• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gametrailer's Top Ten Games of '08 - SSBB is #10

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
It seems like it's at 10 because it's already out, since they mention it's Japanese release. If they had made the list on Jan. 1 it'd be #1 most likely, the other games they have to wait for longer, so they are the "most anticipated" maybe not the best but the ones they can't wait for. They don't have to wait for Brawl. The other higher games seem like they have much less information so they are anxious to get them.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

IN MY BOOK
It's number #1 in our souls, too. Or at least, mine. You can write Brawl down as the best game of 2008, unless these non-gamers with their Madden Football are more numerous then normal. Honestly, Brawl has had more money, work, staff, and support put into it then any game on that list, easily. Just look at the content in it. Has any game in history EVEN HAD 50 songs in it? Brawl has at least 350, with 40 of the greatest [video game] composers of all-time, as a prime example. Nuff' said.

-Johnknight1 out

spindash

Smash Ace
*roars and foams at the mouth*
No really. I agree. I hate to sound like an ignorant little whelp, but... What the heck is Spore? You go through and control evolution from microscopic organisms to futuristic interstellar space cultures. And...that's it? Unless I'm missing the thing that's supposed to be so impacting about Spore.

Until I get a reason to believe that it's more worthwhile? I'll just ask the question.

"What the hell is Spore?"

I don't think Brawl should be the most anticipated game of 2008, because we are already so close to getting it. The wait for others games will be a bit longer. Such as MGS4 and RE5. But either way? I'd give Brawl #4 or something. We're getting the game anyway. And I still think it'll be the greatest game in existence.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Resident Evil 5 and Final Fantasy 13 aren't even coming out this year...PHAIL.

Brawl deserves to be higher. Some of those games on the list are pretty crap. I'm really not sure how they could have more hype for some of those games than Brawl.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I lol'd at some of the games that beat Brawl.

Some deserve to beat it maybe, but not all of those lol.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
We're only two months into 2008, why are we already making top ten lists for a year that has only begun? -_-

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
No really. I agree. I hate to sound like an ignorant little whelp, but... What the heck is Spore? You go through and control evolution from microscopic organisms to futuristic interstellar space cultures. And...that's it? Unless I'm missing the thing that's supposed to be so impacting about Spore.

Until I get a reason to believe that it's more worthwhile? I'll just ask the question.

"What the hell is Spore?"

I don't think Brawl should be the most anticipated game of 2008, because we are already so close to getting it. The wait for others games will be a bit longer. Such as MGS4 and RE5. But either way? I'd give Brawl #4 or something. We're getting the game anyway. And I still think it'll be the greatest game in existence.
You must not like Harvest Moon, the Sims, Animal Crossing, etc...

It's for that audience.

PrinceOfDalaam

Smash Apprentice
Brawl's only # 10? haha, after all the leaks im not really surprised.
but WTF with Starcraft2??? only number FIVE?? its been ten friggen years and the first one is already a sport in korea! sc2 should be #2 or 1
As for the rest of the games, i havent really looked at them much, but i think GTA4 should be lower cuz i think the series is overrated, and spore should be on the list(rather than games that shouldnt be on it at all *cough*cough*FF13*cough*cough*

The Protagonist

Smash Cadet
I'm actually anticipating White Knight Chronicles and Star Ocean 4 for the PS3. Of course neither one of those games have a release date.

I NEED SOME RPGS ON PS3!!! ...Oh well only two weeks until Smash, so I'm just going to continue to kick *** with Dante on DMC4 until then...

B. Rock

Smash Rookie
Brawl was my #1 most anticipated game for 2007. I had to tone some of that down just to get through the days after the delays. ._.

leeray666

Smash Cadet
Well only time and sales figures will tell, as the opening statements were "Top ten most anticipated games of 2008". Judging from the various sources I have visited Brawl really should be slightly higher up that list....

... We shall see.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is pretty much out... so its hard to be highly anticipated since its already here...

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Since Brawl is the only game I have a huge amount of anticipation for it's #1 on my list.

All the games on the list looked interesting though. I might buy a PS3 for Metal Gear Solid 4 and Blueray.

Don Tyrant

Smash Cadet
bs, lmao, its a fighting game, thats the only reason i could think of it being that high. It should have been a little higher but the list is accurate, I know MGS4 and resident evil 5 are gonna be huge n I agree with them being # 1 n #2.

gamer8

Smash Lord
10 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
9 - Ninja Gaiden 2
8 - Prototype
7 - Grand Theft Auto 4
6 - Little Big Planet
5 - Starcraft 2
4 - Final Fantasy 13
3 - Fallout 3
2 - Metal Gear Solid 4
1 - Resident Evil 5

(Sorry had to type it out or else I would forget it)

Hmm on my personal list I would have
10. Prototype
9. Fallout3
8. Ninja Gaiden 2
7. Little Big Planet
6. Starcraft 2
5. Final Fantasy 13
4. Grand Theft Auto 4
3. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
1. Resident Evil 5

Yes I'm a Resident Evil fan. Whatever. The lowest four on my list.. i haven't really been hearing or looking into them so its great for me.. But this is an all around thing so I guess its alright, nothing to get upset over.

-Onyx
Fail. Brawl is #1 gtfo.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
At least its better than Gamepro's top 50 most anticipated 08 games. Brawl was in the low 40s and about ten points below Mario Kart.
Low 40s? That's kind of ridiculous. It actually makes me wonder if there are any Wii games in the top 40 on that, and if not it screams fanboyism.

Top Bottom