• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon controller layout

DAKMASTER

Smash Apprentice
this goes out to all the rpos.

what controller setup do you reccomend for ganon? for someone who looks to thunderstorm... a lot:)

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
my controller setting is pretty much default, with only a couple exceptions:

Tap jump OFF.
X and B are special.
...and i use Y to jump exclusively.

the reason i added X as a second special button is so that i can instantly do aerial Down and Side specials by sliding my thumb from Y to X, while holding a direction on the control stick. very cool stuff.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
Using the wiimote+nunchuk I go

Tap Jump: off
Shake Smash: off
I have up, left, and right mapped for smash attacks on the D-Pad
I have down as grab because the A+B thing just doesnt work consistently

Of course, I am one of the wierd few who use that...

DAKMASTER

Smash Apprentice
Darkspidey I would like to see some of your videos if you have any so I can see your transitions using your special buttons.

sounds interesting, but couldnt you just roll your thumb from a to b and back?

Stalfoe

Smash Apprentice
I have tap jump on, X as grab, c stick for tilts... Just because I man DDD. The tap jump does make thunderstorming much easier though.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Darkspidey I would like to see some of your videos if you have any so I can see your transitions using your special buttons.

sounds interesting, but couldnt you just roll your thumb from a to b and back?
well, the idea is that you can do your specials IMMEDIATELY after you jump, and B is too far away from Y for my thumb to get there quick enough. X is close enough to do the trick, but a lot of times i'll accidentally hit A on the way there. the alternate way of doing it is using your index finger yo jump with Y, and then use your thumb to hit B, which always works for me, i was just looking for a less awkward set up.

this is handy for doing an aerial flame choke essentially from the ground, since the attack is quicker and does more damage than a standing choke. also, doing the wizard's foot a centimeter off the ground is awesome because Ganon essentially just pounds the ground around him, since it's all landing animation.

i'll get some videos up sooner or later.

joenm8r

Smash Cadet
my controller setting is pretty much default, with only a couple exceptions:

Tap jump OFF.
X and B are special.
...and i use Y to jump exclusively.

the reason i added X as a second special button is so that i can instantly do aerial Down and Side specials by sliding my thumb from Y to X, while holding a direction on the control stick. very cool stuff.
I think you'd like my Wiimote & Nunchuk setup. Its close to the cube layout with one minor change.

A = Attack
B = Shield (analogous to the R-trigger on the cube. Shield grabbing works perfectly)
D-pad = Jump (thats right, the whole thing. Analogous to the Y-button.)
Z-trigger = Special ( drastic change that took 5 minutes to get used to. This is especially nice for doing those instant aerial wizard foots that you mention)
C-trigger = Grab (never use it though)

Tap Jump & Shake Smash = OFF

I love this setup and think it should have been the default. Bonus: no ugly stuff hanging outta my console.

Top Bottom