• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GA is unable to make a melee PR thread

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
since GA sucks at a melee PR, here's a list i've compiled that has no particular order, it's just a grouping based on general tournament placings and performance over the past coupla months. highly opinionated while being fair. i probably forgot people in this list already.

please discuss and let's just get this stupid thing done already. after mid tier i kind of stopped thinking about this with any amount of seriousness

Legend Tier
bobby
blake
marty
zach
gawes' beard

Lance Armstrong Tier
GAWes

Litchi's walking animation Tier - inc perm oos

Lambchops
chaddd
xif

That's some good dank tier
fullmetal
s0ft
merc
cornel
sleepyk
dogysamich

Americans at starcraft tier
pb&J
tbag
shag
dashdancedan
Marty
Mike G
omega
Rayku
Desu
Tong
Elliot

Barline Tier
tubes
P3
albino
RJ
Ken
jamaal
bbq
zom~b

Haven't seen an azz like this since... Tier - aka Where U at tier
datman
Alpha
DP
Prac
Carter
Eugene

i'm done, let's do this for real for once.

SleepyK

since GA sucks at a melee PR, here's a list i've compiled that has no particular order, it's just a grouping based on general tournament placings and performance over the past coupla months. highly opinionated while being fair. i probably forgot people in this list already.
l2read chinky. maybe you need to get your eyes unslanted

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
American's At Starcraft tier? Isn't that a little harsh?

Although, The owner of the nexus (old nexus now I guess?) was the best US player back like 5-8 years ago, he got 3rd at one of the World Cyber Games, managing to take a match off of Boxer.

I actually agree with your list almost 100%, I will say that I wonder about putting everyone that's ever played in a tournament on the list. I mean, when was the last time omega or Desu (that brawl butt) even played in a Melee tournament? Other than that looks sharp.

And instead of Litchi's Walk Animation tier (while admittedly pretty beast), I think we can all agree that there is something better in BlazBlue.

Thats right.

You all know him.

Mr. 40 Pack.

BANG SHISHIGAMI

AIR TECH!

BANG DROP E-X!

GREAT SURFACE TENSION!

CHEEEEESSTOOOOO

AND FOR THE FINAL BLOW!......... I CANNOT DO IT!

Purple

Hi guys!
American's At Starcraft tier? Isn't that a little harsh?

Although, The owner of the nexus (old nexus now I guess?) was the best US player back like 5-8 years ago, he got 3rd at one of the World Cyber Games, managing to take a match off of Boxer.

I actually agree with your list almost 100%, I will say that I wonder about putting everyone that's ever played in a tournament on the list. I mean, when was the last time omega or Desu (that brawl butt) even played in a Melee tournament? Other than that looks sharp.

And instead of Litchi's Walk Animation tier (while admittedly pretty beast), I think we can all agree that there is something better in BlazBlue.

Thats right.

You all know him.

Mr. 40 Pack.

BANG SHISHIGAMI

AIR TECH!

BANG DROP E-X!

GREAT SURFACE TENSION!

CHEEEEESSTOOOOO

AND FOR THE FINAL BLOW!......... I CANNOT DO IT!
you're putting litchi under a man?

GA Peach

Smash Lord
I'm always on top, and She likes it that way.
but the list isn't in any real order.
just off the top of my head
****, he beat me to it...

on a serious note, GA probably should come up with a list soon. Or at least, decide on the ****ed panelists.

Xif, how you like Bang more than Litchi is and will always be beyond me...

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
****, he beat me to it...

on a serious note, GA probably should come up with a list soon. Or at least, decide on the ****ed panelists.

Xif, how you like Bang more than Litchi is and will always be beyond me...
I'm pretty sure myself and Sleepy have always been universally accepted Melee PR members.
For a 3rd or 4th... we're looking at
DashDanceDan
DogySamich
Marty
Mike G

Thats all I can remember that was brought up.
I think Chaddd deserves consideration for being a panelist too, he IS our state's top player (who is in fact a full-time GA resident)

I motion that we have a poll of some sorts (yes a popularity contest) to pick our last 1 or 2 PR members.
Then we hammer out the guidelines of what will be considered in the PR.
Then the panelists either chatroom or gather IRL to discuss, and don't leave till we have a list.
I'll keep my personal idea of our top 10 to myself for the moment, because the last few times we tried this it got dragged out into "Everyone list your opinion of the top 10".

A state's PR system is NOT a democracy. It is a democratic republic, you pick the most qualified(or people you like best) individuals to decide the PR, then you have to accept what they come up with.
It is impossible to create an up-to-date PR where everyone will be happy.

Don't like the list? GET SALTY. PRACTICE. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Thats enough ranting from me before we even have a panel. lol

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
this PR is so legit, Marty is in two tiers xD

I'm down to help in whatever way I can. whether its being a panelist or just keeping this **** in check, it's all fine with me.

SleepyK

i agree that chaddd should be a panelist. he makes intelligent posts and clearly has a very good understanding of GA's players.

he just needs to show up more often!
same with mike g.
marty needs to play smash more!

XIF

Smash Master
I wonder if I should even be on the PR list...

I mean, I've been honest with people and I've said that I really don't plan on actively becoming better.

Local tournaments for me only thx.

How could one accept a souless, out of stater such as myself?

SleepyK

once again i don't believe the GA pr should include the semipermanent OOs-ers to begin with because you guys are repping florida.
once again that's mad legit, if i were from GA and i went to school in NY i'd say i was from GA and i repped GA. it's just state pride and support.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I wonder if I should even be on the PR list...

I mean, I've been honest with people and I've said that I really don't plan on actively becoming better.

Local tournaments for me only thx.

How could one accept a souless, out of stater such as myself?
Hahaha XIF sarcasm is poorly communicated through text.:laugh:

SleepyK

imo good panel =
dogy
menthol
chaddd
sleepyk
dan

it's a 5 man panel, yes, but we're all online all the time anyway.
except for mike
and chaddd
and dan

SleepyK

i'd love marty to be panelist but he has the
"hasn't been active in the community seriously in a while"

issue

imo it's very hard to judge player skill if you aren't actively playing your opponents or even watching them. i think it'd be fine if marty just watched matches since he is experienced and intelligent but for the most part he doesn't really care for smash and plays other games, so he's sort of out of the loop.

XIF

Smash Master
i'd love marty to be panelist but he has the
"hasn't been active in the community seriously in a while"

issue

imo it's very hard to judge player skill if you aren't actively playing your opponents or even watching them. i think it'd be fine if marty just watched matches since he is experienced and intelligent but for the most part he doesn't really care for smash and plays other games, so he's sort of out of the loop.
Marty still goes to most of the tournaments, he enters teams with me at like, every tournament, so he's at least present a lot.

SleepyK

xif, you know that by "every tournament" you pretty much are referring to a couple months ago, right? seriously no offense to marty or you at all, as you all know i love marty no homo and xif no homo, but marty hasn't been keeping up with the scene as of late. he's still very intelligent and good, but he hasn't played our PR.

SleepyK

mike you been gettin back into it so you're a prime candidate imho

Player-3

Smash Hero
i wanna will be americans at starcraft tier guize

;D

not right now, obv

hopefully after i show up to to5 and show u guize how amazingly pro my fsmashes are

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
like I said before, anything you guys do is ok with me.

I'm down for Marty being a panelist but it always seems that we have to beg him to come to smash events. He's already said it himself that he's not really interested in smash anymore.

If we are going to do this we should do it legit as possible which also why I don't think I make a good panelist atm. True, I'm getting back to it, picking up the game again but chops literally cries on the phone to get me over his house to smash and I live 10 mins away xD

It may not look like it but I've been out the loop far too long =D

As of right now I think the best two candidates for panelists besides Fullmetal should be SleepyK and Dogy.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Can I have a hawaiian tier? Or... maybe a "sorta posts and lurks nowadays but is even less seen than DP" tier?

*feels left out :(*

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Dayuuum, I don't even get put on the bottom of the list... :(

Oh wait, I've been playing competitively for less than three weeks... :urg:

SleepyK

i knew i forgot some folk.

let's get one thing straight
panelists!
so far our core panelists seem to be agreed on as

Fullmetal
DogySamich
SleepyK

and our candidates for additional PR are agreed on as

chaddd
Mike G
dashdancedan

chaddd's not online all the time, but i'm sure if we asked him he wouldn't mind jumping on aim for a few minutes.

mike g is sort of out of the loop, but he's coming back in and his experience is invaluable.

dan's cryptic response of "nah i don't now how to smash bros" sounds pretty dan.
but he's probably the best representative of the marietta-kennesaw area and his experience is also invaluable. he also plays tons of friendlies and goes to most of the tournaments and travels out of state so he has a great idea of GA's metagame. he's also pretty levelheaded and prob would make objective observations. but it's up to him.

tbh the bigger the panel the more discussion there will be, and therefore the more accurate our list will be.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Marty still goes to most of the tournaments, he enters teams with me at like, every tournament, so he's at least present a lot.
xif, you know that by "every tournament" you pretty much are referring to a couple months ago, right? seriously no offense to marty or you at all, as you all know i love marty no homo and xif no homo, but marty hasn't been keeping up with the scene as of late. he's still very intelligent and good, but he hasn't played our PR.
lol? Does Marty even want to be a panelist?

:confused:
like I said before, anything you guys do is ok with me.

I'm down for Marty being a panelist but it always seems that we have to beg him to come to smash events. He's already said it himself that he's not really interested in smash anymore.

If we are going to do this we should do it legit as possible which also why I don't think I make a good panelist atm. True, I'm getting back to it, picking up the game again but chops literally cries on the phone to get me over his house to smash and I live 10 mins away xD

It may not look like it but I've been out the loop far too long =D

As of right now I think the best two candidates for panelists besides Fullmetal should be SleepyK and Dogy.
well, to address all of this, when i was talking to XIF, i was mostly talking about before when i was fully active. we had issues doing the PR before, and an issue that came up was that the panel was being unfair. And, I said that I would EASILY be the most impartial, straight-forward person in the state to be a panelist. I still think I am one of the best candidates for the job, as I am like R. Lee Ermey, hard but fair. I've always had issues with GA's PR system and panelists, whether trying to be a panelist or being on the rankings. There was a time when I was playing that I went to about 5 or 6 straight tournaments and placed Top 5. 3 of those times, I got Top 3, not to mention I ONLY used Roy. However, the panel did not even want to put me on the rankings, and even left Eugenio on, who had not been active for months. Eugenio himself even asked why he was on there, and why I wasn't. Also, Sleepy, I don't know where you've been or whatever, but I am actually AT most of the Smash events, and I sit and play mostly everyone. I think the ONLY person I haven't played is you. So, if you account for the entire PR, then I haven't played the PR. I have played everyone except you, so I know how everyone plays and where they stand, at least in relation to me. I feel that I can reasonably gauge the players because I can still win a majority of my matches.

To be honest, I don't know if I would even WANT to be a panelist at this point. The only people that have EVER stated that they adamantly wanted me on the panel were Chad and Mike G. Chad wanted me to be because of some sketch stuff that had happened before, and he felt that I was knowledgeable and fair enough to bring about a change. When we had that poll before for panelists, he was getting pretty upset at the results, and even MORE upset when we didn't stick to the results. I guess Mike thought I would have been a good choice, too. I don't really know, to be honest, what Mike's reasoning was. I feel that, even now, I would be a very prime candidate for the job, but the rest of GA does not agree. So, you guys will do whatever you want, regardless.

So, in closing, this turned into a small rant, which was not my original intention, but a lot of stuff about GA's PR panel really irks me, and now was as good a time as any to express myself, I suppose.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
hello i have always been a proponent of marty for power ranker thanks for considering my feelings

Top Bottom