• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fresno/Clovis,CA Brawl Players

Drex

Smash Apprentice
I don't know who we have lost in this transition over to the new game, but I would like to start seeing some stuff going on with the rather large community we have in this area.

Anyone familiar with the tournament scene of the area knows me, and I am really looking to get some stuff going in the area again.

Post your friend codes here, if anyone has a smash fest or anything planned like that let me know, feel free to email me at tehdrex@gmail.com and I will help get the word spread.

Tournaments at the moment are going to be on hiatus as far as ones I run go until I find a new venue, due to personal/managerial issues with level one.

If we have to use someones house, then we will do it... no reason we can't be like socal when there is so many people who play around here.

HayZe

Smash Rookie
Gj Drex on posting this. I don't know if you saw what I posted on that old fresno thread but basically saying to someone in fresno known more then me to make a thread for fresno smashers. This is my new account and my name is Jake or Gray in Melee. Yesterday I talked to people at Buddies and they are in the process of relocating to the Fresno State area which is good because it's in the middle of town basically for a lot of people to make it to if the idea of tournies ever come up. At the moment they don't have brawl but it sounded like they were in the process of getting it so, who knows.

I'm down to play some casuals sometime Drex if you are. I don't have a Wii yet but plan on getting one pretty soon. I'll post my Wii code in my sig whenever I get a Wii to anyone wanting to play.

Drex

Smash Apprentice
Yah the buddys guys have been trying to get me to run something with them for a while.But I dunno, just something about those guys throws me off.

HayZe

Smash Rookie
Imma go to my friends house later that has Brawl, we should play on Wii connect. I've only played Brawl twice since launch but he plays it more then I do so maybe you can play him or something. Post your Wii code or w.e the hell they use to play on wiiconnect, lets get this going.

HayZe

Smash Rookie
First tourney that I know of so far for Brawl.

Date: April 5th
Location: Willow and Herndon Gamestop ( was told it was the only Gamestop hosting the tourney)

Stages are going to be neutral platform stages and FD of course. Its 4 stock starting and I don't know if it is timed also. You can use gamecube controllers but I think there are some items on, I don't know which ones yet. Entry fee is free and First Prize is unknown yet, I didn't ask. Thats all I know so far, I'll try to get some more info soon. Oh yea, and max entry amount of ppl in the tourney is 32 I think. I don't know how many have signed up so far but thats the maximum allowed in the tourney.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
oooh look it's Drex. hey i wanna play in a fresno brawl tourney. or melee. i have a shot at winning a melee. brawl i'll just get owned since i don't have a wii and lack experience in that game. but it's fun....i suppose.

Top Bottom