• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

gamestop tourneys

forkgirl

Smash Lord
EDIT: CONGRATS to LEEMARTIN who won finals and the whole national tournament!!!!!! :p

I was just wondering who all won the first round in the different gamestop brawl tournaments?? round 2 is Marth 15

237 gamestops in Texas had tournaments and i bet 90% of the winners are random kids who were lucky enough not to die from items and ridiculous stages.
ROUND 1
San Antonio:
Caveman
Puffball (red??)
Edman xero

Dallas area:
Bluezaft

Houston, Austin, Valley, etc:
?????

anyone else in the smash community win?? (maybe theres already a thread like this but i didnt see one) I suppose i can update a list or whatever if people post.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Nintendo was a genius to have Super Sudden Death tourneys all across the nation. It's so much harder to kill in brawl, not the mention under the 50second timer (10 seconds cause when the opponent realizes he's about to die he will just run away... lame but true).

forkgirl

Smash Lord
round 2 was today. caveman beat edmanxero and a few others for northern san antonio and surrounding small. Not sure about southern san antonio (puffball??)

did bluezaft win round 2???

anyone else/??

ajGambino

Smash Rookie
I was at the Stone Oak Gamestop location, they had different rules though. It was SUPPOSE to be 3 minute rounds no items. I called 4 times to make sure the rules were the same, as they said they were. When I got there, it was items on, 2 minute duration. I lost by a smash ball, ran out of time.. I was so pissed, I just left after I lost. I'm sure a lot of other people got gimped out of the tournament. Gamestop sucks as I was asked if I wanted to pre-order any games on the way out.. Adding insult to injury. (T_T)

Mirage of Deceit

Smash Rookie
I played at my gamestop, but lost to some punk using Pikachu's cheapest moves. It disgusts me when someone beats skill with some stupid weak, repetitive move. Too bad he didn't do anything illegeal, because I felt cheated in the end for my hard work...

Zanyruki

Smash Rookie
I lost in the finals in the last 15 seconds to Marth, who got his FS on me when I had 0% damage.

Also, did anyone else's tournament make you play on random?

forkgirl

Smash Lord
no, he got camped by some noob ike : / there's brawl for ya

but actually Lee Martin from Luisiana won the finals in Cali :) congrats!! :D

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
You mean this bull**** chain of tournaments didn't have the same rules at each location? The one I went to (1st round, Lubbock) had only original characters, 1 minute time, items on.

It was played outside, and it was 40 degrees out. And it started 15 minutes late.

I went down in one round because I couldn't adapt to the Wii-mote/Nunchuk, so I was literally standing there trying to figure out my controls.

Alright, I shouldn't have bothered posting just to bash Gamestop's tournament.

Aries

Smash Rookie
Videos would be cool, the finals were going to be recorded according to what I read.
I won three of them, but didn't get the invite to cali. Didn't expect to though, my game went into sudden death.

And Zanyruki yeah, the first two were random stage and character. Items on in first round off second. Third round was select character on battlefield.

Top Bottom