• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Funny Aura Sphere off of shield.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I was playing around with Lucario the other day against random CPU level 9 opponents, and I had a half-charged Aura sphere growing there and my opponent (Dedede) rolled in front of me and put up the shield. I released Aura sphere just at this moment, and it bounced off the shield at a really weird angle before kind of "rolling" across the ground as if it was stuck on the stage.

It stayed there for a few seconds just twitching slowly along before disappearing.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Milln

Smash Champion
Yep! It's amusing! Sometimes I think it can hit the player if they run over it, but they never go over it. ;.;

But yar. It's actually kinda pretty cause it's not moving and there's no paws in the way so you can see all the electricity and shtuff in there.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Yeah, it just sort of crawls along the ground. I should pause the game quickly next time it happens and make Lucario crouch and then take a snapshot.

"Oh man, I dropped my aura sphere!"

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
I've seen this happen, have you figured out what causes it? The one I threw was uncharged, if that helps. The other question is whether the hitbox is still there, or if the graphic is all that's left- if the hitbox stays and it bounces back towards you, they won't be able to move towards you without hitting it- another, albeit situational, way to control your opponents movements?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I know how to replicate it. It works best on Yoshi's Island. What you do is stand Luc really close to another player and shoot an aura sphere. If they power block it, it will bounce off, and if you situation yourself just right on the stage, it will get stuck in the ground.

But unfortunately it has no hitbox.

CSTIK

Smash Cadet
It happens, I believe, when you hit closer the top or bottom of their shield. Sometimes I've had it deflect upwards after I short-hop-B and hit someone else! That was funny indeed.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
It happened to me on Norfair when fighting Dedede as well. We both ended up in the capsule; and after the capsule disappeared, there was my aura ball, just sitting in the middle of the stage, just relaxing and being lazy, refusing to move. I tell it to go kill my enemies but it just sat there, I went to kick it but it disappeared.

As jeepy said, it seems to glitch into the ground if you power-shield it downwards while on the ground

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
This happened to me just the other day against a CPU Marth, as I was recovering I shot a large aurasphere at Marth, he shielded it and the sphere moved down-right below the platform, then hit the ground below it and just continued moving for a short bit before dissappearing.

I saved the replay data, if only I had the means to youtube it.

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
No hitbox? That's too bad, could've been useful (highly situational, but still useful) if it did...

Top Bottom