• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Funniest thing(s) that happened to you online?

SilverWolfLaguz

Smash Journeyman
Bum****, FL (Heart forever in Massachusetts)
NNID
Dante_Galileo
*"Killing" a Fox when he fell too fast on a fair right on the edge. That shouldn't have counted as a KO.
*Weaponizing the footstool jump by accident on a Little Mac. I think I actually had to take a quick break from the game to laugh.
*Any time I encounter a Mac that Side B's off the stage. I cannot believe people really do this I thought you were all exaggerating.
Back when I mained Lucina, getting what's in the running for the most WTF kill by countering a Charge Shot at point-blank range.
*Killing a Ganondorf by accidentally grab releasing him off the edge. No throw. I just... kind of accidentally dropped him.
*A very sudden end to a match against a Villager by Guardian Orbitar'ing their bowling ball... At 71%. AFTER it was reflected. And then in another match, I killed by reflecting their slingshot. Just what are they shooting at me anyways?!
*Any time I do the Guardian Orbitars + Lloid Rocket trick against a Villager. Doubly if they stay on it after. Triple if the explosion kills them. I could do it 100 times in a row and it would still be funny.

1FC0

Smash Lord
With Little Mac I once tried a JC'ed KO Punch out of a dash but instead I accidentally used B> off the edge. However I hitted my opponent with it and I won because he died first.

I also once accidentally used Arm Rotor instead of Robo Burner of stage and I reflect a bowling ball from Villager with it.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
- A Kirby on 2v2 For glory tried stalling so we'd go into sudden death. He was waiting on the ledge so I... well just watch
- Anytime someone taunts me after a KO and they're met with instant karma. Stop. Taunting. Me.
- A grab-hungry Ness/Diddy said "UJUSTSPAM" after I beat him with Wario (I didn't even spam). I switch to Luigi and took his first stock. I then hit him over the ledge and messed up his recovery with a fireball. There was a giant lag spike while he was falling and he wasn't at the CSS so I'm guessing he got mad and quit :laugh:.
- I was fighting another Wario on 1v1 and in the middle of fighting we both ate our bikes at the same time. We just looked at each other for a few seconds and then taunted.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
This team battle last week where me and my partner was up against a King Dedede and Ganondorf. And I had around 130 or whatever damage, all I know is that my character was steaming and stuff.

I had Ganondorf to the left of me and King Dedede to the right. And King Dedede did something, forgot lol, that knocked me over to Ganondorf using his up smash that again knocked me up into King Dedede who was coming down from his up B move. And all I hear is Roy going, 'Ah! Ah! Ah! Ahhhhhhh!'

And then they taunted and once I respawned back I taunted as well. Like I wasn't in the slightest salty. That was hilarious as all get out.

Oh and something that happened way earlier in the year in another team battle, playing with my cousin where we were being goofy and decided to switch mains. So I was Marth and he was Ike. And we were up against a Zelda and forget the other person. Anyways these people were actually challenging so I'm thinking like, 'Rip. We should have been our mains.'

Surprisingly we managed to get in Sudden Death. And Zelda's partner and I die relatively quickly. Leaving my cousin who's Ike by the way against a Zelda who was teleporting and using Din's fire etc. Then I just sigh and go, 'Ugh when Zelda's teleporting she's so hard to hit.' To which my cousin literally yells out, 'NO SHE AIN'T!' and uses Ike's side smash in the middle of the stage and Zelda teleports right into it. We were at the victory screen laughing for what felt like minutes.

Other than that, I literally forget the funny things that happens to me in battle/sudden death by the end of the day or something so can't really recall the smaller moments that may have made me giggle or something lol.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Hrrrmmm, lets see... The funniest things that have ever happened to me online that I can remember are:

1. This actually happened between me and one of my online friends. We typically play For Glory style (without the timer) and it was ROB (me) vs his Megaman. At one point he was above me and I tried doing Side B. I was thinking "Well this can't end well" but it was at that exact time he preformed Megamans Down Aerial. I somehow ended up reflecting it and KOing him instantly.

Neither of us knew what to say and I was practically speechless while chuckling to myself IRL. Talk about your luck, right?

2. A friend of mine and I were playing 2v2 For Glory one day as King Dedede & Ganondorf and came across a double Little Mac team. These guys were either new or just terrible Little Macs (can't say for sure), but anyways at one point in the match one charged up his Side Smash while I was using Inhale. It was at the same time my friend was behind me doing a Warlock Punch.

Once that Little Mac did his Side Smash it caused him to move close enough for my Inhale to pull him in, then the Warlock punch actually landed at full force KOing the Little Mac. Both of us were completely stunned and couldn't help but laugh. It was literally one of those "I can't believe that just happened" moments. I saved the Replay and uploaded it just for that amazing moment.

:4dedede: It can be found here (happens @ 1:25) :4ganondorf:

I also saved a Replay for this moment specifically as well, but due to one of the previous updates (I think it was the Ver 6 update) it got lost forever. It was with me and the same friend from earlier on 2v2 For Glory, playing as the same characters cept this time we were going against a Ganondorf and Ness. At one point my friend got smacked pretty far off the stage, and knowing Ganondorf no matter what he did wouldn't save him. He tried to do a Side B and I knew he wouldn't make it, but then.....

It was at that same time I charged Dededes Down Smash and managed to knock the Ness player over to where my friend was. The Ness got caught by the very last moments of my friends Side B, causing it to be an immediate Ganoncide. So instead of it costing us, his death actually became a neutral KO. This was yet another moment we didn't even expect to happen at all.

BONUS. I don't know if this will count as a funny thing or if anyone will find it as amusing as me, but any time I come across someone that starts off with a tag like "Get REKT" or something like that, only for me to beat them horribly always causes me to laugh a little. Even today me and my friend came across two players who had their tags as "T.Rekt" and "Rektangle"

They lost every single match we had with them. At one point they even went double Captain Falcon and tried to taunt after every KO. We did the same and even added in extra taunts, and still ended up winning. They were indeed very "Rekt"...
This team battle last week where me and my partner was up against a King Dedede and Ganondorf. And I had around 130 or whatever damage, all I know is that my character was steaming and stuff.

I had Ganondorf to the left of me and King Dedede to the right. And King Dedede did something, forgot lol, that knocked me over to Ganondorf using his up smash that again knocked me up into King Dedede who was coming down from his up B move. And all I hear is Roy going, 'Ah! Ah! Ah! Ahhhhhhh!'

And then they taunted and once I respawned back I taunted as well. Like I wasn't in the slightest salty. That was hilarious as all get out.
I'm not quite sure, but I think I may of ended up facing you then in a 2v2 match. Are you sure it happened last week...?

Although it didn't happen last week, but rather a month or so ago I had just about that exact same moment happen in one of my matches. It was me as Dedede, my friend as Ganondorf, a Roy, and another who I cannot remember. I remember smacking the Roy and doing my Up B, then the next thing I know the Roy gets smacked into it and gets KO'ed at the last few seconds.

It could be a creepy, insane coincidence, but yeah. Was the Stage "Kalos Pokemon League (Omega)" by any chance?

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Hrrrmmm, lets see... The funniest things that have ever happened to me online that I can remember are:

1. This actually happened between me and one of my online friends. We typically play For Glory style (without the timer) and it was ROB (me) vs his Megaman. At one point he was above me and I tried doing Side B. I was thinking "Well this can't end well" but it was at that exact time he preformed Megamans Down Aerial. I somehow ended up reflecting it and KOing him instantly.

Neither of us knew what to say and I was practically speechless while chuckling to myself IRL. Talk about your luck, right?

2. A friend of mine and I were playing 2v2 For Glory one day as King Dedede & Ganondorf and came across a double Little Mac team. These guys were either new or just terrible Little Macs (can't say for sure), but anyways at one point in the match one charged up his Side Smash while I was using Inhale. It was at the same time my friend was behind me doing a Warlock Punch.

Once that Little Mac did his Side Smash it caused him to move close enough for my Inhale to pull him in, then the Warlock punch actually landed at full force KOing the Little Mac. Both of us were completely stunned and couldn't help but laugh. It was literally one of those "I can't believe that just happened" moments. I saved the Replay and uploaded it just for that amazing moment.

:4dedede: It can be found here (happens @ 1:25) :4ganondorf:

I also saved a Replay for this moment specifically as well, but due to one of the previous updates (I think it was the Ver 6 update) it got lost forever. It was with me and the same friend from earlier on 2v2 For Glory, playing as the same characters cept this time we were going against a Ganondorf and Ness. At one point my friend got smacked pretty far off the stage, and knowing Ganondorf no matter what he did wouldn't save him. He tried to do a Side B and I knew he wouldn't make it, but then.....

It was at that same time I charged Dededes Down Smash and managed to knock the Ness player over to where my friend was. The Ness got caught by the very last moments of my friends Side B, causing it to be an immediate Ganoncide. So instead of it costing us, his death actually became a neutral KO. This was yet another moment we didn't even expect to happen at all.

BONUS. I don't know if this will count as a funny thing or if anyone will find it as amusing as me, but any time I come across someone that starts off with a tag like "Get REKT" or something like that, only for me to beat them horribly always causes me to laugh a little. Even today me and my friend came across two players who had their tags as "T.Rekt" and "Rektangle"

They lost every single match we had with them. At one point they even went double Captain Falcon and tried to taunt after every KO. We did the same and even added in extra taunts, and still ended up winning. They were indeed very "Rekt"...

I'm not quite sure, but I think I may of ended up facing you then in a 2v2 match. Are you sure it happened last week...?

Although it didn't happen last week, but rather a month or so ago I had just about that exact same moment happen in one of my matches. It was me as Dedede, my friend as Ganondorf, a Roy, and another who I cannot remember. I remember smacking the Roy and doing my Up B, then the next thing I know the Roy gets smacked into it and gets KO'ed at the last few seconds.

It could be a creepy, insane coincidence, but yeah. Was the Stage "Kalos Pokemon League (Omega)" by any chance?
Haha it was the pilotwings stage actually! There was still some time on the clock after this happened and after the taunts we got back to fighting lol. That is an insane coincidence though!

Edit: Oh I just noticed how you mentioned your friend was the Ganondorf. Were you in the two player team Smash? This took place in the single one.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Haha it was the pilotwings stage actually! There was still some time on the clock after this happened and after the taunts we got back to fighting lol. That is an insane coincidence though!

Edit: Oh I just noticed how you mentioned your friend was the Ganondorf. Were you in the two player team Smash? This took place in the single one.
Huh, guess it was just a coincidental "Same Moment" then. Ours was on the Kalos Stage at the last 10 seconds or so.

Yes it was in Two Player Teams. I hardly ever do Single Player teams because when my friend isn't around I'm mainly focused on 1V1 For Glory, or For Fun Free For All if I just feel like goofing around and trying other characters aside from my Mains.

Thorina

Smash Rookie
Some recent stuff I remember:
-Not too long ago I faced a really good Falcon player that 2-stocked me every single match. I wish I had saved some of these replays because he knew exactly what I was going to do a lot of the time, so a lot of really dumb (on my part) stuff happened. At some point I teleported right into a Falcon Punch and died, lol.
-I was Lucina facing an Ike. He hits me offstage and jumps off the ledge to attack me, I was trying to recover but accidentally hit side-b instead. So I got confused and mashed up b but got stuck in continuing Dancing Blade, Ike somehow got caught in it and we both died.
-For some reason I'm constantly matched with spam/roll Links recently and it gets really frustrating fighting them over and over. So once again I was fighting a Link doing the FG special of arrow arrow, side smash when close, roll away to other ledge. At this point I was so done with these kind of Links and feeling pretty spiteful. For the next match, I brought out Zelda. Sent out Phantom to block the arrows and bombarded with Dins Fire, then rolled back and forth across the stage once he started to come close...the exact same thing he was doing to me last match. Took his first stock and was about to take the second soon when he gave up and jumped off the ledge halfway through the match, lol. So you don't like the old Spam n' Roll when it's being done to you, eh?

KirbCider

Smash Ace
-For some reason I'm constantly matched with spam/roll Links recently and it gets really frustrating fighting them over and over. So once again I was fighting a Link doing the FG special of arrow arrow, side smash when close, roll away to other ledge. At this point I was so done with these kind of Links and feeling pretty spiteful. For the next match, I brought out Zelda. Sent out Phantom to block the arrows and bombarded with Dins Fire, then rolled back and forth across the stage once he started to come close...the exact same thing he was doing to me last match. Took his first stock and was about to take the second soon when he gave up and jumped off the ledge halfway through the match, lol. So you don't like the old Spam n' Roll when it's being done to you, eh?
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that gives certain players a taste of their own medicine. If I run into a spammer on For Glory and grow tired of them I'll usually spam back, or if it's a super passive player who does absolutely nothing but wait for you to come to them I'll do the same (and/or pick a long distance character to boot as well). It's really funny how they don't like it when you do it.

It just goes to show how fragile their strategies are. Once you figure it out and put a stop to it it's "Welp, better give up!" for them.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that gives certain players a taste of their own medicine. If I run into a spammer on For Glory and grow tired of them I'll usually spam back, or if it's a super passive player who does absolutely nothing but wait for you to come to them I'll do the same (and/or pick a long distance character to boot as well). It's really funny how they don't like it when you do it.

It just goes to show how fragile their strategies are. Once you figure it out and put a stop to it it's "Welp, better give up!" for them.
I often use the same strategy but I almost always win. I think that the problem was their execution.

Kung Fu Treachery

Smash Apprentice
My crowning Ganon moment was jumping over Link's Gale Boomerang, starting up the Warlock Punch, and having the returning Boomerang pull me right up close to clock him in the face. I had tried to get it several times in the match, to no avail. Couldn't believe it connected.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
By and far, the funniest thing that happened to me was when I was up against a Kirby with my R.O.B. We were both on last stocks, and the guy tries to Kirbicide me. He gets me in his mouth, falls down to the lower blast zone... and he dies first, resulting in my win. I saved the replay just for kicks, but when I got back to the CSS, he changed his tag to "I*DUN*GOOF" and left.
I honestly didn't know if I felt bad for the guy or if I felt like laughing at him.
Honorable mention goes to all those Falcon/Ryu/Mario players who try way to hard to style on me and fail miserably. Seriously, shoutouts to you guys. I never need to rent another movie again as long as I've got you guys to entertain me.

Last edited:

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
When I win, (which is very often) and somebody changes their NameTag. (Doesn't happen very much). Recently, I beat another player while I was using Bowser, and he called me "CAMPER" and some other nonsense. He should be banned from all Online and Offline games, and we should break his Wii U, and maybe his head. If I can remember his name, we can report him together as a team. This means he will never be able 2 play video games, ever again.
:gawmelee: :pow: :smash:

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
W-what??

A-anyway..

Once playing a Charizard ditto we both used Rock Smash facing each other. I guess we were trying to tell each other 'you rock'? Haha.

Another time versus this pretty good ZSS player who kept grabbing my Peach Turnips and I would catch them and throw them back and for like fifteen seconds we actually played catch. Hahaha that was the best.

Oh and Kirby dittos, those are great. Yes, I have played against another Kirby as Kirby taking turns inhaling each other and dancing the Kirby dance.

As Villager versus a Lucas who I'd been battling for several rounds, everytime I managed to get them offstage I'd try to spike them with the bowling ball (fearing getting hit by the electric charge thing they do), until I just got tired of missing and hopped right over there and pocketed their PK Thunder. They fell, KO'ed, and when they respawned we stood there facing each other and doing nothing for several moments. xD

optimuskirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-0746-7459
*4-player Smash: Samus shot a charge at me, when I was shulk, I countered it, & Villager jumped RIGHT into my counter
*Extreme edgegaurd using only gyros
*R.O.B. Dair'd a Ganon upwards, & died. Did NOT bounce off the stage, we were both on the left side.
*0-death against a Ness as Zelda.
*Used Zelda's Dspecial on a Duck Hunt can as he was heading towards the phantom, he dodged, but the can stalled the phantom's animation, & hit him after the dodge was over, & he died.
*Changed name to MLG link, &... I think you know what happens, but I won, W/out even trying.

Last edited:

mzzmzz101

Smash Rookie
NNID
AfrouGunsou123
3DS FC
1564-6180-4769
Once I was Dr. Mario against a Roy. I had about 130% and he had about 40%. The match looked hopeless, but as soon as he got up from the ledge I killed him with a fully charged smash attack. How is that even possible XD.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
I was playing as Rosalina against a Villager. The Villager was being kinda spammy so I started using gravitational pull over and over. The Villager walked up and started charging fsmash, so I thought I'd keep spamming and take the hit as a joke, but once fully charged the bowling ball got picked up by gravitational pull, swung around Rosalina, and killed Villager at like 30%

I laughed so hard, I really had no idea that would happen

Last edited:

ATS Alex

The Laziest of Lazybutts
NNID
AlexTheShinigami
In FG Doubles, me and my friend decided to both go as the Dong.
The match for the most part proceeded as normal, but come sudden death, we both got the cargo grab, walked up to center stage and up threw at the same time.

Never Have I laughed so hard

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
in 2v2 FG, I played as Greninja. My random teammate played as Little Mac. Our opponents were, I believe, a Fox and a Captain Falcon. In any case, it is near the end of the match, and it's been pretty close. My teammate has a K.O. punch, and we were on opposite sided of the fight, with both opponents between us. By some divine grace, each of our opponents decides that they should hit the one of us that they were furthest from. I managed to catch both in one fully charged water shuriken... which inevitably drags them both into my teammate. One K.O. punch and two kills later, I was dying of laughter.

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
Haha, I got one. I was gaming on a For Glory 2vs2 we fight and fight, ending up going to sudden death...My team mate gets killed almost instantly. So it is just me with 300% damage against two players, I am using Little Mac and side b just as the enemy team mate gets behind his buddy and KO both of them for the win.

SilverWolfLaguz

Smash Journeyman
Bum****, FL (Heart forever in Massachusetts)
NNID
Dante_Galileo
What ho here's a bit.
*Killed a Little Mac with Upperdash Arm... and he killed me with a forward smash because the super armour had worn off. After we both came back on the revival platforms we just kind of stared at each other for a second as if to say "What the hell just happened."
*Making a Bowser commit Bowsercide on me while on our last stocks. "Can't help but feel sorry for ya" indeed.
*Gimping a Ganondorf's attempt at recovery via Flame Choke by jumping into his way, forcing us both down. The joke was that I had the stock lead.
*Gimping a Ness at under 20% by letting myself be KO'd by PK Thunder 2. As I come back on the revival platform, Ness falls to his death.
*Yet another Little Mac moment! I'll get the video later. Very early into the match, he Jolt Haymakers past me to his death. It's pretty standard until the end, when my Upperdash collides with his attack, sending us both up to the top blast line. Mac goes past the line and dies... while right before the match officially ends my lower half can be seen falling back down to the stage.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
0 to death a Lucas online as Rosalina(just Rosalina, no Luma), and then he killed himself after he lost his 1st stock(JV3)

IronicPomegranate

Smash Rookie
I came across a guy who went by the tag "Player 420", who tried to beat me by spamming Judge Hammer as Game and Watch. I used forward tilt as Little Mac to stop his approaches, and when he realized it wasn't working, he just stood at the ledge and spammed forward tilt hoping to wall me out. Once I took his stock, he instantly ragequitted and left as fast as possible.

I've also countered Ganon's Warlock Punch at a point where the Ganon player started getting greedy for a kill and started spamming neutral-B. It may be even more disrespectful than trying for the Warlock Punch itself.

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
*Footstooling a yoshi player on FG atleast 3-7 times which lead to losing his stock after many sets of matches, i could tell he was mad salty with those LOL :dazwa:
*Fought one of those over confident players who taunt a lot when beating you or take a stock, i lost on my first match as doctor mario so i brought out my toon link i won the next two sets, he/she change the tag name to "SERIOUSLY?" after my first win, i taunted mid game on my second match when i sent his/her character far away since he/she was high percent and i was low on our last stock and then i left since i dislike those type of players. i couldn't stop laughing afterwards. :troll: Edit: oh yeah before our first match started his/her tag switched to "gg" as way of saying you're done for LOL

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
-using Doc's Super Sheet against a Villager's Bowling Ball... at point blank... in the middle of the stage... for the game.

-getting knocked around by Falcon as Robin on the last stock. I miss Thoron, Robin tosses the book, Falcon Dash attacks me... only for the book to bonk him and launch him slightly farther than I was, I grabbed the edge and KOed him with a Levin B-air... after processing what just happened.

-doing Roy's downward Double Edged Dance on an opponent's shield. after a moment,I do it again and BREAK their shield... Full Charged Flare Blade. GGs

Last edited:

ShadeShock

Smash Rookie
Recovering from meteor's by being calm and double jumping and wall jumping recovering and killing them mid taunt. (Mario's mushroom taunt doesnt exactly help in that situation either) :D

ShadeShock

Smash Rookie

The ending of that match speaks for itself.
Wow. XD. If you notice how your Falco went off stage after your standard jab, you cancelled his jab and could have followed up with an arieal that could potentially kill.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wow. XD. If you notice how your Falco went off stage after your standard jab, you cancelled his jab and could have followed up with an arieal that could potentially kill.
It almost costed me the match too. I could've finished him off with a well timed back air or down air.

Sp00kybee

Smash Rookie
NNID
sp00kybee
There was a time where I ran into a ditto peach and we eventually both got a Saturn and just sorta followed our around until I hit his causing it to fall off stage and he chased after it, a tragic end

Top Bottom