• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fully-black textured battlefield

Antomeq

Smash Rookie
I have spent a few hours trying to hack all of the stage textures for battlefield to be completely black, but it seems that a few of the textures simply will not turn black even after replacing all the textures in the main hacking guide thread.

Has anyone found a way to conveniently make all of the stage textures black? Or better yet, does someone have the DAT files for some all-black stages?

Cheers.

Antomeq

Smash Rookie
For demonstration purposes, specifically to create a clean style for all animations on liquipedia.

I made a multishine animation

And I want to make more like it, but in this case I used flat-zone and simply made the background black. If I want to move around or use platforms/the ledge, I would like to use a stage like FD or battlefield.

Last edited:

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
For demonstration purposes, specifically to create a clean style for all animations on liquipedia.

And I want to make more like it, but in this case I used flat-zone and simply made the background black. If I want to move around or use platforms/the ledge, I would like to use a stage like FD or battlefield.
just use the function in the debug menu that turns the background completely black

Achilles1515

Smash Master

Pretty much what Goatlink said. Except parts of Battlefield's animated background are still visible. You could do this though:

Use this Gecko code:
04452C70 000000FF
(Permanently turns background to black [hex value of --> 0x000000]. This hex value can be changed to any color.)

Go to Debug Menu and turn Dblevel to "Develop"

Play a match and hit X+D-Pad Down twice. Every stage should then be all black.

EDIT: That's really neat btw! Feel free to post any more you make in here.

Last edited:

Antomeq

Smash Rookie
Pretty much what Goatlink said. Except parts of Battlefield's animated background are still visible. You could do this though:

Use this Gecko code:
04452C70 000000FF
(Permanently turns background to black [hex value of --> 0x000000]. This hex value can be changed to any color.)

Go to Debug Menu and turn Dblevel to "Develop"

Play a match and hit X+D-Pad Down twice. Every stage should then be all black.

EDIT: That's really neat btw! Feel free to post any more you make in here.
Using that gecko code simply gives me a frozen black screen on launch in dolphin. The debug trick works a treat, but some of the background effects still remain(stars on battlefield, water spray on fountain of dreams etc..) Though I guess I can just use another map and disable stage hazards.

Top Bottom