• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameplay Feedback: Will the Smash Wii U/3DS mechanics receive changes?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Pretty sure significant lag reduction is reasonable...Also, Nintendo is very receptive to the input. Sakurai isn't so we shall see who has more pull, the publisher or the director. I'm sure nobody can argue with a better game for everybody though.
Not true, Sakurai takes input very seriously and is very accepting to criticism so long as it is not something he completely disagrees with. He didn't like the idea of Villager fighting and yet thanks to popular demand he was the first newcomer revealed.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I think some things are going to be tinkered with for that more polished feel. Even without the feedback.

Still, I hope they consider the feedback that they didn't take into account

Impmacaque

Smash Journeyman
As much as I would like an extensive mechanics overhaul, I do not expect it to happen. As stated previously in this thread, the hyper-casual players care far more about the amount of content of the game than the technical aspects of the engine.

Perhaps I'm cynical, but I think the best case scenario (realistically) is that they reduce some of the lag on a few animations for certain characters. Things like wave-dashing, L-cancelling, SDI, etcetera? Not a chance.

Last edited:

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
The game doesn't NEED melee techs, we don't need wave dashing, not even L cancel. However if they choose not to add these, Nintendo needs to add NEW techs that give the game EQUAL depth. Simply taking techs away and not adding ANYTHING but basic versions of old techs, and a few sprinkled in fairly easy things to pull off just takes from the game.
GOD FORBID ANYTHING BE EASY.

Last edited:

Celestis

Smash Ace
i think this answer is a given. It would be silly to expose the game to so many people and not take there input consideration.
As much as I would like an extensive mechanics overhaul, I do not expect it to happen. As stated previously in this thread, the hyper-casual players care far more about the amount of content of the game than the technical aspects of the engine.

Perhaps I'm cynical, but I think the best case scenario (realistically) is that they reduce some of the lag on a few animations for certain characters. Things like wave-dashing, L-cancelling, SDI, etcetera? Not a chance.
I think SDI will be there. It has been there threw them all so far.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I think SDI will be there. It has been there threw them all so far.
I don't know, I think it would be in already if it was, especially if they ported Brawl's engine for this. I'm kind of glad to see it go, it results in weird stuff and makes most multi-hit moves unnecessarily weaker.

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Be cool if the game introduced on hit cancels. Like traditional fighting games or Lucario in PM.

There was mention that someone witnessed Bowser canceling a grounded Whirling Fortress into a FSmash. It was done just a few frames after the initial UpB supposedly.

What does this mean? It is a demo and can be a glitch or unfinished work, but it's nice to speculate these things sometimes.

Celestis

Smash Ace
I don't know, I think it would be in already if it was, especially if they ported Brawl's engine for this. I'm kind of glad to see it go, it results in weird stuff and makes most multi-hit moves unnecessarily weaker.
Hm? SDI is important to having control over your character even when you are getting hit and not just being kicked around senselessly. Like.. Brawl sheik forward tilt... Nasty.
I am pretty sure SDI is already in the game. I don't see any signs of it not being there.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Hm? SDI is important to having control over your character even when you are getting hit and not just being kicked around senselessly. Like.. Brawl sheik forward tilt... Nasty.
I am pretty sure SDI is already in the game. I don't see any signs of it not being there.
It was apparently not present and or really hard to do in the demo.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Seems to me they do with the whole tournament and such.

I hope they actually go more for balance fixes and not just bugs/glitches.

Top Bottom