• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Smashfest 4-10-09

OverLade

Smash Hero
Similarly to the smashfest yesterday/this morning there will be another smashfest on Friday as practice for the Tally tournament. Not sure of the location yet, as it may not be at my bros apartment this time. It'd be cool if we could get some Orlando this time.

Likely Attendance List
1. Redhalberd
2. Mampam
3. Masky
4. Darktemplio
5. Godmeowmix
6. Publix
7. Bad?
8. Ryo/God
9. Arctic
10. Outlaw
11. Crazy Cuban
12. Bino
13. ZOM B
14. more Gville people?

Last time we got about 15 people, so hopefully this time we can get 20+

Setups

Wiis
1. Redhal
2. Outlaw
3. Lio
4. Arctic
5. Arctic

TVs
1. Redhal
2. Arctic
3. Arctic

OverLade

Smash Hero
Alright sounds good.

If you and Ryo can come over we can upload all the videos.

If you're open tomorrow we can do it. =D

OverLade

Smash Hero
You can come if you want =D

But I wanted it simply to get all the vids on youtube.

And mabye play a few matches of brawl....AND 300 HOURS OF MELEE.

Saiya

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone. I'd be interested in attending this.
However, I see that you haven't chosen a location just yet. My suggestion would have to be UF's Gamer's Society of Cyber Athletics. >_> It runs every Friday night, which happens to coincide with this event. Benefits include: 1) All the rooms you could possibly want. 2) All the projectors you could possibly want. 3) I nice handful of great, underrated players.
But yeah, that's just a suggestion. Keep us posted on where you choose. :)

And shoutout to my boy mampam!

OverLade

Smash Hero
I've never heard of this place....

If Lio/Masky/otherUFpeople could get some information on it, that'd be awesome.

Once again I'm not organizing this, so it's beyond my control. Sounds like a sweet deal though.

And Melee Marth is so much win.

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
i'd show up to this, but i'm SUPER broke right now (and wouldn't be able to go to both Tally and this)

i'll talk to some people to see if they're interested, even tho i wouldn't be able to help them out that much with gas and stuff

why would gamer's use projectors? lagggg and bad quality/other prob's for the most part

lol, "Halzy" -- we should play some more melee; Falcon is where it's at tho ;)

OverLade

Smash Hero
I hear for the most part projectors dont lag, but yeah they don't exactly look the best...

And yes, Melee is mad win. As soon as I learn to L cancel I wont get 3 stocked. =D

I can't wait to get better and play a game that isn't....gay XD.

Saiya

Smash Cadet
1. Not enough setups (3 iirc)
2. Setups all use projectors which lag horribly (from personal experience at this place)
3. An annoying guy in charge who thinks smash tournaments are illegal gambling
4. Everyone is required to leave at 11 pm
lol, is that why you never came back? Sounds like a john to me. =P

But I have to disagree. There are plenty of setups. Every room down the hall is available for a setup. There just weren't that many the times you came because no one would bring their wiis. But people are more than welcome to bring tvs to hook up in the rooms if they please. We did that a few times back in the day for Melee. Bringing tvs would also fix up the lag issue. Overall though, I don't think the projectors lag much, with the exception of maybe one. But if you're used to wifing, then the projector lag is nothing.
As for Donnell, he barely even comes anymore. Besides, I thought you'd be appreciateive after the nice piece of gum he gave you as your reward for winning the low-tier tourney, heh.
And in regards to leaving at 11pm, wouldn't that be a good thing since everyone has to leave early the next day for Talley anyway?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Wait I dont think this smashfest will be at my bros apartment. It might be at Arctics house or something.

OverLade

Smash Hero
It's happening at Arctic the fox players house.

He lives in a neighborhood called "the reflection" or some ****.

We're pretty confused ourselves, but we're pretty sure it's still gonna happen. We dont have his phone number or anything, so we dont have any details....

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
It's happening at Arctic the fox players house.

He lives in a neighborhood called "the reflection" or some ****.

We're pretty confused ourselves, but we're pretty sure it's still gonna happen. We dont have his phone number or anything, so we dont have any details....
That's Reflection Apartments. It's on Tower Road (SW 75th St.). It's west of I75. If you take Newberry to Tower Road, you head south. If you take Archer to Tower Road, you head north. Hopefully this helps some of you.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
RedH you should edit the 1st page and make it a little more organized so hopefully CFL will still come and maybe people close to Gville.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I tried hard to be organized with it but my brother was all sketchy about it. It was a while before we even knew what was going on and people still arent showing up.....

Theyre on their way apparnetly tho.

We have 3 setups and more are on the way right now.

Top Bottom