• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon Music

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Character specific? Yes, so don't give me **** for this.

What is everyone's opinion on music that suits Ganon in videos of him. I personally think that some light chill out rap, such as Jedi Mind Tricks is good. I've also heard a song called Going On(AC vers) by S.S.H. which I thought would be perfect, it's relaxing yet at the same time gets you pumped. Nice improvisational jazz, would also be pretty good I believe.

The reason behind some of the softer music being good for Ganon, at least my reason, is that whenever I picture good people playing Ganon, I see them as calm and relaxed, and I think the music should try to accentuate that. But at the same time, Ganon himself is owning and needs a strong yet not overpowering beat.

What I think don't think fits Ganon is country, most metal, or anything really really fast paced.

I'm personally tired of **** appearing in videos that is
A. Linkn Park
B. Death Metal (I don't hate death metal, I just don't think it suits music videos well)
C. Hardcore fast paced techno (Once again, I don't hate this genre, it's just a fox thing, not Ganon)

Anyone else care to share their thoughts?

yinn_skitchy

Smash Cadet
i think you really care too much :/
tbh a lot of smash combo videos have really bad quality i kinda gave up on watching them

they just don't compare to a good cs movie :o

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Agreed, you can just turn the speakers off. But the music can greatly enhance the experience if selected correctly.

Illos

Smash Apprentice
Vinne Paz' Voice in conjunction with Ganon combos is fairly entertaining.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
Ganon is the most bad *** vicious characters in the game so you have to have bad *** vicious music for his videos. i personally hate music where its just screaming and whatnot but thats what suits Ganon best.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
pipe organs...simple as that.....anything with fast paced pipe organs works perfectly...

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
Light chill-out rap is for Jigglypuffs. (see: Rollout) ;) :p

Ganon needs something that pounds subwoofers. Heavy rap, somethin gangsta would be my first instinct. And I was suprised to see how well Dragonforce worked for Renth, so speed metal like that is an option I guess.

I was thinking it would be cool for a Ganon vid to go to "Hold Ya Head" by Biggie ft. Bob Marley. Real heavy stuff with a few, short lighter intermissions to split it up. Awesome creative editing opportunities much?

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
Ever hear of Doom Metal anyone? Black Sabbath (the song) is the prototype for the whole genre. It's slow, crushing and powerful. Like good ol' Ganondorf. Emperor is also great. And Viking Metal like Slechtvalk. Check out Slechtvalk on myspace.

Kada

Smash Journeyman
The way I see it, the best music for Ganon is any really heavy metal. Something with a screaming singer, some crazy thrash drums, and a really crushing guitar riff. As I Lay Dying, Job for a Cowboy, Lamb of God, Trivium, Pantera, something like that. Ganon is basically a monster, who can kill people in half a dozen hits, and the music really suits his whole playstyle. Chaddddd (Is it five Ds? <_<) got it right when he had his Ganon stomping someone with Lamb of God playing in the background. That's exactly how I see Ganon music.

I can also see your opinion when you say that chilling music can be good too. Although Ganon himself is a beast, the people who play him are generally very calm. Lots of smooth wavelands and stuff. It's all about using his crazy power smartly, and accurately.

So basically, Ganon himself deserves the heaviest metal you can find, but the players might fit better to some more chilling music. Also, 'Going On' is a great song. There are two version though, a more electronic one, and an acoustic version. Which one were you thinking of?

DippnDots

Feral Youth
The acoustic version ;)

...do you happen to know where I can get mechadragon? It's by far my favorite SSH song and I have looked through torrents and their site and been unable to find it :(

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
ewww...I heard (blow)job for a cowboy! Lamb of God is ok for ganondorf. Black Label Society for metal and CKY for chillout music.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
whatever floats your boat really, personally i like rap and rock for ganon but i will change it up sometimes with some techno.

Top Bottom