• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming mentality

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=882]Gaming mentality[/drupal]

Brawl.
I browse through the forums and can read about match ups, tournament results, and playing the game in general. I have the mentality to play Brawl, to try out 'combos' and the like. Even right now I have an urge to play Brawl, but every single time I do play it, I get extremely bored within minutes. Anyone else have this mentality where reading about the game has more appeal than playing the game itself?

Melee's different though, I don't get bored for hours, yet I find reading melee threads less entertaining than Brawl threads. :<

Denzi

Smash Master
Not at all. I wouldn't bother reading about the game if I had no desire to play it.dang, I lost.
I do get bored more quickly when there is no one around to play with, but me and my friends could play for hours and not care at all. Brawl is fun.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Im the opposite, I like playing the game and being competitive, yet can't be bothered reading peoples game guides, sometimes. People must be different.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I feel the exact same way, Kevin. I actually do read about Brawl, and find the discussions far more interesting than the game.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I can neither play brawl nor read brawl posts without getting bored. The only time I have fun with Brawl is at tourneys.

I can read Melee stuff and have fun (well as much fun as a person can actually have reading something). And of course, Melee is always fun to play.

Top Bottom