• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fresno Three's (New Melee Game)

Mevan

Smash Rookie
Okay guys, so this will be my first time posting here so take it easy :). Here is a new melee game that I hope will become more widespread in the community that is played in CenCal. It's called Fresno Three's.

Fresno Three's refers to the three person game created by Fresno smashers Mevan Happawana and Chris Vang played on Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube. The game is designed to improve teamwork, team's awareness, and 2 on 1's among the three people playing. The game starts with two of the three players on a team and the third on their own. After each game then the individual on their own will alternate to the player slot to the left of the person who was most recently on their own. A legal teams stage is chosen at random and the two players on a team will both Self-Destruct twice leaving both players that are on a team with one stock each, while the player that is alone has three stocks. The goal is for the players on the team to overcome the three stocks of the individual via teamwork. If the team is able to overcome the three stocked individual then the individual shall get a point. The first to three points loses. Fresno Three's stands for three people, three stocks, three points to lose.

RULES:

1) Three people are involved: two will be on a team, one on their own

2) Stocks are set to three

3) There is no time limit

4) Friendly Fire is set to On

5) Only legal teams stages shall be played on (Yoshi's Story, Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium)

6) First stage is selected at random

7) The two players on a team shall both SD twice

8) If the two players on a team accidentally deal any damage to the individual before they are both down to one stock each then the game is reset and the individual may now select any legal stage

9) The two players on a team shall only begin attacking the individual when they are both down to one stock regardless of invincibility

10) If the individual manages to beat the team then no one will earn any points

11) If the team defeats the individual then that individual will earn one point

12) After the game is over then the player on their own will now become the next player port to the left

13) The first player to three points loses

----------------------

Try it out and let me know what you guys think! It's always nice to try to come up with more to the game of Super Smash Bros Melee. Comments and opinions are more than welcome.

Last edited:

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
Sounds pretty cool. I might try this with my friends or when Smash 4 comes out because we're gonna try to enter the competitive scene. It helps with 2 on 1 situations because they are a big part of team play. Nice job and welcome to SmashBoards!

Mevan

Smash Rookie
It really does help with teams play and I've definitely improved a lot from just playing it. We play it a lot here and hopefully this game will find the exposure it deserves.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Seems unbalanced. 2v1 is great for the 2, but 3 stocks is too much of a safeguard for the 1. For example, if a fox shine spikes one of the 2, he suddenly has 3 stocks to 1 in a 1v1. Similar things can be done by puff, sheik, peach, and other characters. Basically, getting a cheap/quick kill on one of the 2 puts the loner in a disproportionately large advantage.

My recommendation is to give the team an extra stock to share, which is good for a lot of reasons (the least of which is that it fits even better with your game title, "Fresno Three's")

Last edited:

Mevan

Smash Rookie
Hey Sveet, thanks for the input. However, that is exactly the challenge! The team is at a slight disadvantage which is why teamwork is heavily influenced, the team prevailing is very doable and often happens (even with one stock each) when you understand your partner. Just gotta cover all options and not let the individual that is on his own get anything started and synergize with each other. Next time your in a rotation of 3 give Fresno Three's a shot with this ruleset, its pretty intense. We often play with this ruleset in CenCal and we have all greatly improved in teams.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I guess i'm just biased because i'm a fox player and i'm particularly good at making 1v2 comebacks. I've made it happen too many times in tournament with only 1 stock left, doing it with 3 stocks seems way too easy. Its as simple as trading damage with your first stock or two; come third stock you are at 0% while they are high percent. Then a stray hit kills one and youre at a big advantage.

Youre welcome to play the game however you want, I was just trying to balance it for you (and others)

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Instead of just playing vanilla 2v1's try the 2 team takes every stock from the 1 team without losing a stock, if the 2 team loses a stock the 1 player wins

Top Bottom