• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Controller Price Guide (And Info) - OUTDATED

Your favorite controller?

• Indigo

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Jet Black

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Spice Orange

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Indigo/Clear

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Emerald Blue

Votes: 33 23.2%
  • Clear

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Starlight Gold

• Crystal White / Pearl White

• Symphonic Green

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • Resident Evil 4

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Hanshin Tigers

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Char's Customized Box

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Panasonic Q

• White

Votes: 17 12.0%
  • Mario

• Luigi

• Wario

• Club Nintendo

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Wavebird Grey

• Wavebird Platinum

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Wavebird Club Nintendo

• Wavebird Char's Customized

• Black Super Smash Bros.

• White Super Smash Bros.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • ASCIII / Sammy Keyboard Controller

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters

Synnett

Alligator Lord
This post is outdated, I wrote a new one: https://smashboards.com/threads/gamecube-controller-guide-ultimate-edition.456398/

Leaving this in the spoiler for reference and stuff...
Alright :roymelee: 's, I have noticed a trend recently - the japanese sellers on eBay are boosting the prices of the controllers, to basically get more money. It can be misleading because of the lack of reference, so I am going to make one so you guys doesn't spend too much money on your favorite controllers. The value is the price you should be paying for that controller. Basically, a fair price. Here are listed all the official Nintendo controllers, and some dank 3rd party ones.

Controllers marked by a " * " are the ones I own - Officials: 24/25

# | Controller | Value | Locations | Own it
1 | Indigo | $15 | JPN/ US/ EU/ AU | x
2 | Jet Black | $15 | JPN/ US/ EU/ AU | x
3 | Spice Orange | $25 | JPN/ US/ AU | x
4 | Platinum | $15 | JPN/ US/ EU/ AU | x
5 | Indigo/Clear | $30 | JPN/ US/ EU/ AU | x
6 | Emerald Blue | $35 - $40 | JPN | x
7 | Clear | $55 | JPN | x
8 | Starlight Gold | $110 | JPN | x
9 | Crystal White (JPN) / Pearl White (EU) | $80 | JPN/ EU | x
10 | Symphonic Green | $70 | JPN/ France | x
11 | Resident Evil 4 | $60 | EU | x
12 | Hanshin Tigers | $60 | JPN | x
13 | Char's Customized Box | $150 | JPN | x
14 | Panasonic Q | $60 | JPN | x
15 | White | $40 | JPN | x
16 | Mario | $80 | JPN/ EU | x
17 | Luigi | $80 | JPN | x
18 | Wario | $130 | JPN | x
19 | Club Nintendo | $120 | JPN | x
20 | Wavebird Grey | $40 | JPN/ US/ EU/ AU | x
21 | Wavebird Platinum | $40 | JPN/ US/ AU | x
22 | Wavebird Club Nintendo | $180 | JPN | x
23 | Wavebird Char's Customized | $300 | JPN |
24 | Black Super Smash Bros. Edition | $20 | JPN/ US/ EU/ AU | x
25 | White Super Smash Bros. Edition | $25 | JPN | x

1. Indigo *
Value: $15
You shouldn't pay more than $15 for a good one. This is a very common one, and you shouldn't have a hard time finding one for that price. For a sealed NTSC one, expect to pay $70 for one, but it would be sad if you opened the box. ;_;

2. Jet Black *
Pretty much the same deal as the Indigo, it's just a different colour.

3. Spice Orange *
Value: $25
Don't be fooled by its colour, it's actually pretty common... at least outside of Europe. It was released in Japan with a console and in all the other regions for standalone, except for Europe for some reasons. But yea, due to it being very common in Japan, they usually sell for quite cheap, you could even find some for under $25. Never go beyond that tho, except if it's boxed.

4. Platinum *
Fun fact, it was supposed to be released as a limited edition, but ended up being the most produced controller for the gamecube, its production ending in 2012 in America. It is now a scrubby common controller that everyone has, along with the Jet Black and Indigo.

5. Indigo/Clear *
Value: $30
Here is the only early controller to never be released bundled with a console, so its rarity kind of goes up. Its demand is high too due to its clear back, people love to dump LED's here. I believe you can easily find one for that price, as they are pretty common on eBay. On most of them, the clear back is yellowed, but it's washable.

6. Emerald Blue *
Value: $35 - $40
This one will be slightly harder to find for that price, as it's one of the most beautiful controllers and it's actually in pretty high demand, only released in Japan too. But it's a very common controller in Japan, where it was bundled with Pikmin 2 console pak and as standalone. There are a bunch selling for that price on eBay, just take your time to find it. I bought mine with its box for $60.

7. Clear *
Value: $55
Yep, it does exist. It was only released bundled with a limited edition pack in Japan. Luckily the prices are quite modest, but I expect the prices to go up. They sell for around $60, but don't fall in the trap and pay $80 for one, some tends to raise the prices quite a lot. Keep it at that price if you want to buy one!

8. Starlight Gold *
Value: $110
One of the rarest controllers out there. It was released as a limited edition at ToysRus in Japan near the end of the GC's life and basically did not sell at all. So yep, it's worth its price. Although some up for bid sells for $80, maybe wait to get your chance at it.

9. Crystal White (JPN) / Pearl White (EU) *
Value: $80
It's actually the rarest controller in Japan, as it was released with the Crystal White pack for a limited 150. But luckily, Europe stepped in and released this controller in bulk with the Mario Striker pack. So it is very common in Europe, I suggest you look over here, I found one in Germany for $70. It's actually pretty uncommon to see it on eBay. If you happen to stumble or own a japanese one, cherish it, as they are rarely found loose, out of their box. Both versions are identical although.

10. Symphonic Green *
Value: $70
I'm warning you already: you won't find it for that price. After many efforts from a bunch of Japanese sellers, the price for that quite common controller skyrocketed to an insane proportion. So please, simply don't buy it for now, the lowest price it has been since two years is $160, and the highest, $500. It was released in Japan and France in the Tales of Symphonia Pak, and sold pretty well. Forget about eBay and Japan right now, if you are trying to find that controller, search in France. I wrote the french name for the controller and found one for $50, basically saved $250 from its average price. :083: Good luck!

11. Resident Evil 4 *
Value: $60
Quite special eh? This was the only official controller released outside of Japan, ever. Search in some european equivalents to eBay (check the sources), as it was released in Europe only, bundled with the Resident Evil 4 pack. Rarely ever on eBay.

12. Hanshin Tigers *
Very ugly controller, it was released in 2003 in the Hanshin Tigers pack to celebrate the victory of the baseball team of the same name from Japan. Obviously only released in Japan. It is very common on eBay and other websites, but I can't seem to find one loose, it's always bundled with its striped gamecube. It should sell for around that price.

13. Char's Customized Box *
Value: $150
Gundam themed, released in the Char's Customized Box pack, it is without any doubt the most beautiful controller out there. Unique colouring and all. It is actually very common on eBay, while only released in Japan for limited quantities. If it's too expensive you can wait, they usually come back after a few weeks. While the Starlight Gold one is rarer, this one is in high demand, mostly because it is themed after a popular franchise. If you can get it for less it's an amazing thing, as they tend to hover around $160.

14. Panasonic Q *
Another instance of prices that went too high. Panasonic was allowed to produce a Gamecube console after helping Nintendo produce the best laser reader for the GC - it reads both GC games and DVD. And this is the controller bundled with it, produced by Nintendo. Most of the ones available on eBay are in a terrible state and sells for over $80. Even the prices for the console went too high, as there are broken ones for sale for over $400. Don't bother unless you collect them seriously.

15. White (2008) *
Value: $40
Alright everyone, stop buying this one for $100, it's not worth much. Seeing how well they sell, Nintendo produced tons and tons of them, and the foreign sellers started raising the prices like hell. You can actually get "used' ones from Ebay for as low as $25, while they are still in perfect condition. I got mine with its box for $36, brand new. So yep, think before buying from Amazon.

16. Mario *
We are finally entering the world of the Nintendo Power controllers, all of them released in Japan only, except for that Mario one, released in Europe. (Yep America never got anything ;_; ) Simple enough, it's Mario themed and sells for around $90 or more on eBay. With its box it sells for $100. Get the box lmao, I don't know why they don't sell for more. (Not that it should, but yea)

17. Luigi *
Strangely, for this one the prices vary a lot. From $70 to $110. Pick the cheaper one, pretty easy. With its box it goes from $130 to $260.

18. Wario *
Value: $130
Holy fudge is it expensive. Nintendo never realized no one likes this character and no one bought it from Nintendo Power. It reminds me of all that poor DK merchandise that never sells. Both needed to be Bowser - everyone likes Bowser. But anyway, be desperate and buy it the high price, or wait for a bidding war, it is more wise. I almost won the auction but eBay froze when I tried to enter my bid. It ended at $87, I tried to enter $88. But hey. It sells for $170 without its box. Just boycott and hopefully the prices will go down.

19. Club Nintendo *
Value: $120
Strangely always bundled with the other Club Nintendo controllers, the price shouldn't go over $120. But it is such in high demand, it's a beautiful controller. Except the stain left by that psychopath's hat, it's perfect. Buy them in bundle if you can, it comes out less. I mean, you can get the four controllers for $300 together at once, and avoid paying $200 for the Wario one.

20. Wavebird Grey *
Value: $40 (With battery cover and receiver)
Unique colour and wireless, and a small break from those Club Nintendo ones. It's pretty hard to find some in good condition as everyone looses the battery cover and the receiver, but $40 is a fair price. By the way, it basically has no lag, but I don't recommend it for competitive for the interference and the risk of the batteries dying.

21. Wavebird Platinum *
Value: $40 (With battery cover an receiver)
Same thing as the one above, but it was not released in Europe for unknown reasons. It was in America tho. Note that the receiver stays the same mate grey as the one above. Sells for the same price, and very common.

22. Wavebird Club Nintendo *
Value: $180
Extremely rare, we don't even know for how much points you could buy it anymore, the information was lost. But still, commonly sells on eBay for the right price. Still the same boring grey receiver, and same colour scheme as the wired version.

23. Wavebird Char's Customized (Gundam)
Value: $300
The rarest unique controller ever made, with only 1000 units produced. They never sell under $500, so yea, unless you are a true collector, never mind. Please be aware that it was produced with a red receiver unlike the other ones, in case you want to buy one.

24. Black Super Smash Bros. Edition *
Value: $20
Recent, still in production, don't pay more than that. Get on eBay, there are tons of them selling for $20, without the box but in perfect condition. Also, it was released everywhere, so it is very common.

25. White Super Smash Bros. Edition *
Value: $25
Same deal as the black one, but this one was only released in Japan. Tons of them for sale on eBay for very cheap. I bought both sealed from Japan for $25, so don't bother paying more than that.

~ The Third Party ~

ASCII Keyboard Controller *
Value: $75

Yes, those are not a myth, they are very real. They were released when Phantasy Star Online came out in Japan. Officially licensed by Nintendo, they wear the same parts as official controllers but the pad is modified to hold a full keyboard. Most of them came in ivory front and indigo back, but a version of the same controller was released with reversed colours, which remains a mystery as it is very rare. The keyboard is now unusable. Don't be fooled, some will try to sell it for insane prices, up to $250. I got mine for $50.

If you ever happen to stumble over a blue top one for sale, contact me - I'm curious!

Sammy Keyboard Controller *
Value: $90
This controller is identical to the ASCII one except for its different logo and different back colour, which is black. It is actually rarer than the ASCII as this one was released by the end of the Phantasy Star Online Trilogy, at the same time as the third game came out. Like the ASCII one, its price hover in the $120+ range. In short, pretty dank controllers.

--------------------------------------------------

Sources:
- http://tay.kinja.com/every-gamecube-controller-nintendo-ever-made-ever-1658747867
- My experience! (I mean, I collect them)

Shoutouts:
- Photos by HarmarFan and Google.
- @Bazkip, JOJO94 JOJO94 , PlamZ PlamZ and @DIOssbm for being epic o/

Resources for (rare) controllers:
- http://www.ebay.com/ (US, UK, Europe and Australia versions, you can find some different offers)
- http://www.priceminister.com/ (For the European ones, like the Resident Evil 4 and Symphonic Green)
- http://goo.gl/kKZX2S (Link to the Yahoo Japan auctions)

If you need help finding a rare controller I can help you! :083: If you guys disagree with a price, or something, I'm open to discussions!

06-09-2016 - Made the thread!!!
06-11-2016 - Added locations.
07-11-2016 - Added a TL;DR table and the changelog.
07-11-2016 - Changed the price of the Mario controller from $90 to $80, Luigi from $70 to $80 and Wario from $140 to $130.
08-01-2016 Changed the price of the White controller from $30 to $40. Added a price for the Char's Wavebird.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wow, this was a pretty neat thread. Even without the price info, it was like a stroll down memory lane seeing all these different controllers. I've never seen a good number of these like the Club NIntendo ones. Didn't know there was a wireless Char controller either.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Small update, I added the locations the controllers were released in the spoilers.

Super constructive. On second thought, I might look for one in the near future. Pearl white or clear (LED customization) would be my choice... xD
Pearl White is the best one :083: It's very beautiful, and confuses everyone because they think it's a messed up Platinum. So yep, pretty dank.

Wow, this was a pretty neat thread. Even without the price info, it was like a stroll down memory lane seeing all these different controllers. I've never seen a good number of these like the Club NIntendo ones. Didn't know there was a wireless Char controller either.
There were some more produced on the 3rd party side, but they are not really relevant to the competitive side of Smash, or some official controllers are pretty much unusable right now - unless you want to play Melee with a dance pad lol. Nubytech produced a few licensed controllers, notably the RE4 chainsaw and the Megaman controller, but they aren't really good...

Edit: I might point out which controllers I own, and set some achievements at the bottom. Might even add for how much I paid for them, I'll see.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I liked how it was just pretty much the official /licensed controllers. Helped show how special and unique some of these were.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Small update: I received it :083:
The Z button sadly broke in the shipping (I blame the seller, he put it in an enveloppe), but here it is: Symphonic Green controller for $40. So yep, don't buy the ones on eBay for $500 lmao. I still have to get a Sm4sh controller and switch the motherboard and solder the old cable to the new motherboard, but overall I'm very happy! :)

I'm going to start taking pictures of my own controllers and replace the pictures in my thread. They'll be better than this one but this is something to look forward to. o/

Edit: Ayy I replaced the z button and it's now fixed :083:

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Damn, this is a good thread. Sad on the Wario price though...

I bought a Panasonic Q controller but it malfunctions sometimes, either a permanent defect or maybe needs a clean, who knows....but because i dont have the tools, i got a friend to simply swap the shells with another controller!

FUN FACT: the inside of the Panasonic Q controller actually varies a little bit from the regular official controllers!

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Damn, this is a good thread. Sad on the Wario price though...

I bought a Panasonic Q controller but it malfunctions sometimes, either a permanent defect or maybe needs a clean, who knows....but because i dont have the tools, i got a friend to simply swap the shells with another controller!

FUN FACT: the inside of the Panasonic Q controller actually varies a little bit from the regular official controllers!
Wow really? What does the inside looks like? Are the rubbers different? I bought one and I'll receive it by the end of the month, I'll get to see then. By the way, what wasn't working in your controller? It would be nice to keep the same plug color on the controller.

And yep, it's a shame for the Wario controller. I've seen two of them sell for $95 a few weeks ago for bidding. If you want it maybe try to get it then, check on eBay from time to time.

Edit: I won an auction for the Wavebird Platinum with its battery cover and receiver: $20.50 :083:

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Wow really? What does the inside looks like? Are the rubbers different? I bought one and I'll receive it by the end of the month, I'll get to see then. By the way, what wasn't working in your controller? It would be nice to keep the same plug color on the controller.

And yep, it's a shame for the Wario controller. I've seen two of them sell for $95 a few weeks ago for bidding. If you want it maybe try to get it then, check on eBay from time to time.

Edit: I won an auction for the Wavebird Platinum with its battery cover and receiver: $20.50 :083:

ah i cant remember what was different exactly about it, i think the rumble might of been different? then again not sure, a friend did it all for me. The malfunctions were mainly c-stick not reading some axis's from time to time- like being able to up air but not forward air or something like that. its been a while, so i might test it out again sometime.

If the insides of it are definitley busted, then i was wondering how one would change the plug colors? is it hard? ive never really modified a game console or controller before on my own,

Synnett

Alligator Lord
ah i cant remember what was different exactly about it, i think the rumble might of been different? then again not sure, a friend did it all for me. The malfunctions were mainly c-stick not reading some axis's from time to time- like being able to up air but not forward air or something like that. its been a while, so i might test it out again sometime.

If the insides of it are definitley busted, then i was wondering how one would change the plug colors? is it hard? ive never really modified a game console or controller before on my own,
Well, it's "easy" lol. If the c-stick is the issue it might just be the stickbox that is defective. Switch it with any stickbox and it's good. As for the cable, the cable divides in a few small ones right into some kind of black box, where pins are soldered on the motherboard. You remove the solder and the pins from the board then switch the cables. I'll make a tutorial for it someday hopefully...

Last edited:

Mr Snak3_

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for making this, I'll use it as reference for if the smash scene in my town ever gets off the ground.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
I added a TL;DR table to the top and a Changelog at the bottom. Also modified the value of a few controllers.

Btw, I recently won an auction for the Club Nintendo Wavebird - got it for $95, half its value :083:

Synnett

Alligator Lord
I've got both Keyboard Controllers now:
This means I will update with my own pictures as soon as I get my Luigi controller.

Also, the Sammy keyboard controller I bought was actually never opened (that luck omg). And inside the box is a pack of Phantasy Star Online cards, which I had no idea came bundled with the controller. The pack is still unopened; and it will remain. I'll post pictures of the full set tomorrow.

Dralro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Deadeye42
Actual sweet Jesus this is an amazing Thread, my brother actually has a sealed Mario controller, something we are very proud of. An extremely useful guide, keep up the good work Synnett.

Anuran

Smash Apprentice
Every symph green I have seen is 150+ at this rate I might as well buy the evo eddition from controllerchaos

Last edited:

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Recently had the fortune of coming across an ascii keyboard controller brand new in box on amazon for $70 :)

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
What about the rare spongebob controller?

Last edited:

Synnett

Alligator Lord
What about the rare spongebob controller?
Oh man, it's not a very good controller lol. I'll probably snatch it someday just for fun. They are hard to find with the orange stick cap still there.

My almost complete collection:

I rented a camera to take pics this weekend, but something came up and I couldn't do it. Next time I guess lol.

Raycu

Smash Apprentice

:p

Edit: Got it super cheap off of the goodwill website along with a couple games and a gamecube

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, it's not a very good controller lol. I'll probably snatch it someday just for fun. They are hard to find with the orange stick cap still there.

I rented a camera to take pics this weekend, but something came up and I couldn't do it. Next time I guess lol.

Nice collection!

Does this thread regularly keep up to date with pricings and the like?

Also...I lost 3 gamecube controllers a few months ago.. a black, a clear and my panasonic q RIPPPP

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Nice collection!

Does this thread regularly keep up to date with pricings and the like?

Also...I lost 3 gamecube controllers a few months ago.. a black, a clear and my panasonic q RIPPPP
Hey thanks man :) But yea, the prices haven't changed much except for the Luigi controller, I will update everything soon.

And omg feelsbadman, the Panasonic is so expensive now. :(

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Hey thanks man :) But yea, the prices haven't changed much except for the Luigi controller, I will update everything soon.

And omg feelsbadman, the Panasonic is so expensive now. :(

its alright, i only bought the panasonic so that way chances were no one could mistake that controller for theirs being pretty unoque and all.

But i know there are cheaper, easier ways of marking your controller, so i'm going to do that.

Do you know places to get good controllers cheap? I'm in AUS so everything on ebay is a bit more expensive.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420

what's the one in the top right corner below the sammy keyboard controller?

Last edited:

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
It's the Lodgenet controller
It was used in hotels in the US on a pay to play console. Mine is still in its original package :)
That's sick man
I remember using one years ago when my family stayed at a hotel in Pennsylvania for a week

EDIT: It wouldn't work with a normal console, I imagine. Does it even have a normal hookup? It looks like an ethernet cord on the end.

Last edited:

Synnett

Alligator Lord
That's sick man
I remember using one years ago when my family stayed at a hotel in Pennsylvania for a week

EDIT: It wouldn't work with a normal console, I imagine. Does it even have a normal hookup? It looks like an ethernet cord on the end.
Yea, the plug is different, it actually uses the hookup from the prototype controllers. It's possible to make an adapter tho:
http://assemblergames.com/l/threads...t-yes-its-compatible-with-regular-cube.35685/

I'd love to make one, it would be funny to enter a tournament with it lol.

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
Was wondering, do you know anything about an half indigo half grey shelled gc controller?

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Was wondering, do you know anything about an half indigo half grey shelled gc controller?
No sorry. There is a indigo top and transparent down but that's pretty much it. I'm curious tho, if you can show it to me.

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
No sorry. There is a indigo top and transparent down but that's pretty much it. I'm curious tho, if you can show it to me.
Sorry, it turned out to be a trick of the light, and bad photo quality.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Not sure if this question belongs here, but what is your opinion on controller mods/Kadano controllers? More specifically, would you ever risk getting something like shield drop mods on one of your controllers?

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Not sure if this question belongs here, but what is your opinion on controller mods/Kadano controllers? More specifically, would you ever risk getting something like shield drop mods on one of your controllers?
I do controller mods myself actually lol. If they are well done they are great, but legality is another debate lol. A bunch of those mods are reversible and doesn't damage controllers, so they are good.

As for shield drop notches or any kind of notches, since the gate wears down by itself over time, they often need to be adjusted. While they can be made to look invisible, I'd rather not use it on a rarer controller as it damages the shell after some time. I personally use a Pearl White controller, and I'll never get notches on it. Since Bowser has no use for the bottom notch, unlike Fox, the side edges will slowly wear down and get closer to the values required to shield drop; I can now shield drop from the left side lol. If you want notches use common shells unless you don't mind lmao.

As for legality I posted this in some other thread:
- All the controller gate mods: I think this is simply broken, gives an insane advantage to the player, it makes pretty much all the techs much easier to perform. You can get perfect wavedashes, perfect angles, perfect pivot tilts, and some ice climbers stuff. I don't think any gate mods should be legal, with the exception of:

- Shield drop notches: ''When the devs developped the shield drop, they intended that slamming the stick right into the notch would trigger it. They made it only work on three values, which is reaaaaally small. I guess they used a messed up controller because the middle value is 0.6750, but most controllers tend to have a notch value of 0.7000. If you miss those three values you often spotdodge, or roll in some occasions. Of course with enough practice and experience you can get really good at it, but for beginners it's probably the hardest tech to learn.

I think this is the only legit octogonal gate modification, because it makes an intended mechanic actually work.''

- Spring removal in triggers: Actually hinders your performances lol.

- Constant trigger depression / Trigger point elevation: I'll be honest, for this one I'm not sure. It basically reduces the distance needed to press the digital press, by either lowering the trigger button or putting a rod that presses on the rubber. Kadano says it makes it easier to power shield, but I'm not that sure. For myself I have the second mod on my L trigger, as my controller had an issue that when pressing the trigger at an angle it wouldn't register the press as the trigger tube was too short to press it fully. I also noticed that it reduces the strain in my finger, which is a big plus, I'm all for saving hands.

- Analog slider disabling: I'm all for it, as some controller's analog sliders are hypersensible and lightshields to nothing, but some could argue that it's not the vanilla controls.

- Click resistance decreasing: Simply reduces the strain in the fingers. Let's go lol. It doesn't make anything easier, just saves hands.

- Spring resistance decreasing: Once again, saves hands from strain.

- Button remapping: Nope nope nope, I don't think this even needs debating.

JohannesIsZod

Smash Rookie
I've gotten pretty good on the Japanese website, butt could you help me with using the European website? Like how to find the controllers using their french names.

Lydiann

Smash Rookie
I've gotten pretty good on the Japanese website, butt could you help me with using the European website? Like how to find the controllers using their french names.
What websites are you using?

I've checked on Yahoo Japan Auction but it seems that most of the proxy sites increase the price massively with their hidden costs that for rare controllers that you might as well just pay the inflated price on eBay

Hey I actually have 2 questions for anyone who may be able to answer this but is there a difference in the pearl white gamecube and it's corresponding controller and the final fantasy crystal chronicles gamecube and it's controller? I know they look similar but they we're we'r under different names and I'm more just wonder if the final fantasy one is only different because it was bundled with the game. My second question is just if another post like this can be made for 2018

Synnett

Alligator Lord
@Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedo

Apparently, there is a difference, as seen on this website: https://www.consolevariations.com/nintendo/gamecube/gamecube-controller-variations/ But the Pearl White it's using for reference is refurbished (doesn't have the original stickcap) and is heavily worn down, I assume it's also sun damaged. So there's no way to know for sure until I buy this controller, but the package is in the $2000 range. So hopefully someday :v (I also tried to look for differences with images all over but due to its colour the lighting makes a huge difference.

And I actually completed my collection :o (except for that crystal one...) I'm planning to make an extensive guide with all the different parts that are inside the controllers. So yep, I'll have original pictures and everything.

Last edited:

MasterHeroBrave

Smash Rookie
NNID
MasterHeroBrave
I'm trying to find out more about the PDP "Wired" Fight Pads before I sink my pennies into four of them... No Idea how you could afford to amass your collection, btw. It would seem you've spent around $1700 on a plethora of controllers you probably won't ever use just for the sake of showing off that you have them... Gotta have a passion, I guess. I would like to just have some relatively inexpensive reliability.

Anywho...

The Fight Pads are supposedly Third Party licensed by Nintendo, and come in several Nintendo character themes. They wire into Wiimotes so you do technically need batteries to use them, but I still can't imagine that nobody is buying them. Espessialy someone with pockets as deep as yours, but I can't find anyone who has used them for any significant period of time. What do you know about them?

Last edited:

Synnett

Alligator Lord
It would seem you've spent around $1700 on a plethora of controllers you probably won't ever use just for the sake of showing off that you have them... Gotta have a passion, I guess. I would like to just have some relatively inexpensive reliability.
<3
Anywho...

The Fight Pads are supposedly Third Party licensed by Nintendo, and come in several Nintendo character themes. They wire into Wiimotes so you do technically need batteries to use them, but I still can't imagine that nobody is buying them. Espessialy someone with pockets as deep as yours, but I can't find anyone who has used them for any significant period of time. What do you know about them?
I have one, the metal Mario one, and it's absolute poopoo. It basically feels like a third party controller lol. You don't expect quality when buying those. The buttons are stiff, the triggers are really bad and so are the sticks.

There's a thing tho; they are super pretty. I would go for a boxed set if I was you, the box art is neat. Also they don't seem to be too expensive right now, only $25 on pdp's website. (the manufacturer) But it's up to you - I'm personally not buying anything that doesn't have the Gamecube plug on it. (otherwise it never ends oof) That's a good collection to start tbh.

Mario, Metal Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Toad, Peach, Yoshi, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Link, Wario are all the variants I believe. You can find most of them on their website: http://pdp.com/en/shop/controllers/

Here's an unboxing video if you want more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQq11gclNJ8

Top Bottom