• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Freeze glitch problems.....

captainlukey

Smash Ace
hi guys,
just wonderin does the freeze glitch thingy work in the PAL versions of smash?
because if it does i need a more in depth description of how/why it works and in depth how to actually perform this elusive technique.....
any help appreciated:( :)

Aaron_Sketch

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure it does. If you don't already know how to do it you have to...

1- Go to training mode with ICs vs bowser in FD.
2- Go right up to bowser.
3- Turn and grab at the same time; This will make Nana grab instead of Popo.
4- Just as Nana is throwing Bowser, get Popo to do a hammer squall.
5- This will make him freeze. Remember not to do any bs or down+bs or else Bowser will be stuck there until you reset the match.
6- Smash away. To unfreeze him, just grab and forwardthrow. Oh, and if Bowser gets too high up to grab, then your screwed.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
is there a certain way you have to hammer squall or anything?
because i cant get it to work....
do i have to push towards or away from the enemy?
and is timing and enemy char important?

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
um..I'm not 100% sure, but when i do it, it usually only works if you squall right away. I think it'll work if you squall forward immediately, as long as nana throws forward. And for me it's harder on humans than computers...and when i do it on my friends they aren't even moving. ha...but that's what works for me. Dont stand near the middle of a level, either, cause nana will likely uthrow and they'll be stuck forever.

Also, Aaron, you could spotdodge and hold z, and only nana will grab. Your way works too though. :)

captainlukey

Smash Ace
thanx guys,
one more thing though, how do you get nana to forward throw everytime,
does the position of the ICs have something to do with it?

Smash Master
Don't double post. Nana's throw, I think, is random, but she will often throw a character off the stage if she can. Therefore, if she is facing towards a ledge, she will f-throw

You

Smash Rookie
i cant only like 1/10 grabs i can...
oh yea i think this happened to me.
if you squall to much it will cancel it (i think) than you can just smash away at it

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
me too, i had heard about it but i didnt know what it was... and randomly during a game... i got it... but i used blizzard a little later and that sucked...

cemo

white walker
It was more of a fluke thing when I did it, as Nana grabbed and threw him as I was recovering.

BlueScope

Smash Apprentice
Well, is there a definitive 'yes' or 'no' to the PAL question?
I for myself can only state that I didn't got it working at all (PAL player, too), but that might be because Nana used the b-throw or u-throw every time...

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
I am also a pal player, and can't get it to work. If your a PAL player, and have got it to work, your confirmation would be nice ( I.E post saying you did it).

Top Bottom