• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Extension Cables?

miller483

Smash Ace
Does anyone know if there's a thing that gives Gamecube controllers a longer reach? If so, where could I find some? I'm in dire need of one, since my couch is far from my Wii.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Does anyone know if there's a thing that gives Gamecube controllers a longer reach? If so, where could I find some? I'm in dire need of one, since my couch is far from my Wii.
I got one from Circuit City but they're not too hard to find. You can order some in time for Brawl.

Remember, Classic Controller and Wavebird do NOT have rumble support.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I have one, but I don't know where I got it.

I'd really suggest getting a wavebird, if all else fails.

devious_nucleus

Smash Cadet
i've got one too, it's really simple to plug in.

another option is buy a wireless controller. they're about $5 more than normal.

Hutsetsugen!

Smash Apprentice
Makes me wish they still sold Wavebirds...
I thought they'd only stopped manufacturing Wavebirds. You can still buy them, can't you?
EB's got 'em. But it's a horrible, horrible place...

But I'm with Miller on the wireless statement. Batteries have no place in the future. :\

As for extension cables, you'll find them all over Ebay. Maybe even Circuit City, Best Buy, Eb, those franchises.

Thrull

Smash Cadet
A Wavebird sounds nice, but I'm really against wireless controllers unless they have a rechargeable battery.
Well, I understand where you're coming from (I think the wii remote recharger kit is practically essential for anyone with the console). However, the Wavebird uses a lot less power than the Wii Remote. I read on an Amazon review of a Wavebird recharger kit (which was a negative review) that the Wavebird lasts something like 100 hours on two AA batteries, so a charger isn't too necessary.

I can attest based on my playtime on Twilight Princess they last at least 45 hours on two AAs. I haven't replaced them yet.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I've got a Wavebird with rechargeable batteries AND a classic controller. I used to have one of those extension cables, but I sold it with my Cube.

Top Bottom