• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Galaga's Thread - SJS CSPs w/o Color Bars (12/31/13)

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Hey guys, been a while since I've posted anything worth a damn so I figured I'd upload some stuff I've been working on. I'm working on a small little B+ side project and part of it is making CSPs based on the SSB4 artwork. Progress is slow but going. Anyways, the onIy ones have done so far are Mario and DK CSPs so I figured I'd post them! Let me know if you guys like them! (BTW, they don't actually have that white border around them, MediaFire adds that for some reason)

12/31/13: Put together a char_bust_tex_lz77.pac that includes all of SJS's CSPs w/o the color bars:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fs0pb1maof15310/char_bust_tex_lz77.pac

UPDATE 12/12/13: Put together a char_bust_tex_lz77.pac that removes all the color bars introduced in Project M 3.0. Download
Preview and install instructions:

Install instructions: Open your common5.pac, navigate to sel_character_en -> char_bust_tex_lz77.pac. Right click char_bust_tex_lz77.pac and click replace. Replace the char_bust_tex_lz77.pac with the provided char_bust_tex_lz77.pac.

Before:

After:

UPDATE 8/13/13: Added Bowser!
Bowser: Download

UPDATE 8/11/13: Vibrant Colors Added + Black and White Fix for Mario!

UPDATE 8/9/13: Added Luigi!

Luigi: Download

UPDATE 8/8/13: Added Link!

Link: Download

*Dark Link Not Final

Mario (Updated 8/11/13): Download
NOTE: If you installed the original Mario pack, please overwrite the default colors because they may not line up properly!

DK: Download

Other Stuff (Not SSB4 CSPs)

Vibrant Jiggs cBliss Pack: Link

Mirage Lucas: BV Link

Last edited:

210stuna

Smash Lord
What a beautiful thread, and nobody has posted in it yet.

Well I downloaded Link to check it out, and I leave satisfied.

Question though, will you also be working on character textures to resemble the Smash 4 characters to match your CSPs?
You know to make them more...Vibrant.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
What a beautiful thread, and nobody has posted it in.

Well I downloaded Link to check it out, and I leave satisfied.

Question though, will you also be working on character textures to resemble the Smash 4 characters to match your CSPs?
You know to make them more...Vibrant.
Glad you like them!

No plans to at the moment, plenty of people already doing that over at BrawlVault. Speaking of Vibrant... I may actually do CSPs of Shun_One's Vibrant packs after I'm done with all of the default colors. I might also do SSB4 CSPs for the Uniform Team Color Project.

Looking gud
Why thank you sir.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Speaking of Vibrant... I may actually do CSPs of Shun_One's Vibrant packs after I'm done with all of the default colors. I might also do SSB4 CSPs for the Uniform Team Color Project
I'm glad you caught that.
That's great to hear too. I'll be waiting for the updates patiently then!

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
I actually just put your Link and DK CSPs on even though I am using Shun_ones beautiful vibrant pack.
WHY ARENT YOU USING MARIO TOO ADFASDGDAGVWREANHIKAKNLANKDSFBFDNKJFNKGDESAIK

jk lol

Glad to hear you're using them.

BTW, just uploaded Luigi!

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
WHY ARENT YOU USING MARIO TOO ADFASDGDAGVWREANHIKAKNLANKDSFBFDNKJFNKGDESAIK

jk lol

Glad to hear you're using them.

BTW, just uploaded Luigi!
I am not using mario because I am using Shun Ones Mario CSPs for the Doctor Mario, and I want them all to look the same, I am using your DK ones though, and soon Luigi.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
I am not using mario because I am using Shun Ones Mario CSPs for the Doctor Mario, and I want them all to look the same, I am using your DK ones though, and soon Luigi.
Was totally kidding dude; use whatever you need. It's actually probably a good thing you didn't because I actually messed up one of Mario's pretty badly... I made the Black Mario's hat white instead of Black :laugh:

Be sure to check back tomorrow, should have that fixed and Bowser should be up by tomorrow night!

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Mario's Black and White CSP has been fixed. I figured since I was going back to fix that I'd go ahead and do a few more and made Vibrant CSPs for Mario!

210stuna

Smash Lord
Dat Luigi pose.

I really would like if you did more CSPs posses that reflected their personalities rather than be all bland/formal.
Will anymore be like Weegee's in that sense?

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Dat Luigi pose.

I really would like if you did more CSPs posses that reflected their personalities rather than be all bland/formal.
Will anymore be like Weegee's in that sense?
I'm just taking the official SSB4 artwork that's been released, recoloring them and re-sizing them to be used in SSBB. Nintendo's making the poses, not me.

After I'm done with the CSPs and BPs for the 14 characters that've been confirmed for SSB4 (Yeah I'm gonna do WFT, MegaMan, and Villager; they're being used for another project of mine which may or may not be released), I may go and do some personal CSPs and make my own style like SJS has done with his CSPs. Probably won't see that for a while though (if I do it at all).

Also, sorry guys but Bowser probably won't be up tonight... May be released very late tonight, he's been a bit more difficult than I anticipated.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Bowser's finally up. This was such a pain in the ass to do, but it's done. Did Vibrants too so I don't ever have to go back to this set :laugh:.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Sorry for the lack of updates lately, been working hard with the rest of the PMCE team to get you guys a build soon (hopefully) !. Expect either Pit or Fox CSPs done this weekend.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Will you be doing anymore Mirage textures?

Not to get you off track, but you're like the 2nd coming of Shun when it comes to colors & what not. Even if you used his Vibrant Lucas you pulled off the right colors better than most of what they have so far.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Will you be doing anymore Mirage textures?

Not to get you off track, but you're like the 2nd coming of Shun when it comes to colors & what not. Even if you used his Vibrant Lucas you pulled off the right colors better than most of what they have so far.
I really don't know yet. I really only did Mirage Lucas because I needed a purple texture for PMCE :laugh:. The picture in this thread is the one being used for PMCE, the other picture on BV is the "true" Mirage Lucas.

Thanks man, means a lot. Shun is definitely better at making textures than I am though, trust me.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Helloooooooooooo Galaga!

How have you been since the Great Attack on Smashboards?
What's the scoop dude?
Not a lot unfortunately, mostly doing work on PM:CE. Won't see much more original work from me until that's done. Get hype for that, the release for the PMCE package I've been doing a lot of work on shouldn't take too much longer.
SSB4 CSPs are definitely on hold for now.
Good to be back on SmashBoards though. Good to be back for sure.

Also, #RoysOurBoy

210stuna

Smash Lord
We meet again Galaga!

How have you been and how's your work so far?

Question: Are your CSP's in this thread going to be used in harmony with Shun/Taiko's "Smash 3 Project"?

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
We meet again Galaga!

How have you been and how's your work so far?

Question: Are your CSP's in this thread going to be used in harmony with Shun/Taiko's "Smash 3 Project"?
I have quite a bit planned to be released relatively soon. This thread will be updated as soon as I have a new release,

Nope, My CSPs are not being used for Smash 3. Smash 3 is meant to be more of an evolution of Brawl, it's not trying to be SSB4.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Nope, My CSPs are not being used for Smash 3. Smash 3 is meant to be more of an evolution of Brawl, it's not trying to be SSB4.
Do you use these CSPs in your own personal build? Do you plan on releasing textures to compliment them?

Are you telling me with characters like Mario in "Smash 3" if I downloaded him I might want to use your CSPs instead and that wouldn't make sense?

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Do you use these CSPs in your own personal build? Do you plan on releasing textures to compliment them?

Are you telling me with characters like Mario in "Smash 3" if I downloaded him I might want to use your CSPs instead and that wouldn't make sense?
I was originally going to use these textures for a small project I was gonna do that would've been a sort of "fake" demo of SSB4. However this idea has been cancelled. Eventually I will get back to doing SSB4 CSPs though, but won't be until my involvement with my current projects starts wrapping up.

If you want to use my CSPs with Smash 3, go right ahead (even though I don't think my CSPs have enough recolors to be used for Smash 3 entirely). However as I said before, Smash 3 is not trying to be SSB4.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Guess I should post this here too hehehehe

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Well it's been a while since I've posted here, thought I'd give a small update! As many of you know, I'm waiting until 3.0 to release anything new whether it be Smash 3 related, fixing PMCE, or something else. Speaking of something else, I think now's a good time to reveal my next plan, a Melee pack! I'm looking to revert most of the models back to how they look in original melee, with the addition of changing up most of Brawl newcomers to reflect how they would look in Melee (If cBliss works at all, I'll put Vibrant textures in the pack too). I already compiled most of the Melee vets with their original CSPs, and I'm working to find good Melee-esqe models/textures for the Brawl newcomers and giving them new recolors, BPs, and Melee styled CSPs. To give an example, I've taken ShadowLuigi-NG-'s Modern Wario texture (since it seems to fit well with the Melee aesthetic I'm going for pretty well) and given it some nice recolors and BPs/CSPs. Here's a preview (not necessarily final):

Hope you guys are as hype as I am for 3.0, should be good!

210stuna

Smash Lord
I like this idea.

What if y'all did a Melee PMCE?

That would be dope with all these textures already out there, stage expansion, and SFX (RSBE), etc;

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
I like this idea.

What if y'all did a Melee PMCE?

That would be dope with all these textures already out there, stage expansion, and SFX (RSBE), etc;
The idea of putting Melee models into PMCE is something I've had in mind for quite a while actually. It was actually my original idea for the tournament pack, however if I'm remembering correctly, Nausicaa had said that he didn't want to use model swaps for PMCE so I went looking for stuff that wasn't model swaps (aka textures only). Expect Melee stuff int the PMCE re-release for sure. And yeah, assuming the stage expansion and Amazerommu's SFX work with 3.0 I'll be sure to include them! I'm also doing some edits to the menus/CSS/SSS to make them more... melee.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Well ACE seem to have broken cBliss... Look like if I want to do the Melee pack I'm gonna need to replace the default skins with Melee models (which I didn't want to do) :( . Anyways, I did a Melee CSS, still unfinished (you'll see I still have some SJS icons on there), but you guys get the idea! Should be out later this week.

MVP

Smash Ace
Well ACE seem to have broken cBliss... Look like if I want to do the Melee pack I'm gonna need to replace the default skins with Melee models (which I didn't want to do) :( . Anyways, I did a Melee CSS, still unfinished (you'll see I still have some SJS icons on there), but you guys get the idea! Should be out later this week.

YES PLEASE! :D

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
I don't notice SJS's CSP's.

All I see is a big blue smiley face in the middle

OT: Looks good though
SJS icnos are on Wolf, DDD, Ike, ROB, Toon Link, Snake, and Lucario. Those definitely need to be swapped out, needs more Melee!

How come whenever I have texture problems it's always Squirtle?

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Put together a char_bust_tex_lz77.pac with all the color bars introduced for CSPs in PM 3.0 removed. Don't know if it's been done already, but I did it anyways!

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Like you know how with 3.0 that color bar on the csps below the names and changes as you cycle through recolors? I removed it from all the CSPs.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Oh okay, I'm assuming the caution signs on some players are still there.

And yeah, that's what I was guessing. I was referring to your last post before that one ^^

Put together a char_bust_tex_lz77.pac with all the color bars introduced for CSPs in PM 3.0. Don't know if it's been done already, but I did it anyways!
Don't you mean without? Haha

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Whoops, I did mean without! hahaha

And I actually may have removed those warning signs, I can't remember. I'll double check when I get back to my PC.

EDIT: Yeah, I removed the warning signs for the alt costumes.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Hi guys, unfortunately I will be taking (what is hopefully) a temporary hiatus from the smash community. I'm scheduled for a major surgery tomorrow morning (12/19) and I won't be out of the hospital for at least 2-3 weeks and will still be recovering for a few weeks after I leave the hospital, so I doubt I'd jump right back into modding. In my absence, I hope you all enjoy PM 3.0 along with all the work I've put into my thread, PMCE, and Smash 3. Hopefully I'll have a quick recovery and I'll back to making quality content for you guys!

Top Bottom