• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Future Pokemon Trainer?

GodzillaSmasher

Smash Cadet
I came up with this idea before. What about futur SSB games? Will they take Pokemon Trainer a step further? What I mean is, what about more then one Pokemon Trainer in the future?

The current Pokemon Trainer will remain as is. At 1st, I thought they would call him Ash, but then, no Anime or Manga characters. So, they would call him Red, and keep Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle.

Next, they would use a girl Pokemon Trainer. Who? How about Crystal. And if they use a boy again, then he can be called Sylver.

She could use 3 Johto Pokemon, Typhlosion, Croconaw, and Chikorita.

Next, someone I call Emerl, the boy from Emerald. It could also work for the girl.

And they could use Sceptile, Cumbuskin, and Mudkip.

Last, Diamond(girl) or Paul(boy)

And, Torterra, Prinplup, and Chimchar.

And if they don't use the Trainers, then they could make teh Gym leaders playable, and their Pokemon.

GodzillaSmasher

Smash Cadet
Now I'm gonna add a little more meatto this thread be discussing the different types of Triple Finish. Here are our teams(The final):

Red: Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle.

Krystal: Typhlosion, Croconaw, and Chikorita

Emerl: Blaziken, Grovyle, and Mudkip

Diamond: Torterra, Prinplup, and Chimchar

Each one's Final Smash will be different. And, Red will not reuse his current Final Smash.

Red: Ivysaur stands on the lowest level of the stage, and Charizard flys in teh center with Squirtle on his back. Ivysaur uses Frenzy Plant, and makes vines cover the lowest level. They do not hurt, but they imobalize foes. Squirtle will now jump, and suck himself in his Shell, and use Hydro Cannon. You are able to aim the 2 blasts of water from the leg holes of his shell. While you are aiming, Charizard is gaining power. When Charizard roars, blasts of lava(Blast Burn) will emurge out of the lowest level, destroy the Frenzy Plant, and everything in it.

Krystal: Typholsion, Croconaw, and Chikorita will reuse the current Triple Finish.

Emerl: This is very similar to Ike's Final Smash. Mudkip will use Muddy Water to throw an enemy(s) in the air. Grovyle will use repeated Leaf Blade strikes to the enemy(s) in mid air, and Blaziken will finish it with a Blazing Kick to ground the enemys.

Diamond: This Final Smash is aimed at one single enemy, but the final attack can hit anyone on the same level. Chimchar will tackle one enemy with Flame Wheel, and will pin them down. Torterra is behind Chimchar, and Prinplup is in front. Prinplup will use Bubblebeam to damage the enemy, and signal Chimchar to jump when Torterra uses Earthquake. Any other enemys on the same platform or level as the Pokemon when Earthquake happens will be hit, and the single target will be KOed.

GodzillaSmasher

Smash Cadet
In this post, I will merely post Pictures of each Pokemon.

Typhlosion:

Special Attack Normal: Flamethrower: A solid stream of flame shot forward.

Special Attack>: Flame Wheel: Typhlosion leaps in one direction while covered in flame.

Special Attack^: Swift: Typhlosion somersaults in the air, and stars surround him, cutting foes.

Croconaw:

Special Attack Normal: Water Gun: Different from Squirtle's Water Gun, because it does more damage, but has less range.

Special Attack>: Water Pulse: A long range water attack that exploads on impact.

Special Attack^: Waterfall: Same as Squirtle's.

Chikorita:

Special Attack Normal: Sleep Powder: Does no damage, but makes enemys sleep.

Special Attack>: Razor Leaf: Same as Ivysaur.

Special Attack^: Sweet Scent: Chikorita flaps it's leaf like a helicoptor blade, also releasing purple gas that damages foes.

Blaziken:

Special Attack Normal: Fire Punch: Like Falcon Punch, but faster.

Special Attack>: Leer: Stuns the enemy for about 2 seconds.

Special Attack^: Sky Uppercut: Blaziken flys upward in a blue stream of power.

Grovyle:

Special Attack Normal: Bullet Seed: Like Ivysaur's Bullet Seed fired sideways.

Special Attack>: Quick Attack: A fast dash on one direction.

Special Attack^: Aerial Ace: Grovyle arcs downward before flying straight up.

Mudkip:

Special Attack Normal: Mud Slap: A short, dirty slap.

Special Attack>: Surf: Mudkip rides in one direction while riding a wave. Be careful, because Mudkip can't turn around.

Special Attack^: Rock Climb: Mudkip runs upward in a rocky blunt attack.

Torterra:

Special Attack Normal: Cut: Torterra turns, and uses his Mountains to slash forward.

Special Attack>: Razor Leaf: This is different frm the others because Torterra can aim it, but while doing so, is vunerable.

Special Attack^: Withdraw: Torterra curls up, and flips, striking with his Mountains and Tree. Isn't a very good recovery move, but does good damage.

Prinplup:

Special Attack Normal: Bubblebeam: A solid stream of bubbles shot forward.

Special Attack>: Peck: Prinplup jumps in one direction attacking with his beak.

Special Attack^: Blizzard: Prinplup rides the icy wind upward.

Chimchar:

Special Attack Normal: Ember: A short flame burt shot forward.

Special Attack>: Heat Wave: Chimchar spins, and is engulfed in heat for half a second. Can also reflect projectile attacks.

Special Attack^: Mach Punch: Chimchar punches upward very quickly.

superduper

Smash Cadet
ROCKET GRUNT/TRAINER

I think they could add another "trainer" to the roster, and a Rocket is the best way to antagonize the current Trainer (better than Rival, who is too generic and brings nothing new). He would be unique for using cool "rocket-ish" pokemon. In my take, he'd have: Meowth, Umbreon and uhm.. Nidoking. I like Nidoking, and he represents Giovanni, kinda. For his Final Smash, something different: the summoning of a gigantic Mecha Meowth that shoots missiles and nets.You would control it kinda like a *cough cough* landmaster *cough*. What do you think?

GodzillaSmasher

Smash Cadet
^Maybe Giovanni himself would be a better choice? I also think that, if they don't use tehtrainers, then Gym Leaders could be used, so Giovanni seems like a better choice to me.

superduper

Smash Cadet
I've thought of that, but the problem with Gym leaders is that none of them really stand out more than the others, so if they put Giovanni one could ask why they didn't choose Brock or whomever. I'd really like to see Koga, on the other hand, fighting himself with some aid of his pokayz (Smash is seriously lacking in the ninja department). He's too cool.

A Rocket character is just the most common enemy of the main trainer from the first generation, so IMO it would be suiting. Besides, it's a nice way of making Meowth playable.

OfficeManiac070

Smash Cadet
i think it would be cool if they made team rocket, (jesse and james) a playable character, using meowth, and maybe one other of their most used pokemon as their characters.

No... More human reps take away slots from the actual Pokémon. They could give the Pokémon Trainer a new character (someone besides Red) and new Pokémon, but having more than one is too much.

But if they do keep Red (which I'm sure they will), there's no reason to change his Final Smash. Your Final Smash idea sounds too elaborate.

Eh, I still like the idea behind his current one. Maybe if they changed it, they could have the attacks each go in a different direction (Solarbeam goes up while Fire Blast and Hydro Pump go to either side).

GodzillaSmasher

Smash Cadet
I think it would fit the Johto Pokemon trainer better, though, since they don't have any real exclusive attacks.

BTW, I'm editing the post with the pics with Special Attacks.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Well since there are bunch of crazy ideas here, I'm going to top it.

How about getting Jessie, James, and Meowth to play like PK Trainer and each would shuffle when played and they also have that stamina thing to them. All three would be seen but its like a tag team. One is playable and the other two are in the background waiting before the playable one gets tired. It be funny if Jessie beat the hell out of a Pikachu or Meowth fury swiping Jigglypuff. XD Their final smash could be like Olimar's and be a mecha-Meowth and crush everyone on the field for a while and then when its about to disappear, it could fly in the sky and then do a crash landing of sorts. A possible taunt would of course be: We're blasting off again. XD

So yeah, this is totally original and different to all the other ideas here. Also, nothing really pops out in my opinion of the starter pokemon from the other generations in my opinion. Blaziken was cool and Mudkip could use Mud Bomb and Grovyle could of course use Leaf Blade, as well as wall cling, but the other generations, I just don't see it happening with them. Until the 5th generation comes, then may we talk more about a possible PK Trainer alternative. For me, I'm just going to be happy playing as Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. :D

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
**** do I want to see my favorite Pokemon playable (Typhlosion) :D! However, the three Kanto starters are too iconic. I see the Pokemon Rival being a new character and having one starter from each generation. So maybe Turtwig, Combusken, and Feraligatr.

I'd like Mudkip, Grotle and Typhlosion though :p

Elliot Gale

Smash Ace
Everyone lieks a Mudkip. Mudkipz too.

Though I really couldn't see the full evo not going to Feraligatr there, which would make poor kip redundant.

Treecko-Monferno-Feraligatr?

I dunno.

GodzillaSmasher

Smash Cadet
**** do I want to see my favorite Pokemon playable (Typhlosion) :D! However, the three Kanto starters are too iconic. I see the Pokemon Rival being a new character and having one starter from each generation. So maybe Turtwig, Combusken, and Feraligatr.

I'd like Mudkip, Grotle and Typhlosion though :p
Typhlosion is the very reason I want a 2nd P. Trainer.

But, if they really want a Pokemon themed Bad Guy, I think it would be another Pokemon. Darkrai? Mewtwo?

Sakurai(If I remember) also said he wants more female fighters. A female Pokemon trainer, like Crystal, Emerl, or even Flare(FireRed), would be a great addition, but I don't care. I just want Typhlosion.

Crazy Chaos

Smash Cadet
id see them more like this:

2nd gen: Meganium, Quilava, Totodile

3rd: Blaziken, Marshtop, Treecko

4th: Empoleon monferno, Turtwig

:) as for the gender of the tainer it'll prolly be just kinda random

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
ROCKET GRUNT/TRAINER

I think they could add another "trainer" to the roster, and a Rocket is the best way to antagonize the current Trainer (better than Rival, who is too generic and brings nothing new). He would be unique for using cool "rocket-ish" pokemon. In my take, he'd have: Meowth, Umbreon and uhm.. Nidoking. I like Nidoking, and he represents Giovanni, kinda. For his Final Smash, something different: the summoning of a gigantic Mecha Meowth that shoots missiles and nets.You would control it kinda like a *cough cough* landmaster *cough*. What do you think?

This would be awesome, I loved team rocket and their gender bending antics. I think this would be alot of fun. I dont knwo so much but maybe if they did kind of go the anime ish route weezing, Arboc, meowth. Weezing something like Jiggly with of course air moves with maybe liguring damaging clouds, explosion which of course would damage itself heavily. Arbok posion attacks like a posion sting perjectile that would cause small dot. Probably a some decent knock back moves, bup bite maybe something not so great.

I like the gionvanni Idea alot because his team was half mine when i played XD. I'd go the nidoqueen route though =P just cause she is my fav.I remember team rocket with rattatas adn raticates though I remember a magmars as well but there were many pokemon. Just the main ones I can remember were the snakes koffings and rats. If they were to make another pt though im sure they would dip into another game though. So maybe a rocket team from the second.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
Hmm if i did see them making the next 3 starters starters I think its go cyndaquil,bayleef (i think thats the one the mid type) and the last form of the croc. Because a big a$$ croc pokemon to square off with would be awesome. Cyndaquil has counters and flames things like that. I unno but interesting topic none the less XD

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Yeah, a grunt would be nice. Any type of trainer would be nice.

But I kinda feel that this is the last Smash. At least for a long time. So I don't want to speculate because it will ruin my opinion of the current PT. and that is a bad thing.

squarez

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but people wouldn't know who all the newer starting pokemons are. The first generation, squirtle , bulbasaur, and charmander are the most famous ones. Good speculation thread though.

Eden

Smash Rookie
Team Rocket girl would be nice. The pokemon series is really fun, but I don't have the neat toys that the younger kids have, so I wouldn't know the "future" starting pokemon, but two trainers in one game would be fun. Even just 1 PT, now, enables limitless playstyles for any occasion.

Rakath

Smash Ace
For starters, the names:

Last I checked, Krystal was a Foxy fox girl of furry fanmaking. Crystal was the name of the girl added to Crystal version of Pokemon Second Gen. Gold was the hero, Silver was the rival of that gen too.

The other names, similarly, should follow the Game names as close as can be done. Which are named after the games. While technically heading towards Manga territory, the characters are in fact named apropriately there.

Anyway, next up... there's no reason to re-use this gimmick on multiple Pokemon. None of the 2-4 gen pokemon (Save the "mudkipz" come close) come near the first trio of starters when it comes to being iconic. Fact is that the Starting Pokemon characters in Brawl all have Gameboy game covers, or at least an evolution on them.

The most we can hope for in a SSB4 if Pokemon Trainer makes the cut is to have the Background trainer pull a Wario style skinswap between the 3 Starting game trainers with maybe a few other known trainers taking in the other spaces.

Lenvil

Smash Cadet
i think all of this would be taking the game way to far. one trainer is fine. the set up that they have now is perfect.

out of the first stages i would say squirtle is more popular than bulbasaur and charmander. and out of the thired stages charizard is the most bad ***. no one really cares about charmeleon, wartortle, and ivysaur..

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
actually my people down her in florida are all about bulbasuar and charmander , not spekaing foreveryone though of course.

DoubleAced

Smash Apprentice
If there was another version of Pokemon Trainer, I think it would only be right to make it something along the lines of Pokemon Rival. Make him look like Gary with the red spikey hair and whatnot, and give him Eevee, Exeggutor, and Arkanine.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
If there was another version of Pokemon Trainer, I think it would only be right to make it something along the lines of Pokemon Rival. Make him look like Gary with the red spikey hair and whatnot, and give him Eevee, Exeggutor, and Arkanine.
we shouldn't go around right now wondering about the new PT, this game just came out :ohwell:

Top Bottom