• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gannon HRC

oddgloat

Smash Cadet
Ok, real old question probably, but It's really starting to make me angry. I have the version of smash where the game glitches in HRC at around 4550ft. So I originally gave up on attempting Gannon's WR.

However, while at a friends house we were taking a smashermission and I was showing him my bat-drop prowess, and just messing around I hit it 9100ft (i think it was 286% with upward bat throw --> punch correctly performed). So I got excited....

Long story short, after hours of attempt after attempt I am having trouble getting the last part of it off (upward bat throw --> punch) ...time runs out before I can punch.

The start of the combo is the Usmash to meteor, then bat-drop meteor w/out landing into consecutive bat drops, just like the AJP WR. I fast fall all my meteors and basically get 1 bat drop per second or close to, but somewhere in the mix I'm losing about a quarter second. I am almost positive it is during the very beginning with the Usmash-meteor-bat drop meteor. Any tips on speeding up the beginning? Oh, and I have the NTSC version. I will post a video of this as soon as I get my camcorder fixed.

p.s. Not sure if I posted this in the right place

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Are you charging your U-smash? If you aren't double jumping your Dair, then you have to wait a bit for the sandbag to fall back down. Is that the case? If so, that is where that lost time is, I think. Just mimick what they do in the vids. L-cancel properly on every batdrop

oddgloat

Smash Cadet
Nah, no charged Usmash, It's basically the exact same as the WR in every way but 1/4 second too slow. I suppose it's kinda hard to give advice w/out a vid :/ I'll try to get that up soon. As for the Uair double jump, I single jump it, then do a bat drop combo on the second jump (before touching the ground). That's how some of the people do it, maybe not the right strat for my version?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I have too little patience in HRC, never got it that far :laugh:
I've spent more time practicing the technicals for HRC than for matches. Seems like a waste of time, but it was just a goal to me that I had to reach.

I practiced the bat drop in training mode in slow motion on bowser. Worked like a charm

oddgloat

Smash Cadet
The trials and tribulations of Gannon HRC are not short of frustrating, that's for sure. My recent favorite "screw ups" are:

1. Jab to the right when trying to pick up the bat right at the beginning
2. Upsmash too far away from sandbag sending it out to the right
3. Dash-A to the left, followed by falling off the platform doing a b-air, followed by Up-B (aka **** poor attempt at just picking up the bat)

Also, not getting off the second jump after the first meteor and just dropping the bat from standing.

It may seem pointless to even attempt these, but once you get close to it you'll do it for hours. It is well worth it when you finally get it. For celebrations I suggest a Rick Flair "whoooo!" with a fist pump, or my personal favorite: running around the pool table (which may also be done only when Bowser gets a triple KO in 4 man while riding the magic carpet with a fully charged F-smash).

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
I can do the warlock punch, but I can't get enough BDs in to make it go really far. I had been throwing the bat in front of the bag and warlock punching behind it (the other way), then I realized that I could reverse the directions and punch in front of the bag.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
this thread has been going on for so long without a single gannon ban.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
The trials and tribulations of Gannon HRC are not short of frustrating, that's for sure. My recent favorite "screw ups" are:

1. Jab to the right when trying to pick up the bat right at the beginning
2. Upsmash too far away from sandbag sending it out to the right
3. Dash-A to the left, followed by falling off the platform doing a b-air, followed by Up-B (aka **** poor attempt at just picking up the bat)

Also, not getting off the second jump after the first meteor and just dropping the bat from standing.
Lol, I know exactly what your talking about and I hate when those happen. I also have a problem with doing the reverse bat drop. I sometimes time it late and the bat hits slightly after my Dair, sending the bag flying. So aggravating....

What version of smash are you playing?

this thread has been going on for so long without a single gannon ban.
I read the rules over again and I don't see anything about the HRC being banned for discussion. Correct me if I'm wrong.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
mike, already destroying his hopes and dreams, how could you

you already destroyed mine

XD

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I just can't stand liars, especially when lies are so blatant. Maybe he can fool the stadium newbs out here at SWF, but any stadium player knows that there's no way what he said was true.

PAL strat only works in PAL for a reason - Ganondorf's Dair is weaker in PAL. If you get even 1% extra by accident, and in NTSC you will get like 8% extra, you will go way over the limit. Even if he somehow got a 55% RWP @ 255% with that strat it wouldn't be the world record; it would fall 2 feet short.

oddgloat

Smash Cadet
@Clueless: NTSC, not positive of the exact version though, can't find out where it say.s Also, I remember seeing a SIN HRC vid where he glitched a working version by just doing consecutive bat drops instead of starting with Usmash. Is this possible? And does shorthopping the bat drops really save you that much time? I was able to pull off the WR without shorthopping (too frustrating to relearn it with SH).

Nintendude

Smash Hero
1. If you saw it in one of Sin's videos it is real. It was a BT-up 34% WP @ 270% I think.
2. Short-hop BDs are hardly faster. Their purpose is to intentionally unmax the BDs so you don't go over the limit.

oddgloat

Smash Cadet
Ahhh, I didn't know there was that much more to it. My bro's bringin home his non-glitching version at the end of july so I'll get up a vid (dunno, maybe it is 2 feet short). And I'm not trying to do this for recognition, I originally started this thread asking for help because I couldn't do it, and getting it was a fulfillment of a longstanding claim against my ability to get it by a friend.

Top Bottom