• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W vs Jiggz

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'm not decent as G&W but I understand puff decently. but the thing is is for nair to work you have to be below puff which is how you mess up puff anyways sooo yeah.also your bair may win but if puff doesn't bair she wins due to lack of L-cancel but if you don't bair she wins you can only beat her bair so overall you can't really beat her in the air solidly if that's your plan.

maybe f-tilt could be useful however if it misses : P = lag. you can't really abuse anything also puff still combos you pretty hard. pick a better low/bottom tier counter : P but what do I know I beat puffs with pichu.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I'm not decent as G&W but I understand puff decently. but the thing is is for nair to work you have to be below puff which is how you mess up puff anyways sooo yeah.also your bair may win but if puff doesn't bair she wins due to lack of L-cancel but if you don't bair she wins you can only beat her bair so overall you can't really beat her in the air solidly if that's your plan.

maybe f-tilt could be useful however if it misses : P = lag. you can't really abuse anything also puff still combos you pretty hard. pick a better low/bottom tier counter : P but what do I know I beat puffs with pichu.
How bout F-tilt spam? I'm thinking sort of like Marth vs Jiggs except not gimped as easily and no u-tilt to rest.

Also, I'm thinking since Jiggs has to mostly be in the air, the parachute can break the full jump wall of bairs?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Picking up someone purely for a chartcer counter normally isn't a good idea. I love ice climbers and I use them luigi only sheik for peach cause sheik is mad fun and peach needs to suffer more.

again I don't fully know but puff will have a half sec. to gather her thoughts about f-tilt if it misses.

also puff can still up-tilt rest decently. If you want to avoid being punished hard don't make the mistakes.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Whups sorry, I meant F-air. I'm not really using G&W as a hard counter against Puff, cause I can already Fox it pretty easily. Just been looking for a low tier char to get decent with, and this came to mind.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Just play as someone you have fun as. you'd be surprised by some people in some cases pikachu/pichu are more aggesive than fox can be normally with d-tilts, jolts and air moves to keep them on the run but heavily being mindgame based at times or is that just how I play? Play as whoever. but ness/kirby/peach XD

n0ne

Smash Ace
naaaaah thats not a bad MU at ALL.

puff cant **** g&ws recovery.

both have priority

imo .... all in all honest.... ithink its one of the few matchups in advanced play where puff has disadvantage.... and i know lots will agree

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I really don't know I just could think of how that would work out very well I geuss. I din't know I just have a good idea how puff works and it just seemed unlikely it would work-out well even if I could see it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm a little on the fence for this one. GaW's good aerial momentum can work well vs Puff and his Fair can break up her aerial moveset as a whole. Puff crouch shenanigans lose entirely to D-tilt. No reason to ever be shield grabbed because of range.

GaW's Fair doubles as a KO move too. Puff above GaW is vulnerable to Nairs. Puff directly below GaW doesn't have a move that beats Dair.

Hmmm.

I disagree with n0ne on the recovery thing. Puff's ledgehop aerials are really good. They stay out forever too. Even if they don't instantly kill they can definitely rack damage which is never a good thing and they force more Up+Bs which means she can do more damage. It's annoying.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i agree

i think in theory it could work well on stage but off stage i forsee difficulty

dont forget that you have a projectile to use also lololll

n0ne

Smash Ace
hmmm. true. But remember its very accesible for g&w to tech because he can hog the edge of the stage in his up b ... and this goes pretty high. but yeah. Puff abusing invincibilty frames+her aerials give g&w trouble.

Another good thing is that up-b gains height pretty fast (nice for teching) and actually has a hitbox... so this helps sometimes

But i agree on the on-stage other way around thing

Top Bottom