• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Friendly SuperMod needs team rated

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Hopefully I've come to the right place, GameFAQs moves WAY too fast.

This is just a first draft and any of the pokes can be replaced (haven't EV trained or anything yet). I've never really done anything with Pokemon before outside of completing the games themselves, never really bothered with battling other people or Netbattle, etc.

I plan on using this for WiFi battles.

Ok, here goes:

Infernape
- Jolly @ ???
Mach Punch
Stone Edge
Flare Blitz
Swords Dance

Milotic
- Modest @ ???
Ice Beam
Surf
Hypnosis
Recover

Lucario
- Modest @ ???
Calm Mind
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse

Salamence - Jolly @ ???
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Roost

Electivire - Jolly @ Choice Band
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Thunder Wave

Claydol-
Calm @ Leftovers
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Ice Beam
Toxic

I'm thinking about maybe getting rid of Infernape, and replacing the EQ on Electivire with Fire Punch.

Anyway, any help is appreciated!

phish-it

Smash Champion
Just taking a glance, Salamence might work better as adamant. Being that it should only take 1 dragon dance before you outspeed Aerodactyl, Jolteon etc. also, you might as well give claydol a stabbed psychic instead of ice beam since you've already got 2 ice moves on your team already.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
@phish-it: No. Just because you have a lot of one type of move (especially if it's ice), is not a bad thing. It's just when those moves are on the same pokemon. There are a lot of pokes that don't like ice attacks, and they're all very deadly.

Infernape
- Jolly @ ???
Mach Punch
Stone Edge
Flare Blitz
Swords Dance
Physical infernrape, and you don't have close combat? That's gotta be like a crime or something. Mach punch should be the move to go. It's got 108 base spd and you're using jolly lol (although you should probably use adamant)

Normally I'd say use life orb on this but between that, flare blitz, and a possible sandstorm... it might not live long enough to pull the complete sweep. Just go with the standard lefties, or remove FB for something else and give it LO.

Milotic
- Modest @ ???
Ice Beam
Surf
Hypnosis
Recover
Bold nature. Give it lefties. The set is fine.

Lucario
- Modest @ ???
Calm Mind
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
CM lucario? I had actually only vaguely considered it as a possibility. Sure, it has great satk, but it's only got 90 base spd. Getting ohko'd by a gaburaisu (garchomp) eq doesn't help. I would stick with choice specs (which I abbreviate as cg, since their original translation was choice glasses) on this for special attacking.

Salamence - Jolly @ ???
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Roost
If you're DDing, you only need 270 spd, meaning ADAMANT. You only need to hit 404 spd after a DD, which outspeeds adamant cs (choice scarf) hera (and before a dd will outspeed adamant cb hera). I would actually recommend not using Roost. You're not gonna be bringing this thing in until you're ready to sweep, so you won't get much of a chance to use it. Either lum or lefties for an item. Your choice. Give it either flamethrower or fie blast as your last move, so you can tear apart the physical walls (that should already be weakened before you try to sweep).

Electivire - Jolly @ Choice Band
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Thunder Wave
Remember that switching into an electric attack with this will increase your speed, so you could consider life orb. Twave doesn't seem particularly useful on this set. I'd rather just use something like cross chop.

Claydol-
Calm @ Leftovers
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Ice Beam
Toxic
Bold>Calm. Toxic was great on this in adv, but I think you'd be better off giving it land power, otherwise stupid stuff will end up walling you. You could also use it over stealth rock, although honestly, if someone doesn't want you spinning away their sr/spikes, they aren't going to let you. SR is easy enough to lay down that people probably won't bother much with spinning it away, so you may as well use it.
Ok, the first problem is that you have three endgame sweepers. Infernape, Lucario, and Salamence. Lucario is the weak link, so I would drop it before anything. Between mence and infernape, I would just make mence a choice specs user, and lead with it (timid, as you need to outspeed adamant gaburaisu). I keep saying that blissey is the only really viable special wall this gen for a reason. It's the only thing that can actually reliably take Draco Meteor from mence, and it's the only thing that isn't completely destroyed by azelf. The other special walls can't keep up with all the rest of the cg stuff, either - for example, snorlax is 2HKOed by cg zapdos tbolt.

And I think you can guess what my next suggestion is. Replace lucario with blissey (natural cure variant). Softboiled/Aromatheropy/seismic toss/ib. Bold nature.

If you plan on Ev training, these are the basic spreads I'd use for each of those pokes:

Infernrape: 252 atk/enough for 304 speed (stat)/rest in hp
Mence: 252 satk/enough for 304 speed (stat)/rest in hp
Milotic: 252 hp / a lot of def (say, enough for 250, more if you have leftover EVs from the satk) / enough for 222 satk
Electivire: 252 atk/enough for (guess what?) 304 speed/rest in (guess what?) hp
Claydol: 252 hp/enough for 300 def/rest in satk
Blissey: 252 hp/252 def/6 satk (or sdef, w/e

Bliss is a poke that really likes perfect IVs, but since that's unlikely to ever happen, I just gave you a simple spread. The 304 speed I gave you for all those pokes outspeeds max speed adamant gaburaisu (garchomp).

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Wow, you really seem to know what you're talking about.

However, I don't have LG/FR so I can't get a Blissey with Seismic Toss (unless you're willing to trade me a Blissey with that exact moveset). Do you have any other recommendations for the moveset?

Also, I decided to drop Infernape for Dusknoir (Impish: Will-o-wisp; substitute; pain split; shadow punch) and I'm switching out Salamence's Roost with Aerial Ace (needed an anti-fighting/anti-Double Team move, anyway).

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
I know how to get the Blissey, I just can't get Seismic Toss on it.

btw you can catch Chansey too, I forget where but I've caught one wild in Pearl.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Wow, you really seem to know what you're talking about.

However, I don't have LG/FR so I can't get a Blissey with Seismic Toss (unless you're willing to trade me a Blissey with that exact moveset). Do you have any other recommendations for the moveset?

Also, I decided to drop Infernape for Dusknoir (Impish: Will-o-wisp; substitute; pain split; shadow punch) and I'm switching out Salamence's Roost with Aerial Ace (needed an anti-fighting/anti-Double Team move, anyway).
Focus Punch>sub. Otherwise, anything normal will gladly wall you. Besides, Dusknoir actually has a good attack stat. Of course that requires prediction, but if you can't predict, you're gonna have some trouble anyway. When EV training, be sure to use 252 HP, then fill out your remaining EVs for w/e you want to focus on. If you want to make it amazing at taking physical hits, pour most of the remaining EVs into def, or if you were going for something more balanced, sdef (although if you want balanced, you will still need to put some EVs into Def). When you find out your IVs, be sure to check if focus punch is a 2HKO on bliss, otherwise you may need to throw some EVs into atk. It's important that FP is able to 2HKO bliss, because otherwise there isn't any room for mindgames, and possibly setting yourself up based off of your predictions.

If Frank Fly has you covered on the bliss, that's great, because although I theoretically *could* get you one, I don't have the national dex yet.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
How would I go about finding if Focus Punch 2HKO's Blissey? I'm working toward good IV's right now, but how do I know for sure?

Also, if either you or Frank Fly really wants to get me that Chansey/Blissey would there be any way I could better IV's on it? I'd prob. be stuck with what I got. Would that even make a difference on Blissey?

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
IVs are Individual Values. Each stat on a Pokemon has an IV number of 0-31. At Lvl. 100 a pokemon with 31 IV's in a stat would have 31 extra points in it, 20 IV's = 20 points, etc.

It's the Pokemon equivalent of good genes. It's always better to have good IV's in stats you're going to need (ex: Atk and Spd in a Physical Sweeper).

My biggest fear is that a Chansey I'll get from someone with the moveset I want would have crappy IV's. Generally I spend a good bit of time working for good values, but since Chansey can't really pass on any egg moves (being all female) I'm stumped.

I guess I COULD work on the Chansey, give it to one of you guys, get Seismic Toss on it, then have you send it back . . . hmm.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Is it untouched (not used in battle)? If so can you post the nature and all stats (Lvl, Hp, Atk, etc).

Sandy

Smash Champion
Lvl: 50
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Serene Grace
Attack: 62
Defense: 55
Sp. Atk: 127
Sp Def: 205
Speed: 107
Hold Item: Soft Sand

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
How would I go about finding if Focus Punch 2HKO's Blissey? I'm working toward good IV's right now, but how do I know for sure?

Also, if either you or Frank Fly really wants to get me that Chansey/Blissey would there be any way I could better IV's on it? I'd prob. be stuck with what I got. Would that even make a difference on Blissey?
Uh... lemme do some damage calcs.

205 atk (00 IV) dusknoir against a 252 hp/def bold blissey: 381-401 damage (48-56%)
215 atk (10 IV) dusknoir against a 252 hp/def bold blissey: 358-420 damage (50-59%)
225 atk (20 IV) dusknoir against a 252 hp/def bold blissey: 374-440 damage (52-62%)
230 atk (25 IV) dusknoir against a 252 hp/def bold blissey: 382-449 damage (54-63%)

228 atk (23 IV) dusknoir against a 252 hp/def bold blissey: 379-445 damage (53-62%)

The last one is what you should be looking at, because it's the minimum value you can have and still be able to put blissey in the 2HKO range. If you have less than a 23 Atk IV, you'll need to divert some EVs into atk. Although its unlikely you'll go against a max hp/def bliss, it does happen, and is best to be prepared.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
My Duskoir's Attack EV's are cool. I'm just worried about Chansey's. Do they really make a big difference?

In other words, can I rely on a Chansey I didn't raise myself?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
For an ib bliss, the important IVs are Def and satk, and of course sdef. Its hp is high enough that if it isn't perfect you won't be losing out on a lot.

The reason I said bliss likes perfect IVs is because you need about 144 EVs in satk with a 31 IV to kill what ib is supposed to kill. As you can see, it eats up a nice chunk of your available EVs.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
What if I used Thunder Wave instead of Ice Beam, since I've got pretty good coverage with Ice Beam already? Would that be viable?

also it occured to me that you can't trade from D/P to FR/LG, so I'd pretty much HAVE to rely on someone else to get Seismic Toss on a good IV Chansey with Aromatherapy . . . kind of a drag.

Samochan

Smash Master
About that Dusknoir 2hkoing bliss, you'll need to take account leftovers recovery as well... unless you already did but I just wanted to point that out. ^^; Having a max IV'd dittos with different natures should help with the breeding, otherwise it's gonna be a drag and there is really no way for anyone to get supergood IV's without max IV dittos. It's killing me when I'm trying to breed good stuff on Ruby even with the help of dittos... otherwise I wouldn't even bother. >_> 31/31/24/23/31/31 IV Beldum isn't gonna do me much good with relaxed nature. >.> That kind of specimen takes about a week on Ruby when it would take only 1 day on Eme and DP. >_>

Probably the best way to get good chancey would be to breed chansey with max IV ditto so that you get the best possible IV's for chansey. Then you could either speed things up and get max IV aromatheraphy pokemon (Roselia?) with preferred nature (bold or calm for DP bliss?) and breed that with chansey till you get a good one, or breed that male pokemon with max IV ditto with preferred nature and get as good IV's as possible (no attack needed of course) and then breed that one with chansey till you get good one. After you have good chansey with aromathreaphy, you'd have to move it to Eme (dunno if DP has tutors teaching Seismic Tosses) and teach it seismic toss via the tutor there (AR would be preferred again, so you can teach the same move another time. Substitute anyone?)

Just to note, without AR there is only little possibility to ever get good IV'd pokemons or even a good competitive team, which is kinda ironic. Not to straight hax pkmns with max IV and compete, but dittos to breed for example to make life easier, not to mention TM's, salac and other berries, rare candies so you can check IV's and stuff. But yeah, I'm done blabbering here. ^^;;

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
What if I used Thunder Wave instead of Ice Beam, since I've got pretty good coverage with Ice Beam already? Would that be viable?
With the existence of both garchomp and electivire, twave is practically suicide. The last thing you want to do is provide a free switch for either of these behemoths. Twave will actually make electivire faster, which is never a good thing. Just clone your IB TMs you'll be fine. Even if you can't kill them in one hit with it, you'll be doing enough damage to keep them from wanting to throw most of their life away. Right now the best strategy I know of to counter gaburaisu/mence/etc is to just not allow them to come in easily.

About that Dusknoir 2hkoing bliss, you'll need to take account leftovers recovery as well... unless you already did but I just wanted to point that out.
Min damage with a 228 atk fp is 53%, so after two hits that's 106% damage, which does take into account lefties. Damage-wise, two hits at min damage will do exactly 758 damage, the very maximum hp blissey will have if you add one round of lefties to its normal maximum of 714. As you can see, it can do a lot more than that, though, so under most conditions bliss will be in the yellow, especially since not every bliss will have max hp/def.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Wait, so it IS or IS NOT possible to move Chansey from D/P into Emerald/LeafGreen/FireRed? Because if it's not possible I wouldn't want someone to go through the trouble to do all of my breeding for me.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
@bahamut
you cant move pokemon from D/P to the gba or gb games.
I was afraid of that. Thanks though.
Frank Fly said:
I have a Blissey for you Baha.
Yes, I'm aware of that, but I don't just need a Blissey, I need an untouched or EV-Trained Bold Blissey with Aromatherapy and Seismic Toss with good IV's. If the Blissey you have fits that description, then I'd be happy to accept it for whatever you want, really. However, I'm being really picky about this because if I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it right.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
???

Post stats plz (HP, ATK, DEF, etc.). Don't forget the HP, most people forget that when they post stats. Also is it EV trained or untouched?

is there anything you want in return? I don't want to just take it from you, and at the same time I don't like being put in the position of owing favors.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Baha, I wouldn't worry too much about the IVs. Obviously you want the best IVs you can get but the likelyhood of facing a pokemon with perfect IVs is pretty low. Factor in the chances of that pokemon being a Blissey counter and you can see why it wouldn't be a big deal if the Blissey was good but not perfect. As long as it has the right nature and good EV training you'll be set.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
So sayeth my enemy in a month's time. :smiliegor

but yeah, the more I think about it the less I care.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Name: Blissey
HP: 362
Attack: 55
Defense: 68
Sp. Atk 127
Sp. Def 187
Speed 107
Ability: Serene Grace
Item Soft Sand

Top Bottom