• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Inui

Banned via Warnings
This might be my new favorite anime of all time.

Imo, it thoroughly trounces the original. I think the story is way better and makes more sense. I like the new characters.

Who else has been watching?

I started last week...and watched all 58 eps that were out in 4 days, lol. The wait for the rest is killing me.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I've actually been thinking of giving this anime a try. All i've heard are good things about it and besides I need something to keep me busy while I wait for the Soul Eater dub.

One thing I wanna know, how long is the anime?

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
how long? you mean the runtime of an episode? it's around 22 or more minutes. If you're talking about how many episodes then I don't know what to tell you but the last FMA anime had 51 episodes.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Definitely in the top of my favourite animes.
I started last week...and watch all 58 eps that were out in 4 days, lol. The wait for the rest is killing me.
Haha 58, that's over 24 hours worth. Good man.

I watched the original up to about episode 15 before completely giving up from sheer boredom. I was sceptical when my mate gave me Brotherhood.
But hotdam, was instantly absorbed by the much faster pace and battles. The story is better presented as well with awesome characters. Enjoyed every moment, the fight scenes, even the emotional parts *wipes a tear away*

Roys fire alchemy is overpowered imo haha :p
Homunculus are supposed to be superior to humans, yet Roy can vanquish them with a click of his finger (literally). Lust was cake, Envy was actually scared ****less, running away. Perfect alchemy for killing them I guess.
Pride reminds me of Gaara, the way he can just stand still and ****.
General Olivier Armstrong is my fave char, such a badsas. <3

Mushyroom

Smash Rookie
This anime is really cool. I haven't watched anime in a long time. I watched K-On but I kinda got bored with it. I've been watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood straight. I still haven't watched the latest episodes yet though.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I watched the original too, and I must say that I prefer this one over the original. All in all, I do like it a lot, not my favorite though, but def up there.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
General Armstrong is a little too crazy for my tastes, but she's a good addition to go along with her brother and I like what the whole Briggs group adds to the show.

I love that Mustang and Envy, my two favorite characters, got buffed in terms of both power and importance. It's keeping me more interested than the original did, since Mustang was just at his desk all the time in the original and Lust overshadowed the other villains until the end.

Brotherhood is actually making me feel things. The story can really move you to tears or laughter at times. The original couldn't do that to me.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Brotherhood is actually making me feel things. The story can really move you to tears or laughter at times. The original couldn't do that to me.
Really? It's kind of the opposite for me. I will not say that Brotherhood's story is worse than the first one's, because in reality the first one's story was a mess and when I try to rewatch it I can't... But when I did first watch it had me pulled in all of the way through, and it made me cry.

Brotherhood hasn't really made me do that. I have felt for the characters and I like the story, it's just not as emotional to me. I don't know why.

Anyway it's incredible how fast this anime has caught up to the manga. Good thing they timed it up so perfectly so the manga would end just slightly first.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Brotherhood is fantastic. I love the music in the show as well. I don't think there has been a OP or ED I haven't loved to death.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Brotherhood is almost over (in Japan), so sad. I like it more than the first series since this one's more faithful to the anime. When I first watched the first series, I liked the first half but was somewhat disappointed with the second half when it deviated. But the first half was done better than the beginning of Brotherhood. I give Brotherhood the benefit of the doubt since they were obviously rushing to get to new material.

Currently, I'm beginning to appreciate the first series more than I did before just for how certain scenes and the direction was presented. So my attitude for the first series has changed slightly, but still I like Brotherhood more.

And one more chapter of the manga and it's over. :(

Mota

Brotherhood is fantastic. I love the music in the show as well. I don't think there has been a OP or ED I haven't loved to death.
So true, most on my ipod. Again by YUI <3

I'll admit I got teary and moved in some parts.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I downloaded a lot of the music.

The action scenes involving Bradley are incredible. I wish Bradley and Mustang were that awesome and involved in the first anime. Bradley's fighting style is my favorite type in anime/games/etc.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The new episode was good like the rest. It's a shame Mustang got shafted so hard. The Door of Truth sure ***** him hard. :(

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Only now watched it? pfft~

But yeah,
Mustang being blind is a nice plot twist, also surprised that Alphonse didn't accept his old body, the most interesting is that he said that he'll come back to the body :o

global-wolf

Smash Champion
My favorite anime of all time. Though I haven't really watched many, lol.

Plot, characters, animation, and background music is too amazing <3

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Lucas, I love you for making this thread.
You don't even know bro.

It's by far my favorite series of all time. I love everything FMA. Any of the people I went to high school or past girlfriends can tell you about my obsession with it.

Anyways, I've only had one single complaint about the series.
In the original anime, we were exposed to Nina and Alexander in two back to back episodes and were given a lot of time to become attached to those characters. When she died, I'm not ashamed to say I cried yo. It was one of the saddest moments in anything I've ever seen.

I felt like Brotherhood didn't do that part of the series justice. Though I honestly can't complain too much because I highly doubt they could've made it any more emotional.

Ling Yao<3

Lastly... I wish Frank Archer would've had a roll in Brotherhood. I actually liked that character for some odd reason.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm sad the manga's finally over. It's been quite a ride these past several years.
Can't wait to see it all animated in Brotherhood now.

Mota

I like that it's ended, can't wait.
Mangas and animes that never end really just deteriorate in quality after a while.

gotpho

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I did not enjoy FMA at all but Brotherhood is awesome. Much more fast-paced and more interesting characters.

Mota

Ep60 and 61, things are definitely picking up, a little too fast and rushed imo.

Mota

The FMA brotherhood is finished :(

It was a nice happy, wrapped everything up, was a bit zzz but expected.

Definitely one of my faves animes, what did everyone else think of the ending and overall?

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Lol no, not Conqueror of Shambala.

At the end of the last episode, they confirm the movie.
Go on Random Curiosity too.

I'm much more lazy than you are so you can get your own link >:3

L__

Smash Master
Wut?

Random Curiosity said:
* A movie version of the series was announced at the conclusion of this episode. My guess is that it’s going to be a condensed version of the same story.
that's all the info I saw on the movie... did we look at the same info?

Top Bottom