• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Funniest thing(s) that happened to you online?

KirbyFan20

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FlameMaster93
3DS FC
4811-7980-0973
Probably the time when I was playing Toon Link and popped a Villager's balloon with a fully charged bow without hitting him, resulting in him making a futile attempt trying to recover.

Probably the only time I've successfully gimped a Villager.

Last edited:

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I was playing For Glory FFA as :4gaw: and got KO'd at about the last 10 seconds. When I respawned, the 5-countdown was going off and everyone was in the middle of the stage with low percent, so I dropped down and used judgment from left to right. Both judgments were 9s and I managed to hit everyone. I got two KOs right before the fight ended.

I won that match.

Last edited:

Ekho_Wyli

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4828-7919-8027
I played for glory and lost everytime. (the punchline is im a joke)

Mothraniclus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1178-0677-3736
waht
how is this I don't even...
HOW!?
HOOOOOOWWWWWHFIWYEEDDWJSDKLSDKLFSEEFDWJIDEFNS

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30KECj_TqE4
I'm gonna just let the video do all the talking.
Don't worry, I have a logical explanation for this.

Clearly, the game was confused by two people dieing at the same time in sudden death without another player to take victory.
The game just randomly chose the next best person who hadn't died at the same time as someone, who was Cloud (In this case). I bet Lucas would've won had you died before him.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Aaaaahahaha! I understand what happened. -and it's almost as good as "Cloud cheated.".

Basically, the game won't go into sudden death from sudden death - so if multiple players die at the same time, someone has to win, right?..

Well, in the first few games until Brawl, it was based on the controller port, with player 1 always winning. In Brawl however, the choice was made at random, and I'm gonna assume either one of these is still true of Smash4 (I'm opting for random, since it was online and port would mean everyone wins.), so Cloud was picked by the game itself to win based on... Well, luck.

(But, let's be real, those guys were teaming on you pretty hard from what I saw (With Robin literally doing nothing for 90% of the match.), and considering you pulled it back to even before Sudden Death, and the sheer audacity they had to basically both SD, you kinda deserved that win IMO. :p)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I played for glory and lost everytime. (the punchline is im a joke)
Like the old saying goes, "nobody's perfect"
Let me be the next to welcome you to Smashboards.

While I'm at it, while I was playing as Cloud, a Meta Knight did his neutral B close to the ledge, goes into a helpless state and falls to his death.

Mothraniclus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1178-0677-3736
When you're in sudden death and your opponent doesn't know you can grab the bombs.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
When you're in sudden death and your opponent doesn't know you can grab the bombs.
I didn't know until now.
Well, can you blame me? Last time I played Sudden Death to the point that the bombfall started and someone survived longer than a frame was when I was a scrub playing Brawl at custom stages that didn't know what Air Dodges or Sidesteps did.

Furret24

Smash Master
I didn't know until now.
Well, can you blame me? Last time I played Sudden Death to the point that the bombfall started and someone survived longer than a frame was when I was a scrub playing Brawl at custom stages that didn't know what Air Dodges or Sidesteps did.
Ah, I remember being a Brawl scrub. I still recall discovering Smash Attacks and Throws for the first time.

Good times. :)

I can't grab those Sudden Death bombs for the life of me.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
If you squint hard enough, somewhere in the background you just might be able to spot Sakurai extending the middle finger at those taunt party teamers, and giving you the victory. Or perhaps I just imagined it and wished he had the developers add some additional anti-taunt party code. Either way, congrats on pulling that off.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman

About a week after 1.1.3 got released, I played this match. Stick around for the end - it's quite ironic.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Nothing can be said about what occurred at around 0:34 of this match. It was one of those...Falcons.

BakerFalcon

Smash Cadet
I once went on for glory and I went into some random game, free for all, picked Cloud, game started. I do down-tilt to n-air. No one attacks me though. All of a sudden, the Captain Falcon down taunts at me. I am not only shocked but also surprised by the fact that I found a taunt party on for glory. We just sat there taunting and doing idle animations. Then came sudden death. We do nothing. I die, the other Cloud dies. The C. Falcon and Lucas are just standing there perfect shielding, dodging, etc every bomb that came at them. Then the C. Falcon died. Overall it was quite an interesting round. I left in the end though.

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
Today I was fighting a Luigi as Peach on Omega Mario Circuit. My opponent thought I was going to roll into his up smash by fully charging it. He whiffed it and threw out another up smash just in case I tried to punish the first one. He missed again and repeated this a couple more times. In response I did about three up smashes from where I was standing just to be funny. My opponent crouch spammed twice and we then continued the fight.

Mothraniclus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1178-0677-3736
Yesterday I decided to play as Zelda in For Fun. I got in a match with 3 For Glory Links (What are they even doing in For Fun?). We got to Sudden Death and they all charged their arrows. I got in the middle and spammed Nayru's Love. I got all 3 of them at the same time.

:015:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
This is what happens when a Link decides to go adventuring through Wario's Woods :4wario2: (skip to 1:57)

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I have a few new ones...

So I play Bayonetta, and my friend plays Corrin. I ended up Side Smashing someone into my friends fully charged Neutral B, then walked up and Up Smashed them which resulted in a KO. We didn't mean to do it, but it must of looked like great teamwork on the other side.

I found this out while playing Team For Fun with my friend: It seems like Bayonetta can Witch Time Giga Bowser.

I had to of Witch Timed him two or three times, which made his Final Smash pretty useless. On top of that, I consider this just perfect absolute luck, but within the same mode and day we then fought a Link who got the Smash Ball. I ended up dropping right in his face and he tried to use his Final Smash on me. I was right there, at point blank... And then I happened to Bat Within his Final Smash.

... It made him miss. After that he was after me for the rest of the match like I made his hit list.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
The ending of this match actually went according to plan. :yeahboi:

I love when this happens. xD Bowser players who think that Bowsercide is literally always viable make me cringe so it's always nice to see a good backfire or two. lol

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
You should really only go for a Bowsercide if you're a stock ahead (EDIT: The opponent is at very low percentage) and about to die anyways...it's much more situational than people think.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
You should really only go for a Bowsercide if you're a stock ahead.
Or if it's a Timed Match, make sure you have damage first and your opponent doesn't....

You have no idea how many Bowsers try to Bowsercide me with no damage while on Teams, so they get -2 while I just get -1 cause I already had damage...

Sometimes I even let it happen on purpose when it's clear it's all they wanna do, too... They never notice.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Or if it's a Timed Match, make sure you have damage first and your opponent doesn't....

You have no idea how many Bowsers try to Bowsercide me with no damage while on Teams, so they get -2 while I just get -1 cause I already had damage...

Sometimes I even let it happen on purpose when it's clear it's all they wanna do, too... They never notice.
Yeah, me and my friend once played a team with a Bowser who was obsessed with it - needless to say, when you win while still having a negative score, your opponents must be pretty clueless as to what they're doing. (We actually thought for sure we were going to lose that game, but we actually won by 1 point due to two Bowsercides being treated as SDs and not our KOs. lol)

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
Ok, here's my little list. ;)

- Back a few patches ago, I selected Cpt. Falcon, and... the other opponent chose him. Then... I accidentally looked at the wrong one and SDed, but then so did the other guy! Funny part was, he then decided it was an SD party, and SDed again, meaning I won a 5-second match... :denzel:
- A couple of nights back, (I was female Corrin) I owned some Ness/Lucas player (can't remember which) then on coming back, he resorted to croutching and doing nothing. When I finally noticed this, I crouched next to him. Then for the hell of it, I started spamming my down tilt, of which he did the same... for the REST OF THE MATCH. :grin: He ended up whiffing a PK thunder in the end when he fell off...
- Playing as Corrin (Yep, she's my new main! :)) against a kirby... with a very interesting pattern of attack. At the last moment, I was on a higher percentage than he was, both of us on one stock, then... He whiffed kirbycide when I rolled backwards from the ledge. :denzel: *thug life*
- More to come, have to look through some of my replays...

EDIT: Found another one in my list of replays: I was Cpt. Falcon, and my opponent, a guy called Emperor, was Dedede. Ok, here goes... match begins with me taunting "cmon!" like every respectful Cpt. Falcon player should do, and I run toward him, inadvertently running into a Gordo he just put out. shortly after, I used a falcon kick to fling him upwards, followed by a forward tilt, of which he then spams a Gordo under the stage, uses Super Dedede Jump to recover... and completely misses the edge. XD

Later on, he KOs me. Upon returning, I get him with falcon's Dair, then i use my Down smash to knock him sideways. Now, guess what happens... First he spams a gordo (again!) under the stage, uses the Super Dedede Jump... and only just clips the ledge, burying me, (I was near the edge) and plummeting straight down into the lower blast line! I was honestly laughing my head off for a couple of moments afterwards.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
#1: I punished a Greninja's ledge get-up with Falco's down air. This Greninja apparently didn't know what DI was, because he went plummeting past the stage to his doom.
#2: I was fighting a Dedede as Jigglypuff. I took the second stock by reading his roll and Resting him and I read his roll again on the third stock. I figured YOLO and used Sing instead of Rest. Since that move wasn't playtested, it initially didn't do anything, so the Dedede wound up with a forward smash. When he released it, Dedede stepped ever so slightly forward, into Sing's range. The Dedede went flying halfway across the stage like this was Smash Bros. On Ice, sound asleep, waiting to be Rested.
#3. I was fighting a Bowser as Puff and it was actually a very close game. We were both smoking and on our last stock. Abandoning all strategy, the Bowser ran straight at me. I stood there, waited, sidestepped his dash grab, and down smashed him. He couldn't recover, and thus ended the most anti-climatic battle of all time.

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
#1: I punished a Greninja's ledge get-up with Falco's down air. This Greninja apparently didn't know what DI was, because he went plummeting past the stage to his doom.
#2: I was fighting a Dedede as Jigglypuff. I took the second stock by reading his roll and Resting him and I read his roll again on the third stock. I figured YOLO and used Sing instead of Rest. Since that move wasn't playtested, it initially didn't do anything, so the Dedede wound up with a forward smash. When he released it, Dedede stepped ever so slightly forward, into Sing's range. The Dedede went flying halfway across the stage like this was Smash Bros. On Ice, sound asleep, waiting to be Rested.
#3. I was fighting a Bowser as Puff and it was actually a very close game. We were both smoking and on our last stock. Abandoning all strategy, the Bowser ran straight at me. I stood there, waited, sidestepped his dash grab, and down smashed him. He couldn't recover, and thus ended the most anti-climatic battle of all time.
Interesting descriptions... do you have recordings? (Or were they wiped by updates? ;))

Mitijeur

Smash Rookie
During a particularly intense For Fun match on Gerudo Valley, I was trying out Wario and there was this one Luigi who absolutely refused to get launched. His health was in the 100's and climbing but he just kept dodging. Suddenly he choked and tried to UpB me, and I panicked and DownB'd right as he hit the floor and I launched him and broke the bridge at the same time.

I laughed so hard because I have the sense of humour of a 9 year old.

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
During a particularly intense For Fun match on Gerudo Valley, I was trying out Wario and there was this one Luigi who absolutely refused to get launched. His health was in the 100's and climbing but he just kept dodging. Suddenly he choked and tried to UpB me, and I panicked and DownB'd right as he hit the floor and I launched him and broke the bridge at the same time.

I laughed so hard because I have the sense of humour of a 9 year old.
Was that destroyed in the replay genocide? :grin: If not, put it here!!!

Top Bottom