• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GA smash Fridays

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Alright, so I just got a call from Jamaal talking about how we should all get together and try to practice smash on Fridays. I think this is a really good idea.

It doesn't have to be the same people everytime, we can get a designated place to play and just play there for 5 or 6 hours every Friday.

Now this will not star this Friday, but next Friday.

It will most likely be at Jamaal's house, or somewhere else FREE.

This is for Melee AND Brawl, and any other game you'd like to bring along *salt party anyone?*

Try to bring other players, that are new to the community. This is a good opportunity to introduce them to the "regulars" in the community.

Have fun....!

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Unless its somewhere close like Warner Robins or i dont have Saturday Practice (or swim meet) count me out >_>

Albany Crew made its presence known at The Halloween tourney..at least the melee people did <_<

T3h Albino

Smash Master
That's alright.

Maybe you guys can come up the night before a large tourney, and just crash here until the day of the tourney.
^_^

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I would come to these. I definitely would. I would offer my house as a venue, but we're having work done, and the two ten-year olds would rot your brains out with ******** arguments and loud noises.

I have a friend who would really like to get more into the community, but doesn't know where to start. This would be perfect for him.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I also talked to Jamaal earlier today. I told him that SPSU would be a really good option. Depending on the amount of people, we can be in my dorm (small, 3-5 people), my friend's apartment (medium, 6-9 people), or the community center (large, can fit 20+). And yes, it's free.

The community center would be the best, even for a medium attendance. There are already 5 TVs there for us to use (I think). However, I have to contact my friend who is an RA and he can give us access to the community center. I will contact him before the week is over. One problem might be that my friend doesn't have ANY access to the community center on Fridays, but I will talk to him to see if we can work anything out if that is the case.

For food, you can go to the cafeteria for an all-you-can-eat meal, but it is pretty expensive (around $8). There are also plenty of fast food places nearby.

Me, Biglou, Rakyu, and Archaic all go to SPSU, so it would be really convenient for people to travel here. We also have a few other really solid players. Ovonte is a Samus player and got 7th at the Halloween Bash. Ron (my friend that's an RA), has a pretty good Falco... he can waveshine and stuff. He goes even with me and usually beats Ovonte. DashDanceDan is also in Marietta and he comes to SPSU every so often. Tubes is about 30 minutes away but he still tries to come once a week to play with us. Although I am talking about Melee, Biglou would gladly play Brawl with all of you scrubs and Rayku probably would too.

SPSU is in the Marietta/Smyrna area. It's about 30-45 minutes from Waba.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Man i love GA...we have a gaming club so i usually get wrecked in between classes by loudjohn(marth) and IH(link)..everyone on campus that plays brawl doesnt like me lol. They have started playing brawl plus now so i went ahead and downloaded it because they are holding a B+ tourney and guess who is gonna win it with snake :p(his recovery sucks now)

Alby thanks for the hospitality :-D

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Sounds great I as well talked to Jamaal and I'd be happy to play with people.

We can probably get the student center too if we set up some tvs there, especially on Friday when no one is there.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Sounds great I as well talked to Jamaal and I'd be happy to play with people.

We can probably get the student center too if we set up some tvs there, especially on Friday when no one is there.
yeah that could work. the student center closes around 10 I believe. I still think the community center would be the best since the TVs are already there for us to use. Ron told me that I have to contact some girl about it but whatever.

Zip.

Smash Lord
lol.
id come to these if i had a ride. i'll try to find one i guess.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
i don't think you guys should smash with Albino, as he is awful and a traitor. discuss.
Never gonna live it down.

I am dying of laughter.
v_v

I am dying of truth.
v_________________v

SPSU sounds pretty good to me. It's not TOO far from me and my sorrounding area. (Lawrencvilles, Snellville, Stone Mountain) Now we just have to wait for a specific area where we can play. This community center sounds promising though. =]

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
lol what exactly did you do this time, Alby?
He very well ruined mafia...

It was fun, too. I was a villager, and he was all, "I CHECKED YIFF LAST NIGHT AND HE'S A MAFIA MEMBER, MWAHAHA!" And I was all, "Sadface." And everyone else was like, "He's the spy, why would he lie?" And BAM. First round, I'm gone.

He's a cool guy, though.

If it's SPSU, then who's willing to give me a ride?

Purple

Hi guys!
alby made village lose by being an idiot.

and on top of that. rayku one of the few well known ga players geting out of pools. and on the verge of beating someone who originally 0-2'd him in a previous set. Was down-talked by alby mid match when everyone for georgia cheered him on.

Note, that no one from florida even wanted to speak up to me because my obnoxiously loud level of trash talking, and then when alby stepped up seibrik and nick riddle joined in talking trash.

How long would you be able to stay yiff, and we're here to seriously train. These aren't some god **** friendlies.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman

and on top of that. rayku one of the few well known ga players geting out of pools. and on the verge of beating someone who originally 0-2'd him in a previous set. Was down-talked by alby mid match when everyone for georgia cheered him on.

Note, that no one from florida even wanted to speak up to me because my obnoxiously loud level of trash talking, and then when alby stepped up seibrik and nick riddle joined in talking trash.

How long would you be able to stay yiff, and we're here to seriously train. These aren't some god **** friendlies.
I have bowling on Saturday mornings, so I could leave whenever and I could stay till about...before 9 on Saturday Morning. XD Basically no limit.

And I know, here to train. I'm going to focus more on Shiek than Kirby.

I actually was thinking about applying to SPSU.

T3h Albino

Smash Master

Grr, I told you RJ nodded and said he was the mafia >:O
Uhh I'm also the motha ****in doctor.
And uhhh.....I coulda sworn Nick and Seibrik were talking **** even before I jumped in, but I guess i could be wrong...

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I have bowling on Saturday mornings, so I could leave whenever and I could stay till about...before 9 on Saturday Morning. XD Basically no limit.

And I know, here to train. I'm going to focus more on Shiek than Kirby.

I actually was thinking about applying to SPSU.
SPSU is really hard. If you don't like studying 8+ hours a day, then you don't want to go to SPSU.

Purple

Hi guys!
err... i personally don't. but seibrik did since he hand made them, he also posted them, with that and with the results you can get full brackets

seriously guys we need to be straight training, no mario party bs, all training guys >:x

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I meditate 3 hours prior to playing Mario Party 4. This increases my mindgames and techskill 120 fold. Both of which are needed for any smash player.

So I have to agree with Rayku.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
SPSU is really hard. If you don't like studying 8+ hours a day, then you don't want to go to SPSU.
It ain't Tech, Broham. You guys have it easy. Trust me. ;)

As always, I would be up for this. However, there comes that "Who's giving me a ride there" issue and the possibility that there may not be any public trans. nearby. So, I need to know where it would be first off...

Rayku

Smash Lord
It ain't Tech, Broham. You guys have it easy. Trust me. ;)
Shut up Kazoo. Seriously. That kind of elitist behavior is the only reason I -don't- want to go to Tech, and the reason most of my friends that go there are no longer my friends.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I meditate 3 hours prior to playing Mario Party 4. This increases my mindgames and techskill 120 fold. Both of which are needed for any smash player.

So I have to agree with Rayku.
i lol'd!

Big Lou has taught you well.

Top Bottom