• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GA PR: Finally, Panelists.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I don't think marty would deliberately cause problems for any reason.
Apparently you are mistaken. My concern is not that Marty would cause problems or try to cause problems.

Simply put I haven't heard Marty say a positive thing about Smash Melee in almost a year now, and that's nothing but the truth.

I'm just pointing out the fact that electing him to a position that affects the status of people who still play the game is functionally ********. It works just fine but there are plenty of people out there that I'm sure would have no problem going much more in depth into analysis than someone who seemingly hates the game. That's all I'm saying.

EDIT: To clarify, I think Marty is more than capable of being on the panel. I was just under the impression that he didn't like Smash Brothers.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Apparently you are mistaken. My concern is not that Marty would cause problems or try to cause problems.

Simply put I haven't heard Marty say a positive thing about Smash Melee in almost a year now, and that's nothing but the truth.

I'm just pointing out the fact that electing him to a position that affects the status of people who still play the game is functionally ********. It works just fine but there are plenty of people out there that I'm sure would have no problem going much more in depth into analysis than someone who seemingly hates the game. That's all I'm saying.

EDIT: To clarify, I think Marty is more than capable of being on the panel. I was just under the impression that he didn't like Smash Brothers.
Yeah, it's sort of like voting for a presidential candidate that openly hates his country, it doesn't make much sense.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
lmao i get it now
you guys are here to perpetuate the legend of ga melee pr whining

the pr isn't even up and people are whining about positions

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
we should be taking it better.

and yes, i agree, but it's only after the voting is done that these opinions were voiced.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
this has nothing to do with not voting, this is about rayku constantly pestering the thread to man up and make a decision when he refused to help himself. then he posts in the thread with "GAWes for panelist" which infuriates me to no end because as soon as the work is done he decides he wants to voice an opinion like he was being helpful in the first place.
lol this pattern seen before 22 posts into xif's melee pr
"good job xif thanks for FINALLY listening to me"

anyway, issues i have are that
2) marty doesn't like the game.
Yeah, it's sort of like voting for a presidential candidate that openly hates his country, it doesn't make much sense.

i got dis

Marty said:
i would like to be a panelist, if anything, JUST to get the **** done. everyone knows i will be to the point and un-biased. i'm already at every tournament anyway for teams, so why the Hell not?
Marty said:
that's been my plan all along. so, let's get this done. even though i don't like playing Smash in singles competitively, that has nothing to do with deciding a PR list. i don't even see what the two have to do with each other, to be honest...
Marty said:
this is truly ridiculous. i don't know why GA is the only state, it seems, that has these issues. i already told everyone i would do it, and everyone knows that i will get it done and be completely unbiased about it. i don't know what the holdup is.
MARTY THINKS BEING ON THE PR IS FUN
case closed

Rayku

Smash Lord
Tong seriously, I think my opinion was voiced simply by making the first thread insitgating a PR being made in the first place. I don't even know how you can make fun of me for "not voicing my opinion until just now"

Eugenio

Smash Lord
I remember these opinions being posted weeks before this thread existed, actually.

and no one's whining, I'm just curious as to why exactly Marty would even want to be on the panel of a game he doesn't enjoy playing. The panel will be decided regardless of our posts anyway. The intention of my post was not to complain or argue but to inquire.

Also, I got no problem with Marty either. This is something I would ask him in person while hanging out with him or something

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
well if you want to know why he wants to be on the panel even though he doesn't like smash broz, read the quotes by marty

particularly the 1st and 2nd one

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
@rayku no one is saying you didn't make the GA MELEE PR TOPIC but instead saying that once something is produced (xif's pr, sleepy's panel) you roll along and act like you were instrumental in its making when instead of voting apparently all you wanted to do was make huge paragraphs about how no one was listening to you

no one listens to you because all your posts are just long versions of everyone else's sentiments.. there's nothing new or exciting in them except punctuation and capitalization

WHY DOESN'T A PANEL BE MADE WHY DOESN"T A PANEL EXIST

look everyone WANTS to get a PR done, and no one wants to vote, but as sleepyk realized it's necessary and it's funny because you complain about being the only one who wants anything to be done when actually sleepky is badgering people for votes to get things in motion

news flash: I WANT A PANEL VOTING NOT NECESSARY is not you being a catalyst
sleepy k gathering votes is catalyst

p.s. i have no idea what inspired xif to make his pr who knows you might even have been important

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Seriously why don't the both of you settle this with a melee MM or something lol

/goes to bed

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Seriously why don't the both of you settle this with a melee MM or something lol

/goes to bed
LOL wtf Mike you were supposed to go to bed like 2 hours ago lol
We could've been play smash bros but you "had to leave" because you had to work early.

That's 2 hours of smash!!!!!!111111

@_@

*takes deep breaths*

lol

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion

/goes to bed
This. How I solve all my problems, for sure.

In other news- panelists should check the group board.
Also marty needs to get on smashboards and join the group, since he's been elected as a panelist.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I highly doubt Tong would be willing to accept a money match in Melee or Brawl from me. I don't mind his hatred.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
wtf gerogia got people to stop arguing and decide panelists before the souther benn conservative republican state of alabama and all our kiss *****?

**** man.

Top Bottom