• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Friendlies] vyse(Diddy) Vs. DR1VE(Wolf) - 2 Matches (Crtique please?)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
As you can see, I've been a busy little bee in the last 24 hours. Just a couple of friendlies I decided to record with my brother.
vyse(Diddy) Vs. DR1VE(Wolf) 1
vyse(Diddy) Vs. DR1VE(Wolf) 2

Please don't flame my brother's Wolf, he's still not very good at Brawl yet.
Me on the other hand, you can flame all you want >.< My Diddy isn't top tier material yet either :laugh:

So yeah, comments and critique please >.<

Solid Cake

Smash Cadet
Good matches.
The only thing I think you could work on is to be a little more aggressive, it seemed to me that you were playing a little bit too safe in the first match, the second was a little better.
Really liked the glide tossing with the backwards roll. Good job!

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
I really only have one critique. You seemed to glide toss backwards a lot more often than forwards. When you have the momentum (and a banana in front of you as well as in your hand), I'd think that glide tossing forward will help pressure your opponent and give you an aggressive edge. The only times I saw you lose control of a banana were also due to a glide toss backwards instead of forwards (because you left one banana in front of Wolf, and one was a short run away from you, if you had glide toss forward you could have thrown another banana at him, not allowing him to pick one up).

Other than that I thought you were a pretty good Diddy. You definitely spaced pretty well, your usage of one banana was good (especially on battlefield it can get annoying because bananas fly up to platforms) and you timed your bananas into finishers well.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
all i can suggest really is to use back glide tossing alittle less, cause sometimes it was hurting you to do it, and also to be more aggressive on some follow ups (like someone said earlier). sometimes you'd throw the banana, maybe dash attack, then get the banana again instead of attacking him.

besides that though, good stuff

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
I really only have one critique. You seemed to glide toss backwards a lot more often than forwards. When you have the momentum (and a banana in front of you as well as in your hand), I'd think that glide tossing forward will help pressure your opponent and give you an aggressive edge. The only times I saw you lose control of a banana were also due to a glide toss backwards instead of forwards (because you left one banana in front of Wolf, and one was a short run away from you, if you had glide toss forward you could have thrown another banana at him, not allowing him to pick one up).

Other than that I thought you were a pretty good Diddy. You definitely spaced pretty well, your usage of one banana was good (especially on battlefield it can get annoying because bananas fly up to platforms) and you timed your bananas into finishers well.
ya glide tossing forward can lead to better follow ups like smashes or grabs.

---

btw tell your brother wolf has this thing called a reflector.... helps against nanners...not flaming him but it would help him and you have more competitve matches

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah. I know I glide toss backwards way too often. -_-
It's something I really need to work on.

And yeah, my brother could stand to do more than f-smash, d-smash and laser. He's always wanting to see my other friends play Wolf so he can learn, so at least he's not stubborn.

Mmm, it's hard to strike that fine balance between banana control and Combo'ing.

Thanks for the help guys, I think it's pretty clear what I need to work on, so I'll practice some more and post some new vids when I think I'm better :laugh:

Skarmbliss

Smash Cadet
Yeah. I know I glide toss backwards way too often. -_-
It's something I really need to work on.
Haha we're the opponsites, I glide toss foward more than i reverse glide toss and thats something I need to get use to lol. Your Diddy is good and you have good Banana games.

After when you side dodge, try to run away from your oppoenent and pull out those bananas. I suggest you dont use your down smash when they are not in your range or down smash after the side dodge roll around your opponent for mind games. When you appoach, try to do a dash attack and follow it up with a U smash and it can create some major havoc.

Top Bottom