. Best I played was some guy at Smash Aids (I forgot his name). It's tough but you end up just beasting once you catch on to some of the gimmicks. In the end you have a chain grab and more power+range.

Linguini

Smash Master
Haha, not at all man. I posted this thread a little less than a year when I jumped in the competitive scene. People argued with my list since I was new so I had one I kept in my guide and the other (this one) was shaped by the community at the time. The list I posted is almost the same as it was back then but I thought ICs were good cause of the infinite till I played few and ****ted on Nana. The first post is the product the new guy listening to old skeptics.

Nah Guini. I played a few good Links. Best I played was some guy at Smash Aids (I forgot his name). It's tough but you end up just beasting once you catch on to some of the gimmicks. In the end you have a chain grab and more power+range.
Play Azen's link then talk to me.I was beating him by cging the **** out of him but he kept it close by using the bair in smart ways and taking advantage of the easy edguards. Im not saying it's not in ganons advantage, just that its no where near unwinnable for link. If anything I know the gimmicks all too well,my training partner used to main link.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Spider you already know. Hit up NY. Who's Ganon have you been beating that makes you wanna give me $3?

Guini I believe you. The guy I had played two stocked me a few times before I started beasting him. Chu has spanked me with young link on teams so I'm not sleeping on him. Did you play Germ? I always wanted to play him since Linkology came out five years or so ago.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Ah, I see haha. Good times.

When you coming back to FL? I only met you once, and that was at LTEC2 when you MM'd Chadddddd.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Ah, I see haha. Good times.

When you coming back to FL? I only met you once, and that was at LTEC2 when you MM'd Chadddddd.
I was at FL this month. Maybe before the end of the year. I played Chaddd when I stopped playing. I left such an ugly impression. I hope I can play him again now that I'm familiarizing myself with the game.

I remember I was skateboarding most the day of that tourney. Busted my a$$ in front of some good looking b!tches and tried hard to play it off, lol. Last time I saw GAWes was that tourney.

So is there anyone serious about bringing this thread back? I could repost it but only if people wanna add to it. There's a vid thread, combo thread, general discuss thread and we can make the character match up thread. I wouldn't mind updating as long as the community is willing to work with me.

Spider you talking about platform drop bair's? If so try that with double uairs at the end. That works wonders on C.Falcon, Ganon and spacies at low-mid/mid-high percents.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
While I'm certainly nowhere close to being a great ganon, I've been trying a whole bunch of new stuff lately (new CP stages, strats, etc) and trying to make my game smoother overall. Anyway, I don't know how helpful I'd be, but I'd contribute what I can at the very least.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I never money matched Tipman. We did play a lot of games though.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Nah, we didn't. We should though next time we meet. $10 3/5 Ganon ditto. By the way, where do you stay at Chaddd?

Ulti I seen you play you know what you're doing. They're a lot more experienced Ganon mains now a days.

Before I make the new thread later on today, anyone have any format ideas? I was thinking about just updating the first page then on the second post having a more in depth description of the match of certain character. Maybe some vid links of great examples on how certain strats effect the match up.

...POST1...
ganon vs. statistics
...POST2...
in depth community analysis with video examples

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom