• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame Data for PM

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I'm really surprised there is not frame Data for characters yet. The games been out quite a while, and I assume most people who play the game are striving for competitive excellence. Would anyone be willing to try and start frame data? I know this would improve my game by a lot if I could compare frames (since I'm new to the Melee Physics Engine)

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Well making a frame data thread takes quite a bit of tedious work. There are threads popping up for different characters as dedicated people create them (I made Ness, I know Ivy, Wolf and Zelda have them), but it will just take time.

If you want to find them yourself, you could go find a older version of BrawlBox, open a character skin file (Mario01.pac for example), right click on model data, hit preview all. then you need to load the fitmotion file on the left menu, and the fit file (the one without numbers) in the top menu. After doing this, the menu on the right will have a section called subactions, going into there will allow you to click and view any action that character can do.

Kinda confusing the first time, but after awhile it takes seconds to find a specific attack.

hope this helped

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Actually, several character sub-forums have their own threads with frame data information (I started my own in the Lucas forum), and Metroid started a thread in GD that all the numeric frame data (no images) for the entire cast dumped.

Anyways, if you wanna see something specific, I suggest you start tinkering in brawlbox and find a tutorial for hitbox viewing. Creating hitbox guides can be rather tedious work especially when you know an update will come soon after you finish it and invalidate half of what you did. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for someone else to make them, that's why I took it upon myself to learn Brawlbox in the first place.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If you are including images for hitbox threads, you need to make sure to resize the characters model size. The size is located under the Attributes tab as Size. If it is anything other than 1, you need to change TopN or any of the other few bones listed at the top of the bone list to have the X, Y, and Z sizes match the Size attribute. You need to do that for every animation in order to have an image display the hitboxes properly. Otherwise you will end up having the hitboxes placed correctly but they are actually off because the character is not the correct size. Sounds a bit confusing but hopefully you understand what I'm saying.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I think there's a Ganondorf frame data thread in his respective sub forum. Used it as a visual reference many times. It's from melee but the hitboxes are about the same.

Top Bottom