• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaburaisu/Gachomp EV´s

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Well hopefully there´s anyone here who are kind of experienced with EV´s, and I would like some help with the EV´s for a Jolly Gaburaisu,

Gaburaisu/Gachomp
Jolly (+spd -satk)
@Leftovers (any suggestions for better items?)
SD
EQ
The 80% 100pwr High CH rock move
Probably Dragon Claw/suggestions

What I´ve here is kind of the moveset, and I don´t really feel like maxxing out the spd, and attack since I want to take some hits, I have a guess that I would go for 338 HP and 250 Def, but any suggestions is considered (no not 252 atk, 252 spd :p)

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
You could go with either Life Orb or a Lum berry if you want a different item. Personally, if I was running a SD Gabby, I would just max atk and spd. Honestly, this thing is a freaking beast. The only hits it should be taking anyway are the hits it needs to take to set up. After that it's sweep-mania. If you start to take away from atk or spd too much, I think you'll find it won't be able to do its job as well. I mean, look at the advanced sweepers.... a lot of them usually just max their attacking stat and get enough spd to outspeed as many things as possible, throwing the rest into HP or something. Gabby is a standard fast sweeper. Considering you probably don't have perfect IVs, you're gonna need to max both your atk and spd to get the most out of them.

Btw, Fire punch hits skarm a lot harder than Stone Edge, and its a good deal more accurate. In fact, max atk jolly gabby SEdge 3HKOs (max 44%) skarm after a SD, whereas FireP will 2HKO (min 56%). Even if you got the Crit with SEdge, you still wouldn't kill skarm.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
If you really insist on breeding for perfect IVs, then 242 is the magic number to outspeed base 100s, no matter the nature. You could just go with 300, which I believe would be 132 EVs, beating the non +Spd base 100s. If by "taking some hits", you're implying anything that begins with "ice", then no. Don't bother. As leafgreen said, Garchomp isn't built to take hits. It's sweepalicious :) Abuse that. After you add the Spd, I'd just pour the rest into Attack, then leftovers in HP.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Hmm, a problem is that I know the most Gaburaisu uses that ev placement, and then I know it won´t outspeed other Gabu´s since most people kinda get satisfied only with max speed
IV´s (same stats makes it just random), so even if I would go for that it´s no guarantie that I´ll hit first (ok, a free SD on a switch in). I was thinking about going for 338 HP and 200 s.def 314 spd (since I´ve come up with one with IV´ all above 20 (exept HP)
I guess I´ll go for Fire punch then...

Might test one 252,252,4 when I got one with perfect IV´s in spd and atk,

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
The problem I see with so much emphasis on survival is that you might need an extra SD to pack that extra punch, especially with Jolly. 314's also kinda an awkward number to float at, since the only things more you'll be beating than with 300 speed are not +Spd base 105s. I can't name all of them off of the top of my head, but I think the only viable ones are... Electabuzz and Manectric both of whom will always be +Spd because the only reason they might actually see standard play is for Garchomp.

As for breeding perfect IVs, if you have Emerald, where Ditto is insanely common, try finding some with 31s in Atk and Spd, and then breeding for a nice Garchomp. Walking 10k+ steps only to hatch a failure isn't my idea of fun.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Ok how are Gabu supposed to learn FP, since I checked serebii and it only learns fire fang ..

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
=/

Evidently I read that wrong. 718 atk gabby (359 after a SD) still does 49-57% to max HP/Def skarm with fire fang, whereas it'll only do 37-44% with SEdge (72-85% with a CH). Fire Fang is still superior to SEdge.

Top Bottom