• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon style of play wit teams and singles

Eager

Smash Rookie
Who is your partner in teams? Ganon is better in singles due to his specific capabilities, but you shouldn't have any problem playing teams if you have a good balance. Try teaming with a spacie to help save you from situations in which you can be easily punished. I saw someone on this forum say that Doc/Ganon is a good team. Whatever you do, look for balance and ways to attack without being punished.
Another tip might be to get your partner to pressure your opponents into ganon's grab range. A upthrow or dthrow to dair will tack on a quick 30% -- you don't have to worry about the follow up/combo since its in teams.
If that doesn't work practice
If that doesn't work experiment with more different team matchups.
Practice a secondary regardless.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
I think with teams, it's simply knowing your role. Are you an offensive or defensive player, the dps, finisher, stock holder ect. I personally team up with a mario, he takes care of ff for me n I'm on floaty patrol for him. But given that Link can be harder to edgeguard then most, I know I have to play smart and hold stock while being his offensive support. He combos very well, so he always has the first approach

In the end, I think it really comes down to good chemistry between u2, he has know what he can n can't do n wat u can n can't and vice versa. U don't wanna step on each others toes, but u can't leave opening for ur opponents to take advantage of ur confusion

voorhese

Smash Master
ganon is much better in teams than in singles, are you kidding me?

ganon has so much more room for error in teams, and not just error but he can get away with being a FAT ***

ur main goal is to get the kills, and mainly support your partner, you think rushing in during singles is bad, try running into a 2v1 lol

also just teams in general is a different game, try splitting up the field with ur partner, and if you venture onto your partners side, make it for a good reason (protecting the edge for him, saving him from chain grabs/tech chases, finishing your combos (only if they are obvious that you can better than your partner, like if he is busy, or just to far away)) never try to finish your partners combos if he is in the position to do so, but if you are able to and he is not YOU ARE GANON 1 fair is a good combo finisher (whether it be a kill, or just gets them off stage so u can 2v1 the other guy) 2v1 combos are better than 1v1 combos, watch mango and lucky team, it goes like this bair->bair->bair->etc. which would be impossible by yourself)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i have a teammate that likes to fight 2 v 1 as fox. and he's actually really good at it. stock tank/sniper ganon is SO good.

edit: ganon in a situation where you're trying to do two separate 1v1's will not work well though, in my opinion. he needs a full stage to fight 1v1 effectively, especially if you don't wanna hit your teammate.

ShinerCCC

Smash Cadet
I think Ganon rules in teams and functions a lot better.
- You can use your down-B recovery fully for distance so you can be a stock tank. Your partner can come rescue you, or at the very least, you eat up time while one guy edgeguards you
- powerful, powerful moves to punish unwary players. If your teammate has good shield pressure capabilities the other team is in trouble. I like teaming with Fox or Falco and I stay behind him while he attacks the other team, applying pressure until they crack so I can get in there for insane damage (if they don't crack, then I jump in anyway to be the camelbreaker straw)
- Ganon can get away with so many things. You can jump around throwing out aerials to hog space
- Ganon is actually pretty good at team combos. nair will combo (or teammate save) at pretty much any percent, bair usually combos at a lot of percents, fair can combo at low percents but is often a great finisher. Bthrow sets up a combo for a teammate (watch how SS and Tang use bthrow)

I think Ganon's pretty lame in singles compared to this, where I can't get any combos, or pressure anyone, or give myself any space, or safely recover onto the edge...

Ganon's main drawback in teams is lack of ability to save his teammate. To save Fox get him to Firefox at a 45 degree angle, then stomp him using your head just as the fire runs out - Fox will meteor cancel easily.

Top Bottom