• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G & W freeze glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
i don't know if anyone else has done it before but i remember when i was doing hrc with game and watch (when i was a nub) i used like the down a on the floor(not smash) and something else along the lines and the sandbag froze and i kept doing down air's constantly, then when the time ran out i smashed it with the bat. Does anyone else know about this freeze glitch? im not sure how to do it but i know it happened.

technomancer

Smash Champion
lol dave

Did it go flying from the bat? Because the Key is a meteor smash so that would keep it grounded but it would pop up occasionally. Did you hammer it at all?

mach5

Smash Journeyman
nonono it FROZE like i kept using its down a. NOT AIR DOWN A but the down a on the floor. the platform lifter attack. then the sand bag froze. then when it was about 1 second left i hit it with the bat and it flew. i dont know how i did it i just know it happened. it might be a glitch from me playing too much smash. if i remember correctly i got all the characters that one day and started doing home run contest

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
From a theoretical standpoint: Sure, it's possible. Of course, it'd take an extreme coincidence of vertices, hitboxes, randomization, and the physics engine all coinciding with a glitch. It is equally likely, however, that two atoms pass through eachother. Possible? Yes. Likely? Hardly.

Example: The turnip that got stuck in mid-air. It has never been recreated, due to how extremely unlikely it is to happen, but, pretty much, anything weird like that can happen.

lolomator

Smash Rookie
some time ago i started practicing batdrops (and raised my total distance from 6000m to 7777.0m. I could go to 8k but I stick with this nice number ^.^)
...anyway I was playing with MGW and tried all attacks to find one which dont smash the bag away (his DAir is somehow crappy, you have to hit with the handle of the key, but not with the second hitbox on landing) then, after 20 or 50 attempts I used 2-3 attacks and then the D-Tilt (the plattform thing) and the bag didnt move, after a very short WTF?-moment i D-Tilted again, the bag took the damage, but stayed in place, i hit it 3-5 times more and then finished with some other attack (smash/hammer/bat, cant remember exactly) and the bag flew away normally. The ineresting thing is, that the bag took TWO hits(there were two sounds and flashes) but not twice the damage, so I think the second hit was kind of phantom hit, like when you stand right in front of the sandbag(overlapping, like if you just landed from a jump) and shoot a fire arrow with young link, then the bag catches fire, but dont get damage or only 1%.
I have no video, because i just thought "cool, did i just find a new glitch, i have to google for it later, this is surely not better than batdrops but good enough for me to get about 500m".
Sadly, this thread was the only one I could find on this topic.

P.S: I have a PAL version
PP.S: i know, that im bumping a very old thread, but would it be better to create another one?

PPP.S: I tried about ten times more to recreate this situation and failed... but I found out why nobody else encountered this, come on guys, who has EVER used MGWs D-Tilt in the HRC? :psycho: only the noobs do, everyone with a little practice tries meteor smashes or batdrops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom