• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fully spaced PK fire W/O switching special to c-stick?

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
I remember reading you could get the effect of a 'b-stick' PK fire without switching c-stick to specials...what's the correct input for that?

arrowhead

Smash Ace
jump forward
pk fire backward
very quickly DI forward

if you don't see results, try it in reduced speed training mode

St. Viers

Smash Champion
only because of human slowness in going from reverse pk fire to forward...

it's like people saying you needed the c-stick to SHBAWD in melee (a useful technique for doc/mario), when all you needed was quick fingers to do it without ;)

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
jump forward
pk fire backward
very quickly DI forward

if you don't see results, try it in reduced speed training mode
Maybe stupid question: (Let's just assume we're facing right)
You jump to the right, but if you 'pk fire backwards' aren't you shooting it the wrong way O_o?
I think I'm just interpreting incorrectly.

The motion would be jump right -> flick left -> pk fire right correct?

Or am I just missing it somehow?

Levitas

the moon
Hold it, I want to clear things up. I was the person that made the claim that you could bstick w/o bsticking. That is incorrect. This is something else, I want to make that crystal clear.

However wordy it may be, what arrowhead described is a "Dash Assisted PK Waveland" And his version of the controls are slightly off.

The correct input to shoot left is this: Dash right, jump, flick left and press b. You can achieve the same distance of waveland with this that you could with the bstick. HOWEVER, this is not used for the same thing, and in fact augments the bstick more than anything. This technique is used for retreating, you'll note that you start the technique by running away from your opponent. The bstick only works when you start by running toward your opponent.

Summary of what I just said: The DAPKWL (it's not really important to name, it's an expected momentum artifact) is NOT the same as a wavebounce. They augment each other, DAPKWL is used to retreat, wavebouncing is for when you're the aggressor.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Maybe stupid question: (Let's just assume we're facing right)
You jump to the right, but if you 'pk fire backwards' aren't you shooting it the wrong way O_o?
I think I'm just interpreting incorrectly.

The motion would be jump right -> flick left -> pk fire right correct?

Or am I just missing it somehow?
Hold it, I want to clear things up. I was the person that made the claim that you could bstick w/o bsticking. That is incorrect. This is something else, I want to make that crystal clear.

However wordy it may be, what arrowhead described is a "Dash Assisted PK Waveland" And his version of the controls are slightly off.

The correct input to shoot left is this: Dash right, jump, flick left and press b. You can achieve the same distance of waveland with this that you could with the bstick. HOWEVER, this is not used for the same thing, and in fact augments the bstick more than anything. This technique is used for retreating, you'll note that you start the technique by running away from your opponent. The bstick only works when you start by running toward your opponent.

Summary of what I just said: The DAPKWL (it's not really important to name, it's an expected momentum artifact) is NOT the same as a wavebounce. They augment each other, DAPKWL is used to retreat, wavebouncing is for when you're the aggressor.
OK...I'm looking to be the aggressor in the situation I originally described. Is it possible to jump at the opponent (again, let's assume we're running at an opponent on the right side), do a pk fire in that same direction, and get the wavebounce/bstick/whatever effect WITHOUT mapping special to the c-stick?

I could have sworn that not only did I read about being able to do this, but I did it the other night, but I was half asleep so who the hell knows.

Levitas

the moon
Arrowhead says yes, I say no. The idea with his approach is to jump at them, hit the pk fire backwards, and then hit towards them again to turn lucas around and shoot it at the afterall.

I've never heard this before, and those were the same inputs on the controls that I used for the DAPKWL before, but facing the opposite direction, and I've never seen Lucas turn around during his side b.

He says he's got vids, so I'm curious to see what he's talking about, to confirm things one way or another.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
i posted a video in the advanced techs thread. it's poor quality but it should show that it's possible without b-sticking unless i got all my facts wrong

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Arrowhead, can you just post the link in this thread?

I really prefer to have my aerials mapped to c-stick (habit from Melee), so if this is possible without switching that, I'd be thrilled.

I'm positive I managed to pull it off before, but couldn't do it last night when trying to show someone. I was pretty sure if you activated PK Fire in one direction, you couldn't switch it to the other, but I could definitely be wrong.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Thanks arrowhead.

So it's more like Pk Fire the opposite way and IMMEDIATELY pivot it.

I had the motion down, just the timing was a touch off.

I didn't realize you should actually see him face the other way for a second.

yshikllr

Smash Apprentice
yeah you don't have to b-stick this.......you can do everything with the control stick and it just takes a little bit of practice

Top Bottom