• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Weight

Super Samus 99

Smash Apprentice
Does Fox's light weight bother anyone else?I mean,he's the 5th lightest!I know it's like impossible to kill him from the top,but I get sent flying too far horizontally,and fastfalling kinda messes up recovery.Tips,please.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
It's just one of those things that balances fox out. He's 5th lightest, but he's also the fastest (mobility and attack-wise) and the #1 on the tier list.

If fox were, say, 10th lightest....well...he would be very overpowered IMO.

As for getting KO'ed horizontally: When you get hit off to the side, your DI (directional influence) should be up and toward the stage. This gives a little more falling room for you, but you still may feel inadequate when you're cast aside and can't make it back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Heh Fox's insane recovery and good DI makes up for his wieght. Him being the 5th lightest doesn't means he dies the 5th fastest in the game...

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Heh Fox's insane recovery and good DI makes up for his wieght. Him being the 5th lightest doesn't means he dies the 5th fastest in the game...
Insane is not a word reserved for the likes of fox's recovery or DI. His DI from off-stage is minimal, as he is a fastfaller. Firefox is good...better than internet explorer...but helps much more vertically than horizontally. If you're looking to maximize your distance with firefox, then angle it at about 25ish degrees when you're even with the stage and DI hard toward the ledge when you're out of it.

Still...fox has trouble getting back from the sides, this is one of those things that you can't cure but can only prevent.

+rep threadstarter
Go get em.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Foxes weight is one thing that you just have to deal with if you decide that you're going to play him. Any good Fox player will know how to avoid the lower damage kills by making use of the effective DI's.

FoxsLegacy

Smash Rookie
The only thing I dislike about Fox is his falling speed, I mean of course it balances him out and it's all good. It's my fault but sometimes I'll be playing and get knocked away and accidentally hit ->+A and he does like 5 kicks in a circular motion and there is NO WAY to recover after doing that move because you eat the screen before you have a chance.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Insane is not a word reserved for the likes of fox's recovery or DI. His DI from off-stage is minimal, as he is a fastfaller. Firefox is good...better than internet explorer...but helps much more vertically than horizontally. If you're looking to maximize your distance with firefox, then angle it at about 25ish degrees when you're even with the stage and DI hard toward the ledge when you're out of it.

Still...fox has trouble getting back from the sides, this is one of those things that you can't cure but can only prevent.

+rep threadstarter
Go get em.
Wins the internet.

OmegaXangel

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I dislike about Fox is his falling speed, I mean of course it balances him out and it's all good. It's my fault but sometimes I'll be playing and get knocked away and accidentally hit ->+A and he does like 5 kicks in a circular motion and there is NO WAY to recover after doing that move because you eat the screen before you have a chance.
Quick suggestion...Don't push A while you're far away from the stage. If anything, a shine to stop your momentum is a lot better.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
The only thing I dont like about foxes weight,is that he can be chain grabbed.other then that he's a good character to use.fox players should have good DI

thanguyen

Smash Cadet
Fox is anorexic and I am worried for his life.
People with eating disorders are are just like anyone else...well, unless they're space animals.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Fox's DI is good. Just because he doesn't go that far from it doesn't mean it's bad. He can survive alot of attacks because his fastfalling makes him harder to kill off the top, so he can DI without worry, as opposed to some floatier characters who may die off the top from DIing horizontal attacks.

Smash Master
Fox is anorexic and I am worried for his life.
People with eating disorders are are just like anyone else...well, unless they're space animals.
He doesn't want to weigh his ship down. Anyway, yeah Fox is light. He dies at 100% and gets comboed for about 75% of that. On the other hand, he gets kills at 100% with about 75% from combos, so it's all good.

And sometimes you get that gay b-throw/ shinespike kill at like 12%

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Threadstarted, I see your avatar and assume you are a samus...

It is a very big change for you, eh, samus is the 26th lightest in the game (figure that out :))

Well, fox has his flaws, just learn him and shinespike your friends till they hate you

<3

Top Bottom