• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

French Interview with Sakurai

Sashimi

Smash Ace
"And always careful with onions gameplay!"

This article translated into English is pretty funny to read.

I absolutely love that he cites games that aren't from Nintendo. It shows that he's not only aware of what's going on in the rest of the gaming industry, but he's also very down-to-Earth and not acting as though Sony and Microsoft are "the enemy" like in the Nintendo vs Sega days where they practically had attack ads against each other. That being said, I think his concern about patching is due to the fact that he probably doesn't have any experience making patchable games, and he did say that he wants to research it, so rest assured. He'll be up to date on it in due time.

I'm actually looking forward to less information (especially if it means just a few trailers for new characters). As much as I loved checking the Dojo every day for Brawl news, when I finally got the game, there were very few surprises left.

As for the stage hazards: I'm not concerned. We had a dozen stages revealed at E3, and I think about 9 or so had no hazards and looked very neutral.

ScottSan

Smash Cadet
I thought that I saw someone on here (on a different topic, of course...I think the "Dr. Mario" character thread?) post something about how cool it would be if Sakurai/the Smash development team made DLC packs, like the "Melee Pack", which would bring back the old Melee characters (Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, etc.), items, and stages from Melee that aren't currently in SSB4. That sounds like a good idea to me, because some people (like me) have a hard time picking which character to main on Brawl due to not having their fave on there.

Another thing I heard was that if they were going to bring back the old characters, they should just make them alternate costumes of the already said characters, like how Wario had his normal outfits + his old-school ones. But instead of just making them "alt costumes", they should give them back their attributes, or their own move-set, to help save space on the Character Roster. Here's an example:
Mario > Dr. Mario
Marth > Roy
Pikachu > Pichu

^I ALSO heard that from another topic...not trying to get credit, just thought that that was another good idea!

Top Bottom