• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameStop/EB Games demos have started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
I see no real reason for him to lie, but it's kind of early for a demo. I'm 40% believing this. I'm waiting for pics.

poorboy93

Smash Cadet
I just came back from the local Gamestop near my house and they had a playable Brawl demo! They were only letting people play for 5 minutes but it was still really cool! You guys should call or go visit (I'd recommend visiting because they will avoid the question because they don't want 900 people in their store at once.)

This is awesome guys! How many of you know of a Brawl demo near you?

I'll try to go back and get some pics and video to show you guys!
BULL****, I just came from Gamestop and they told me they've been asking for a brawl demo and been denied several times. They mentioned the only way they will have a demo of brawl is if they held a torny at the local mall

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
I know it was a preview channel I was not implying well maybe I was wat i was tryin to say was I hope they makes one for brawl sry like i once said I am ******** =P

Inocram

Smash Cadet
OP hasn't posted again...going to throw the troll flag on this one. That, however, can be removed with some simple evidence.

The whole "Don't call because that would be easier and make more sense, but instead you should waste money and time driving there for no reason" part was enjoyable though.

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
DUDE I was at my gamestop today and Nintendo has not even talked to them yet about kiosk demos. We all like to just assume things and make up rumors but I for one am getting tired of it. If you like to make up things just lie to you own friends and leave the boards alone. We don't need more of this crap on here. I got my full helping of lies from the profit madness we had over the past few months. Lies FTL....

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I almost went to Gamestop yesterday, but didn't. Now I wish I would have.

New Gamestop demos are almost occupied though. I don't usually get a chance to play their displays until they've had them for a while, and by that time the game is either already out or some idiot already broke the controller on the display.

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
General concensus seems that the OP is lying. Regardless, I still expect some kind of demo (kiosk or otherwise) to show up in the next few weeks in the 'States. If it is a kiosk, I'd think big cities like New York and Los Angeles would get them first before they whaft into the areas inbetween.

My Gamestop did confirm that they plan to have a tournament before their big midnight release, but they seemed unsure as to how they were going to do it, though. Presumably, they're going to call me when they hear something in regards to that.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
None of my nearby Gamestops haven't heard anything about a demo, although they said if they were to get them it would be too early. However they could just be lying to me because they don't want a million non paying customers in their store.

Shock the Hedgehog

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockhog
I haven't been able to go to my Gamestop, but I've passed by a few times and I've seen a ton of signs advertising Brawl, but that could mean nothing.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
What Wolf Pup TK said might be right.....Metroid Prime 3 had a free demo AFTER the game came out. So who's to say Brawl won't be the same? Clearly no intelligent pupil would ever doubt to look at the wonderous Virtual Console Nintendo had given us with the Wii Console.
mp3 has a VC demo!?

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Crud, way to get my hopes up for nothing. Thanks, Thread Creator. This IS illegal, you know, so if you know that the fire of war will harden you, then you'll taste like a Diara, and I won't wonder what's for dinner. This will result in myself being saved, for some reason. Thus, the fire of posts has already been started and you are not being hardened by it because you are shying away, so you can ignore almost all of that reference if you don't want to eat an Octorok.

EDIT: I didn't mean to flame, I just wanted to cite a few references.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I don't doubt it, my gamestop/EB's there are about 6 within a short drive, 2 in the mall, 2 down the street from me, 2 on biscayne.

all of them had mario galaxy 2-3 weeks prior release. I'll go in sometime soon and go check it out.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
dude all the ppl at my local gamestop (we have 4) dont know **** about ****

they KNOW nothing

btrw i was there today at one of them no in game demos

but it had the release day for 3/10
not saying its going to get pushed back but maybe theyre having a tournament?

FlatSoda

Smash Champion

they KNOW nothing

btrw i was there today at one of them no in game demos

probably 3/9 for those who reserved it and 3/10 for public release.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I am probably gonna go to Gamestop tomorrow afternoon so I'll check. I also want to see if they are having a midnight release.

If they don't have it in your gamestop, realize that it's still early. Give it a week or so and they should start popping up.

Some stores may even have the demo but not put it out until the game is released.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
My Nintendo rep came a couple days ago and she didn't know anything about a demo. Not to say we will not get one, but they don't tell her anything until they are doing it.

My guess is that stores in my area (Georgia) will not get any until later in the month. That is IF the demos will be coming at all.
You GA people just keep randomly appearing in the Brawl section, but never in your own **** region! XD

I'm Gerbil, from Columbus. I'm one of the Power Ranking panelists for our state. You need to come to G4S5 and introduce yourself lol. (Link is in my sig).

To any other GAians that are on SWF but don't visit your region... you better start LOL.

Link730

Smash Rookie

When I had reserved my copy of Metroid Prime 3, my local gamestop didn't give me the game until 1 or 2 days later...
Think they are basically telling you that they wont give you the game until 1 or 2 days later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom