• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamespot's Review: 9.5 Editor's Choice

Gillenium

Smash Rookie
Gamespot is worthless now. Besides, the IGN review has the same score and is better-written.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Probably not GOTY, though as a candidate is possible though. Might win some sort of category of the year though.. Multiplayer maybe?

-Onyx

Nazzul

Smash Rookie
I hate when the best game ever that had ever existed dosnt get a 10. Sure Ive never played the game ive just seen it. but the reviewer must be a moron because this game is the best. Even though ive never played it and 9.5 score means the game is terrible....wait a sec.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Probably not GOTY, though as a candidate is possible though. Might win some sort of category of the year though.. Multiplayer maybe?

-Onyx
What game coming out this year will be more deserving? The only other likely candidate is MGS4.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Gamespot's hard on every game-- and until the Gerstmann fiasco, they had some fairly good writing at that site. People just didn't get over the whole TP thing.

It's an alright review. I'm glad for the score they gave it, but It could have been written a bit better.

I'm not too fond of IGN reviewing things either. The seem fairly disingenuous most of the time.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I don't care whether Gamespot gives the game a 9.5 or a 5.9, I think they're **** anyway.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
video review was very annoying
at least it was more.......mature than the ign one

why don't they ever discuss masterpieces, challenges, taking videos/pictures, the wi-fi stage and picture service, customizing music and all that other good stuff. Instead of playing the subspace emissary and a little online, and then reviewing it.

DarkDeadlyCages

Smash Rookie
Of course people still have to complain about something from GS, no matter how good a score they give a game. Fanboys are funny, even funnier is the idiots that are still sore about the 8.8 TP review.

Dais

Smash Cadet
Those reviews were uber ********. & who the hell is that nerd on the gamespot one... stfu. There is no point in going off on this crap but I will say this - Reviews are meant to tell people if they will enjoy a game or not, and there is no way someone wouldn't enjoy Brawl. Thus it should get a 10. Think of how much less content Melee had, (r.i.p.) And even in retrospect, right now I'd give that game a 10. Because its flat-out endless fun. There will be bigger prettier games, but none of them will be as fun or replayable as Brawl. 10. Game of the decade.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I hate it when people call gamespot or ANY other game review site 360 fanboys and they say stuff like "they will give brawl like 1 cuz its not halo and a fps not on 360 eitha luolololololool" because no game review site is like that.

Anyways, good score.

SonicSmash001

Smash Apprentice
Nah gamespot is cool, the review is good, well written, the video review is trash though.

AND, mario galaxy got a 9.5 on gamespot but it got game of the year on many sites.

Cerqerati

Smash Cadet
Those reviews were uber ********. & who the hell is that nerd on the gamespot one... stfu. There is no point in going off on this crap but I will say this - Reviews are meant to tell people if they will enjoy a game or not, and there is no way someone wouldn't enjoy Brawl. Thus it should get a 10. Think of how much less content Melee had, (r.i.p.) And even in retrospect, right now I'd give that game a 10. Because its flat-out endless fun. There will be bigger prettier games, but none of them will be as fun or replayable as Brawl. 10. Game of the decade.

I completely agree with him. I think we as a gaming community hold the reviews of our beloved sites to much higher degree than they deserve. Reviews are meant to( in my eyes) familiarize people new to a game. So buy Brawl and formulate your own opinion.

SonicSmash001

Smash Apprentice
I completely agree with him. I think we as a gaming community hold the reviews of our beloved sites to much higher degree than they deserve. Reviews are meant to( in my eyes) familiarize people new to a game. So buy Brawl and formulate your own opinion.
im waiting for some good user reviews as well, have yet to see a review that covers every aspect of brawl

edit: just found something cool, do see all merits and it shows u like 10 more, thats more merits then i've ever seen for a game before

Zodiac

Smash Master
Graphic ***** game spot actually gave it a good score? impressive,

D-Hero

Smash Rookie
I think they overlook the ton of extras Brawl has to offer... Who the heck doesn't wanna build their very own stage to share with the world right... I understand the campaign could have been better, but Brawl compare to Melee has WAY more content pack into it... And, Melee last us 7 years and is the best selling GCN of all-time...

That said I try not to look at the score but what they write... number scales tend to be really subjective... In that you could always make the argument that if Game A got 9.3 but Game B is so much better then Game A then why did Game B only got 8.9....

Does it really matter though, this game could have got a 3.4 or 7.1 and we all would still buy it...

Puffs

Smash Ace
I'm not getting this game anymore because Gamespot didn't give it a 10.

Now I'm gonna go find a thread due for locking and post landmaster pictures in it.

Top Bottom