• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming Journalism and Gamergate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy C4

Smash Cadet
Someone has to make a thread. Might as well be me.

What do you think of the last 2 months of this never ending feces storm?

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
I honestly hope the corruption in the gaming journalism industry is dealt with harshly. And the censorship on websites is disgusting. When websites such as TVTropes, Reddit, 4chan and Wikipedia are censoring discussion on the topic and adding almost complete bias, you know things are getting out of hand.

Lord of Boxes

Smash Rookie
wait, aren't threads about controversial topics not allowed? I'm not trying to be a goody-2-shoes or anything, and I am very Pro-gg, But I don't want smashboards, this forum I just joined, to be brought into this mess. If we do get into this mess, Anti-GGers will try and make smash look sexist. we don't want that, right?

although it will be hilarious with thier logic of "WOMEN ARE IN THE GAME AND YOU GET TO BEAT THEM UP SO ITS SEXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!"

Last edited:

Lord Horatio

Smash Apprentice
Gamergate is festering on 4chan, and whatever it was meant to be has now become a torrent of death threats and more online harassment. Of course I'm for journalistic integrity, and I think that a lot of the things many social justice warriors believe are incorrect. but Gamergate has turned into a torrential mob and is doing some pretty heinous things now. I say we keep that crap off this site.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm not really going to get super into things, I'm just going to say I think it's probably safe to say we're a little more civilized than a bunch of crazy people sending out constant death threats, and might just be able to have a normal discussion about it like adults.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm usually ok with topics that can lead to discussion and debate but this topic's a bit iffy. It's especially because there's a lot of facts people are unaware of and that can spiral into worse things. I'm not sure the average SWF member actually knows the ins and out of Gamergate, and I don't want random posts of people not checking all the facts. Even though the topic isn't exactly active (which is also why I don't think the average SWF member knows about Gamergate), I feel like it's best to lock the topic to prevent anything gets bad or out of hand.

tl;dr Gamergate is dumb, and the world is focusing on an accusation that was already proven false yet ignore the facts. Thread is closed only because I'd rather not have the uninformed get things wrong from just a quick look up, and I don't trust people (not just SWF) can have a worthwhile discussion on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom