• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fthrow to dash attack

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
vs marth when is a good place to insert this? i noticed drephen used it against marth in match around 20%....is that because at 20% marth can jump out without taking any damage except the tilt and you can't get nair off in time (just guessing haven't tested any)?

i assume if the marth had DIed down he would have landed and been able to shieldgrab the dash attack..but he didn't

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
if he DI's forward you can grab him again, if he DI's behind you just tilt or jump ariel.

You can do dthrow and if they DI away dash attack, but only at low percents.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
unfortunately i think at low percent they can di up and away to avoid regrab...will be low enough to avoid an aerial probably and will di the tilt away to land safely.

so the 20-30 % range of grabs on marth seems to be the least useful ones i think.

can you dash attack if they di the tilt away before they land or jump out?

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Why not jump cancel/ dash attack cancel a grab instead of dash attacking? Then you wouldn't have to worry about marth shield grabbing.

Top Bottom