• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon... How to Make Him NUMBER 1!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWinToLose

Smash Apprentice
Let's be honest here, we all know that our favorite King of Evil is... a bit lacking in combat ability compared to chimpanzees, a woman in drag, various rodents, plumbers, an obese CEO, robots, furries, a lady with a taser, a poser, mutant animals, people with sharp pointy objects, children, princesses, puff balls, turtles, and well, pretty much everything except for doctors...

HOWEVER! What would it take to make Ganon, the King of Evil, NUMBER 1?!?!?

My proposals:

Dash = Captain Falcon's
Captain Falcon's Dash Grab animation
Wario's Air Mobility
Cut all move frame activation time in HALF (except throws, those need to be balanced at 6 frames and 8 for dash/pivot)
Less Lag on DThrow
Autocancel all aerials off of SH
uAir is a frame trap in the air
Warlock Punch makes him INVINCIBLE (and is twice as fast due to the earlier clause)
DTilt = 4 frames and combos into... at least 3 different kill options
Up B makes him Vanish with a hit box that can kill and reappear with a hitbox and wind box from the bottom of the screen to the ledge
Side B does not force him to enter free fall and can be used as an additional 'jump' and a better edge guard option that doesn't entail suicide if missed and not towards a ledge

Unfortunately, despite these things that the King of Evil should've had to begin with, I think he would still struggle vs Chimps and Ninjas.

What do you guys think? What would be a reasonable buff to this character to make him viable? I certainly would love to see more character diversity and with how awesome Ganon is, he deserves something more than a 2% boost!

Last edited:

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
All Ganon needs to be good is an overall buff to speed, whether it is ground, air, startup, or endlag.

Another option, which won't be the case, is to give Ganon a sword/swords to increase his range greatly. Also, his magic he uses in games is pretty cool. If he had his magic, his swords, and his current strength, I'd probably never need to play any other character.

EDIT: Oh, and like @ Z1GMA Z1GMA said, Ganon players don't want him to be broken. I main Sheik, but Ganon is one of my secondaries. Broken characters are really no fun.

Last edited:

IWinToLose

Smash Apprentice
Ok, but seriously, at least the SideB proposal would be legit :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom