• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GAH! The Meta Ridley trophy is so hard to get!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Give yourself a massive trophy stand drop enhancer and play on a high difficulty. This way you'll have very good chances of getting a trophy stand. When you play the level you should also play as fast fallers, as when you turn him into a trophy it falls into the pit and you have to catch it in midair. Yeah, this is definitley not easy, so don't feel bad if it takes you a while to get him.

paper otavio

Smash Journeyman
What characters fall fast?
I usually pick Ness, Captain Falcon, Charizard/Dedede, and Ike...
I'll try Fox.....
I knew about the high dificulty and the drop+ stickers before though.......
I only had a problem in catching the trophy. :/

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
What characters fall fast?
I usually pick Ness, Captain Falcon, Charizard/Dedede, and Ike...
I'll try Fox.....
I knew about the high dificulty and the drop+ stickers before though.......
I only had a problem in catching the trophy. :/
Falco Drops Real Fast man...

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Go on intense, with everyone you use with Big Boss stickers. Use Charizard and spam Side-B until low health, then use fair and flame thrower to whittle down some more. Camp until you see a trophy stand, pick it up, then wait until Meta ridley uses his large fire ball attack. Throw from underneath, and the trophy lands safely on teh ship. Congrats.

giantpune

Smash Cadet
The way I got it was just repetition. Like everybody says; BIG trophy stand drop sticker and play on intense. Here's my advise- abuse the "checkpoint" system in the game. Your progress is saved every time you make it to a new "room" in the level.

All you have to do is make it to the Meta Ridley fight, then you can die and you start at Meta Ridley with all of your lives. What this means is that for your first character, use a strong, fast character with stickers to help take down Ridley's HP. Do this as fast as possible. When his HP is low enough, kill yourself. Now with your second character (with the high trophy stand drops), just dodge his attacks and wait for a stand to appear. When you finally get one, wait until he is above the ship to throw it. If you don't get a chance to nail him over the ship, DON'T TRY. If you don't finish him off, you just run out of time and get try again with all your lives.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
I have done this before, and the easiest way, yet riskiest way, is to lower his HP with who you like, such as Fox's reflector on his little fireballs. then wait until the sign that he is going to to that attack where
he falls straight onto you so you can get the trophy ON the ship. But throw the trophy stand when he starts going up. It should be yours then.

Aura_Fear

Smash Cadet
It sucks because if you try to throw a trophy stand while Meta Ridley isn't moving (not in mid-attack) then the trophy falls off of the stage. Try throwing the stand while Ridley is moving from the right side of the stage to the left so the trophy doesn't fall.

randomselect

Smash Cadet
If you can't get the trophy to get ONTO the ship you will need to be Falco of Fox because they are very fast fallers. Stay close to the edge but don't fall off. You'll need a few tries to get it probably.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
i remember when i got iot i was so relieved and i showed my friend a pic and he attempted to strangle me

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Go on intense, with everyone you use with Big Boss stickers. Use Charizard and spam Side-B until low health, then use fair and flame thrower to whittle down some more. Camp until you see a trophy stand, pick it up, then wait until Meta ridley uses his large fire ball attack. Throw from underneath, and the trophy lands safely on teh ship. Congrats.
That's sounds A WHOLE LOT easier than it actually is.

Lulzalot

Smash Rookie
You can try throwing it at him while he's directly above the ship. He goes above it before swiping at you.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Really, Meta Ridley trophy is hard to get if you don't have a plan. Mine was to whittle him down to low health, wait for a trophy stand, get it, and wait for him to fly above the ship. Outside of the fact that I got it last second, I had no real trouble.

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
The way I got it was just repetition. Like everybody says; BIG trophy stand drop sticker and play on intense. Here's my advise- abuse the "checkpoint" system in the game. Your progress is saved every time you make it to a new "room" in the level.

All you have to do is make it to the Meta Ridley fight, then you can die and you start at Meta Ridley with all of your lives. What this means is that for your first character, use a strong, fast character with stickers to help take down Ridley's HP. Do this as fast as possible. When his HP is low enough, kill yourself. Now with your second character (with the high trophy stand drops), just dodge his attacks and wait for a stand to appear. When you finally get one, wait until he is above the ship to throw it. If you don't get a chance to nail him over the ship, DON'T TRY. If you don't finish him off, you just run out of time and get try again with all your lives.
This. Also, if you're ******** like me and can't time stand tosses, stand in the middle of the ship and just spam up tossing the trophy stand. You can catch it in the air to keep it from disappearing, and Ridley's ridiculously large hurtbox means that if he flies across the stage, he's nearly guaranteed to be hit by it.

D1RE

Smash Cadet
I got it yesterday. ^^
I'll never have to beat the sucker again.

On topic: Go to youtube for a visual demonstration of when to throw the stand. My advice, don't do it unless you know you'll be able to catch the trophy. I Ony managed to have the trophy land on the falcon flyer the 6th time I trophified (?) him.

Slasherx

Smash Ace
Use sticker to increased your chances, same with difficulty.
I used Fox and got it pretty quick.
Just remember never to kill him or else you have to start the level over,
even dying doesn't matter with infinite continued.

Top Bottom