• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GALVESTON COUNTY, TX SMASH (4) info thread

LionKeith

Smash Rookie
Hey all!

I notice there is no thread for developing and organizing a Galveston smash scene. The purpose of this thread is to allow players in the area to easily be integrated into the scene. The success of the San Antonio smash 4 group has inspired me to try it in the Galveston county area. This thread will serve as a repository for Galveston smash. It is focused on smash 4, but I will record any information that pertains to the Galveston smash scene, including links for the other entries in the franchise.

I will edit the op and integrate the scattered threads shortly. Until then, please post any information that is relevant.

Galveston County Smash FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalvestonSmash/

Other useful FB groups:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/HoustonSmashbros4/

Repeating Galveston County tournaments:

Feel free to contact me with any questions! Please refer any Galveston area smash players you know of! We want to get our scene off the ground as fast as possible!

Last edited:

LionKeith

Smash Rookie
The Houston thread covers every city near and below the city of Houston.

Galveston
Alvin
Santa Fe
Pearl and
Sugar land
Pasadena
Katy
And more.....

www.smashboards.com/threads/houston-thread-texas-showdown-is-may-8-10-2015.344694/

True, but it also caters to people everywhere around the city, which can be a very long drive if you are on or near Galveston island. In general, it can take 45min-2hrs to get to Houston much more for katy or sugarland, which makes playing frequent local games prohibitive. Im trying to develop a local scene where anyone in Galveston county can find players within a 20-30 min drive. Thanks for the link, though!

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
I dig it. Galveston deserves a scene of it's own. I'm from Houston but if you all ever need any help, like hosting your stream on my channel and more, just let me know!

LionKeith

Smash Rookie
I dig it. Galveston deserves a scene of it's own. I'm from Houston but if you all ever need any help, like hosting your stream on my channel and more, just let me know!
Thanks for the support! You could start by joining our FB page and referring anyone you know who is in the Galveston area! I know the players exist out here, I just have to find them.

Jackson Fall

Smash Rookie
NNID
JacksonFall
3DS FC
0705-4028-9564
Switch FC
SW-2751-5376-7899
This is good news to me. I live in League City so Galveston is a closer to me than Houston. Color me interested.

Top Bottom