• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamefaqs and imdb are lying to you!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
At least, that’s my professional opinion. Both websites have voice-actors listed under Brawl for characters who have not been confirmed for the game. Do they know something that we don’t? Don’t count on it. Hit the jump for complete details:

<!--more-->Currently, imdb (that is, the Internationl Movie DataBase), has a voice attached for Ganondorf. However, a little research reveals that the name they have for Ganondorf is the same person who did Ganondorf’s voice in Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. Now, is this a confirmation that Ganondorf is in Brawl? Hardly. I’m not sure who’s in charge of updating information on imdb, but whoever did just assumed Ganondorf would be in the game, and added the same voice actor as all the other games Ganondorf has appeared in (which does make sense).

Gamefaqs is in a similar boat. They have also have Takashi Nagasako listed for Ganondorf, and they also have voices attached for Marth and Captain Falcon. Of course, both voices are the same actors from Melee, which would make sense if the characters are returning.

However, do these websites know something that we don’t? I guess it’s possible, but it certainly isn’t probable. Now, it is possible that somehow, imdb found out if Ganondorf was returning by asking the guy who did his voice, or Gamefaqs could have asked Marth and Falcon’s voice actors. However, don’t count on it. Now, these are several of the most likely returning characters, but at this point, we have no idea was cut from Melee, so anything is possible. My official guess is that the next new information about Brawl will come directly from Nintendo itself, not a website listing who voice-actors are.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Of course, just so we’re clear, you completely made that date up. Nintendo could confirm a character in June, or in October, or tomorrow. Nobody knows.

S

Sniffnoy

Actually we do have a reason to suspect May or June, though it’s far from a guarantee; namely, if Nintendo Power continues with its Smash Files, then presumably May will be Samus or Zamus, and we may either get the other one in June and a new one in July, or just straight a new one in June (if Samus and Zamus really are the same character); considering how early the magazine comes out, that translates to May or June. It’s a big “if”, though; we have no guarantee that they *will* continue with their Smash Files.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
We also don’t know what Nintendo Power knows. I doubt their Smash Files have been so carefully planned that, from their inception, they were timed to coincide with the release of additional Brawl information. I doubt that just because they happen to be coming up on the last characters they’ll be bound to get new information anytime soon. It’s also entirely possible that Smash Files, if they even continue, will end up branching out into other areas that we’ve seen snippets of.

Remember, it’s Sakurai & Co. calling the shots here, not Nintendo Power.

X

Xulos

In my opinion almost all of the melee characters will return.
I mean who else would they use to make the character roster as high as 40?

C

conrus

Murdoch University-hosted GO3 Electronic Entertainment Exposition and Conference will be held at the Perth Convention Center, Australia. Starting March 30, the three-day affair will be an attempt to touch the Asian and European communities with the state of the art style and leisurely grace brought about by the Western E3.

Way up high the updates list for the GO3 Expo is that Microsoft’s Xbox 360, Nintendo’s Wii, and Sony’s PlayStation 3 are a go-for-show at the exposition, to be headed by Gametraders.

So for sure, alongside the granddaddy PCs that will probably make an appearance at the expo, the next-gen consoles will be around to steal away others for hands-on demonstrations.

Plus, over US$ 6,000-worth of prizes will be given away at the event, along with massive discount vouchers for attendees, even the non-early birds.

Also hot-listed is the news that Fury, an ambitious PvP MMORPG that made a stirring at the 2007 Game Developers Conference, will also be making a show at the Euro-Australasian E3 with some hands-on experience lead by associate producer Andrew Edelsten. The game itself blew away audiences in last year’s E3 in Los Angeles.

Also renowned for its “Holy Pixelshaded Lightmapped Christ!” graphics on Unreal Engine 3, Fury also whisked away some sites’ “Most Surprising Game at E3″ awards, this free (yes free) game will allow players to fight head on against other players within a realm, and form an army of allies against other realms. If the world was looking for a World of Warcraft-killer, here’s one such candidate to come out at the fourth quarter of 2007. Fury will be shafted shipped to the U.S. through Gamecock.

C

conrus

can someone help me activate my smashboards account so by my avbove coment nintendo may reveal some brawl news but highly unlikely

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I would say it’s quite likely that in the month of May, when the June issue of NP comes out, information of Brawl will be released, why you ask? As Sniffnoy said earlier we have seen all of the current confirmed characters for Brawl in the Smash Files, while also, in the May issue of NP it states, “It’s been a fairly busy month for new Wii announcements, and publishers are only getting started. Expect some major (major in italics) unveilings in the coming months, starting with the next issue’s exclusive cover story.” Sounds a lot like some more information considering that the Director of SSBB (Masahiro Sakurai) earlier stated that he promised that he wouldn’t keep all of the information about Brawl secret forever (sorry, I forgot where I got that information, could be just as good as false, but it may be true, or he may release information when the game is already released, lol). Anyway, whether it’s true or not, I say it’s completely possible. But as Kirby King said, Nintendo Power has some, but not much connection with the actual game. We’ll see what happens…

E

Exe

I assume all characters wich were in the Super Smash Bros. ( N64 ) return to Super Smash Bros. Brawl…

Unlike Mr.Game&amp;Watch, IceClimbers, and other crap such as Mewtwo and Pichu are unlikely to return. These 4 characters won’t be missed by too many people…

A

Atomic Boo!

most of the cloneish character will be gone in my mind, like dr. mario, ganondorf, pichu (he’s crap anyways), marth or roy, or any other that i missed…

A

a very weird person

Wow! These people are stupid. If you look on joystiq.com you would see that this game is already done with developing. They just want to wait and see if prices rise or drop. Nintendo I’m dying here so hurry up and release this game! I wanna do some wi-fi against the world………..please hurry, but make sure that everything is perfect so this will be the best and fastest selling game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

a very weird person

They also said some unconfirmed charcters were Ridley, Bowser Jr., and wind waker link………But I don’t see the point in adding ANOTHER link. One is enough……trust me

Top Bottom