• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

funny yoshi vid

-PM-

Smash Ace
i think this is the most funny yoshi game iv ever had it was idk 2 weeks ago =]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mlgfJ7L8qS8

plz feel free to talk about how to improve my yoshi too but i just want you to know hes not my main and i do pretty much everything better now and i know how to aim my eggs now lol i miss alot in that vid and its kinda of sad

btw the last kid makes me laugh so hard lol

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
the Only thing I see that you could improve on would be to DJC more.you have a good yoshi :)

-PM-

Smash Ace
my mistakes that i dont make anymore =D
:41
:59
1:17
1:24
1:43
2:02
plus iv added mine games into my play and more jaged jumping and my edge eggs are almost frame perfect =)

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
If you've really fixed all those mistakes then you have a really solid Yoshi there. Yesterday I picked op Yoshi for the first time in a long time and destroyed my friend's Sheik, and he's a pretty decent player.

-PM-

Smash Ace
iv also learned to actually aim with my eggs xD lol Falco&Victory do you have any videos of your yoshi?

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
I would had said DJC but it's been covered. A really good Yoshi too. I'd like to see how your mindgames improved.

-PM-

Smash Ace
i like the solid mindgames thats what i would normally use in friendly but i can get pretty technical with them too

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I wish I had some videos, but I dont have a video camera. Learned just fair into combos and use d-tilts a lot against sheik. I need to work on aiming my eggs too.

-PM-

Smash Ace
my problem is because of the people i play with im bad against medium characters like mario and them because no one uses them so i just have to play against luigis falcos and falcons and i don't like it xD but at least i know how to beat falcos and those annoying fast characters cause of it

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
A solid strategy against mid-tier characters is use a lot of fairs, eggs, and dsmashes. Mid-tiers usually will have less range than Yoshi or will have less priority. Just put pressure on them.

Roman.

Smash Champion
I didn't see what was so funny. I'm not trying to be mean but it seemed like a normal yoshi vid to me. The last kill was funky but that's all I saw remotely out of the ordinary. Very nice yoshi though, especially if you've fixed those problems.

metayoshi

Smash Cadet
Interesting video...

The thing is... even though you didn't pull off more DJC's like the other guys said, you had the mind games down.

Reminds me of me and my roommate. I use more advanced techniques than him, but he plays mind games so well with Doctor Mario, that it's hard to beat him even without all the advanced techniques.

-PM-

Smash Ace
Interesting video...

The thing is... even though you didn't pull off more DJC's like the other guys said, you had the mind games down.

Reminds me of me and my roommate. I use more advanced techniques than him, but he plays mind games so well with Doctor Mario, that it's hard to beat him even without all the advanced techniques.
iv got most of the techs down im just wondering what a DJC is im confused again lol

-PM-

Smash Ace
hmm maybe that would make me better lol thanks ill go read it up its just iv never gotten advice from anyone on my yoshi i just kinda brought skills from my mario over to my yoshi

ss118

Smash Master
That's a pretty good Yoshi. Only suggestion I can make is to work on your tech skill and recovery.
And by recovery, I mean you NEVER went below the edge, always went high, and usually came down on the stage with a down B.
Try going under the stage, DJ, then use an ^B or vB so it cancels on the ledge.
On the other hand, the opponent seemed like he knew how to play Yoshi, as he often occupied the ledge, even though you were 20 storied higher just to negate this kind of recovery.
And work on your DJC and Tech skill.

Top Bottom