• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

From starter to unlockable how do you feel

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
This isn't the first game Wario's had to be unlocked for, even after being a starter in others. Mario Kart 7 and at least one of the Golf games also had him as unlockable, if not several more. He's probably used to the back and forth by now.
I'm fine with him being an unlockable, so long as he can be unlocked and playable in the long run. Big W was one of my faves in Brawl when things didn't go my way.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
The streamers unlocked all characters in /one/ day.
No one should be complaining about who is locked and who isn't.

D

Deleted member

I used to be like; "why," but now I'm fine with it because then I'll have to unlock all my Brawl mains while my planned Smash 4 mains are starter.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
My only question on the matter How is he unlocked? Im just glad he's back at all! (Not that I had any doubts)

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Yah, cause Wario is so important to the Mario series compared to Luigi's role.
I know I'm probably showing fanboyness, but think for 5 seconds how important Wario is in Mario compared to Luigi.
Erm meant in the way Luigi has been secret in all of the previous games, while Wario was starter in Brawl. So he should have been kept secret while Wario should have been starter. Just to keep it like it has always been, nothing to do with who is more important.
But in the end, both were the type of characters that we were certain they were in the game since the game got announced. So who is secret or not is irrelevant. Now, Luigi fans will get to play their main from the get go.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yah, cause Wario is so important to the Mario series compared to Luigi's role.
I know I'm probably showing fanboyness, but think for 5 seconds how important Wario is in Mario compared to Luigi.
Except Wario has his own, independent series.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
From what I hear, it's from playing 20-30 vs. matches. Guess I'll just start a one stock match, and walk off 30 times.
Heard you could unlock him by beating 100 man melee but I'm not sure.

D

Deleted member

It's not a big deal, but why is Wario unlockable? He's literally the worst kept secret in Smash history. (or Ganondorf is)

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun Wario was in Brawl. His unusual...characteristics make for a fun unlockable.
And the scene in Subspace where he picked his nose instead of paying attention was awesome.
Let's just say they were...DIGGING FOR GOLD for that scene! ;)

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I am disappointed, The starting roster is horrible in almost every way. Why is Wario unlockable but Green Mario is a starter?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
To unlock him you must either complete 30 Vs matches or complete 100 Man Mode

It's not that big a deal that he's unlockable now, but I still think his and Luigi's lock status should have been swapped

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Literally doesn't matter, no one cares. You can unlock the entire roster in under 2 hours.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I was actually hoping he would be one of them who would get unlockable status this time around. Guess I've always been a fan of wanting more unlockables (they really messed that up this time)

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
It's not a big deal, but why is Wario unlockable? He's literally the worst kept secret in Smash history. (or Ganondorf is)
Pretty sure Wario is.

The E Shop Fiasco
His logo in the assist trophy direct
The logo in the demo Ad

three strikes, your out!

He's been hinted at more than Lucario, and he's a starter!

Last edited:
Top Bottom