• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon vs Cloud Matchup

VenomCB

Smash Cadet
Hello fellow Ganon mains, I have a question for you.

What can you do against Cloud?

I'm participating in the Cloud vs Ganon Discord crew battle that is happening tomorrow. I have a general idea on what to do against Cloud, and he doesn't give me that much trouble normally, but still. What things do you guys do against him or what things should I look out for in this match-up?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Stay within a safe zone from his aerial pressure game. Use safe moves out of shields and capitalize punishes. Try going for offstage gimps when you could.

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
If you didn't read it, M2K did talk about how to use capitalize on his poor recovery. Bottom line is, jump offstage and space yourself so that a DJ>Uair hits him, but nothing from him can hit you. From there it is just a mix-up game about when you'll attack, he has to air-dodge at that exact moment, as otherwise one just reacts to the airdodge and punishes him, because of that. A similar concept can be applied to other characters, as well

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Stay in shield all day, if he down throws you at low percent just go down and shield. If he limit side Bs spotdodge the last hit. Nair/Uair/Dair him offstage, try to get his limit recovery as well because it's easy to avoid and it's not invincible.

Uair and Bair out of shield and respect that he ALWAYS HAS FRAME ADVANTAGE

one of our worst MUs IMO

Top Bottom