• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fun things to do to n00bs

dudemanthing

Smash Cadet
Let's start a long list of cruel things that are fun to do to n00bs. Anything abusive, repetitive, "cheap", or annoying can go here.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
Never move and Counter with Roy for a minute or two.

Teach them Kirbycide, deadzone egg lay, Cargocide, Bowsercide and Ganondorf Dair spam.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I beat this noob once using only Uptilts and Rests.

any move that makes that chime sound is good to spam.

Ness's baseball bat is a personal favorite.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Wave Shine a noob until they get 999% against Great Fox's back fin.
Too sexy and that pisses them off.

That or Ken Combo them. They never see it coming... Chain grabs piss them off too, LOL. They don't DI!!!

dudemanthing said:
Repeatedly use Falco/Fox's Side+B. n00bs never know how to get away from it!
Using that as a offensive move repetitively is noobish itself xD!!!! Pure reason why it's so fun because that move isn't supposed to be that effective!!!!

dudemanthing

Smash Cadet
Inspiration from Cereal Rabbit!
Backing them up against Great Fox's back fin and repeatedly using Pikachu/Pichu's A.

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
Let's start a long list of cruel things that are fun to do to n00bs. Anything abusive, repetitive, "cheap", or annoying can go here.
haha you seemed to have used my term from my thread, "cheap".

telling them that if they ride the arwings/wolfens in corneria they'll get 0%damage. (its true, they die and come back with 0% damage!!)

props to SMYN for thinking of that one!

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Rest contantly.
Spam lasers.
Waveshine to high percentages.
Win with Pichu, Bowser, or Yoshi (they thinks that's offensive).
Roy countering.
Abuse Link's Up B, because they have trouble avoiding it.
Chain grab with any character.
Suicide with any character possible.
Spam Ganondorf's Dair.
Falcon Punch.
Any annoying combo (Ken combo, etc.).
Spam Samus's missiles and charged shots.
Use Shiek (lol)
Wavedash back and forth with Luigi, and when they get near, punish them. They think it's annoying.
Set it to time mode, and pick the Ice climbers. When you are ahead of your opponent (n00b), Freeze Glitch 'em.

KNEED I say more? :)

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Use Falcons taunt after every hit, sooo funny. You can even combo them into a taunt, that always works.
That's too good. I once done that once with my friend. He never wants to play Melee with me again. *Stomp* "Show Me Your Moves!"
*Knee* "Show Me Your Moves!"
*Falcon Punch* "Show Me Your Moves!"
"Sacred Combo" (Knee to Falcon Punch), didn't make it back on the stage so I came back and then came back onto the stage. Then "Show Me Your Moves!"

Use Shiek (lol)
Unless you're a terrible Sheik...

Btw, videos of your smashing coming up yet. ;) ?

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
Noobs cant handle with the grabs. So just go all Marth or CF and chaingrab/ techchase them all the time. Thats pretty cruel to a nub imo

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
If there being all cocky and saying they'll win, go up to him and say its your first time playing and.............

mayosan

Smash Rookie
i usualy just toy with them and experiment new things on them, knowing that they are no threat. ^___^

tomvanharmelen

Smash Journeyman
spot dodge and roll without attacking for a while

do not finish the last stock with anby other attack than falcon punch
keep on tryin.. even if the chances are you will lose three stock and eventually win with 1 stock left.. only f

powershield falco lasers ( way too easy when it's not short hopped)

only use jabs ( especially when playin falco or fox)
walk with your character, never run

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Gimp them like you never gimped before. Kill them with less than 30% and watch them squirm!

Use some japanese DI powers and survive pass 500% damage.

Unless you're a terrible Sheik...
Terrible Shiek? TERRIBLE SHIEK!?? Blasphemy.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Its a bland idea, but winning with Pichu is always hilarious. Course i don't really like to sandbag like this since i don't wanna be a jerkface and i want a noob to have fun and enjoy their time, especially at tourneys. Of course, you'll meet extremely cocky players and a good 4 stocking is always smerk-worthy.

lolomgwtfbbq

Smash Apprentice
I taught my friend who isn't very good about Peach's Dsmash... Oh, how I regret doing it. Now he can actually get a stock off me. :(
I love camping lasers w/ falco or missiles with samus. They just don't get how to get past them lol.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
My bro and I played some friendly doubles against some beginners...

We waited for them to pick their characters and we used the exact same characters. We won every time. Once they picked Sheik and Jiggs... my bro picked Sheik and I picked Jiggs.

They had 1 player left with 1 stock - Sheik Dthrow into Jiggs aerial rest = wtfwin amazing!

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thats why watching Buzz play newbies is SOO entertaining. Especially the ones who are like, "Oh yeah I'm so good at Smash, I've killed everyone I've played."

Aparently they've never been to a tournament or played a tournament player.

It's especially humbling when a female beats them at smash. :D

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
I got some friends who think compettive smash is cheap...and all that jazz.

I love to get them at around 60% or so, and spam ftilt edguarding with samus untill they simply fall to their death, its REALLY great.

Another good one, play fox dittos, and continually upthrow chainthrow them, they dont DI, then finish them with a charged upsmash. :)

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
Speak advanced with them:
"Dude, I shffl all the time. DJC aireal, SHB blah blah Jumpcanceled shine, SWD is awesome. What do you think of pivot? AR..."

You just proclaimed yourself a Smashnerd but I love the "ó.Ò' wut?!"-faces they make ^^ totally worth it

Top Bottom